As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Plans for PAX '06

179111213

Posts

  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    *sigh* So I was thinking of maybe doing PAX this year, and decided to see just how far away Bellevue would be for me.

    Well, according to Google, it's over 2000 miles from what I live, and is at least a 39 hour drive. I'd be spending nearly 700 dollars in gas and food just to go there and come home.

    In which case, how expensive would it be to head down there by plane?

    SpeedySwaf on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    SpeedySwaf wrote:
    *sigh* So I was thinking of maybe doing PAX this year, and decided to see just how far away Bellevue would be for me.

    Well, according to Google, it's over 2000 miles from what I live, and is at least a 39 hour drive. I'd be spending nearly 700 dollars in gas and food just to go there and come home.

    In which case, how expensive would it be to head down there by plane?

    Under $300, if you take Southwest.

    Doc on
  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Doc wrote:
    SpeedySwaf wrote:
    *sigh* So I was thinking of maybe doing PAX this year, and decided to see just how far away Bellevue would be for me.

    Well, according to Google, it's over 2000 miles from what I live, and is at least a 39 hour drive. I'd be spending nearly 700 dollars in gas and food just to go there and come home.

    In which case, how expensive would it be to head down there by plane?
    Under $300, if you take Southwest.
    One way, or round trip?

    SpeedySwaf on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:
    The Geek wrote:
    Which is the "new hotel across the street"?

    That one thats been under construction during the last two PAXes, hopfully its a little cheaper then the Doubletree, which was why I stayed at the Bellevue Lodge the last couple years, which was camped out on the Meydenbauer's ass... The new hotel, whatever it is, would be great though, since its right fucking there, making the table-top rooms not too far away whenever you wanted to check it out... Its certainly the best location buts its all going to come down to the price of the place...

    But do you know the name of it?

    The only new hotel I know of across from Maydenbaeur is the new Marriot, which won't be cheap.

    Also the 1 Lincoln Plaza tower is now complete, but it has a Westin in it so not cheap there either. Really there are no cheap places right close to PAX.

    Weaver on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    SpeedySwaf wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    SpeedySwaf wrote:
    *sigh* So I was thinking of maybe doing PAX this year, and decided to see just how far away Bellevue would be for me.

    Well, according to Google, it's over 2000 miles from what I live, and is at least a 39 hour drive. I'd be spending nearly 700 dollars in gas and food just to go there and come home.

    In which case, how expensive would it be to head down there by plane?
    Under $300, if you take Southwest.
    One way, or round trip?

    Round trip. Just be sure to book as far in advance as you can.

    Doc on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Man, I hope someone hosts an open bar again this year. Last year Turbine (the D&D Online devs) hosted one at the Double Tree, where you got a limited number of drink tickets as you walked in. About six guys that happened to be staying at the hotel found out about this, got their free tickets, and came in. As soon as they saw the D&D trivia contest, they decided the party wasn't right for them, so they started to leave. Nobody else thought to, so I walked up to them and asked them for their tickets.

    Bam. Drunk Doc.

    Doc on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    The Geek wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:
    The Geek wrote:
    Which is the "new hotel across the street"?

    That one thats been under construction during the last two PAXes, hopfully its a little cheaper then the Doubletree, which was why I stayed at the Bellevue Lodge the last couple years, which was camped out on the Meydenbauer's ass... The new hotel, whatever it is, would be great though, since its right fucking there, making the table-top rooms not too far away whenever you wanted to check it out... Its certainly the best location buts its all going to come down to the price of the place...

    But do you know the name of it?

    The only new hotel I know of across from Maydenbaeur is the new Marriot, which won't be cheap.

    Also the 1 Lincoln Plaza tower is now complete, but it has a Westin in it so not cheap there either. Really there are no cheap places right close to PAX.

    Bellevue Lodge, unless youre talking about Hotels, I stayed at that little motel the last couple of years and was fine, as it was both the cheapest and closest place to PAX. Im just interested in staying at the official hotel this year since the tabletop rooms will be there

    eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Hey Shade, nice sig ^^

    T: Legacy. Put a shirt on man! The pasty whiteness is blinding me

    Um...I have a shirt on.

    It's just peach colored and therefore is lost in the grainyness.

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    Hey Shade, nice sig ^^

    T: Legacy. Put a shirt on man! The pasty whiteness is blinding me

    Um...I have a shirt on.

    It's just peach colored and therefore is lost in the grainyness.

    Well then.....you're wearing pink.....

    Props ^^

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I cant fucking wait...I registered and am gonna get plane tickets as soon as I hear back on some other stuff....$319 round-trip from North Carolina isnt too bad....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I'll be rockin the $40 in bus fare since there's nowhere to park in residential Seattle

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    I'll be rockin the $40 in bus fare since there's nowhere to park in residential Seattle

    more like Shade will be...

    :P

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    I'll be rockin the $40 in bus fare since there's nowhere to park in residential Seattle

    more like Shade will be...

    :P

    No, he'll be rockin' me

    :winky:

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    I'll be rockin the $40 in bus fare since there's nowhere to park in residential Seattle

    more like Shade will be...

    :P

    No, he'll be rockin' me

    :winky:

    Ew. :x









    :winky:

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    I'll be rockin the $40 in bus fare since there's nowhere to park in residential Seattle

    Salmoned for lies. There is nowhere to park in the downtown area, but there is always a spot somewhere around where people live, even on Capitol Hill. What neighborhood are you referring to?

    Doc on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    I'll be rockin the $40 in bus fare since there's nowhere to park in residential Seattle

    Salmoned for lies. There is nowhere to park in the downtown area, but there is always a spot somewhere around where people live, even on Capitol Hill. What neighborhood are you referring to?

    The U District, right by Husky Stadium. Trust me, Shade's car broke down outside his house, and he got a ticket, because his car wasn't in it's spot.

    That and "there's nowhere to park" is code for I'm lazy and don't have a car.

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Man, I hope someone hosts an open bar again this year. Last year Turbine (the D&D Online devs) hosted one at the Double Tree, where you got a limited number of drink tickets as you walked in. About six guys that happened to be staying at the hotel found out about this, got their free tickets, and came in. As soon as they saw the D&D trivia contest, they decided the party wasn't right for them, so they started to leave. Nobody else thought to, so I walked up to them and asked them for their tickets.

    Bam. Drunk Doc.

    thatd be nice....i'll be 21 at the time of the event so I'm looking forward to a couple fun nights after the expo....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Esko wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Man, I hope someone hosts an open bar again this year. Last year Turbine (the D&D Online devs) hosted one at the Double Tree, where you got a limited number of drink tickets as you walked in. About six guys that happened to be staying at the hotel found out about this, got their free tickets, and came in. As soon as they saw the D&D trivia contest, they decided the party wasn't right for them, so they started to leave. Nobody else thought to, so I walked up to them and asked them for their tickets.

    Bam. Drunk Doc.

    thatd be nice....i'll be 21 at the time of the event so I'm looking forward to a couple fun nights after the expo....

    Yeah, I turned 21 a few weeks before last years, and that was really my first oppurtunity to drink after turning 21, since my friends are all lazy fucking assholes and wouldnt come pick me up and made my ass drive on my 21st birthday...

    eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    i'll be 21 in May so I'll have sometime to celebrate but I'm sure drinking with fellow gamers will be fun as hell.....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    I'll be rockin the $40 in bus fare since there's nowhere to park in residential Seattle

    more like Shade will be...

    :P

    No, he'll be rockin' me

    :winky:

    Ew. :x









    :winky:

    You walked *right* into that one

    :winky:

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    I have confirmed that there will be drinking involved to celebrate a nice person's birthday after PAX.

    There will be drinking.

    And rejoicing.

    And tango.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    I have confirmed that there will be drinking involved to celebrate a nice person's birthday after PAX.

    There will be drinking.

    And rejoicing.

    And tango.

    Do we really need a reason?

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    I have confirmed that there will be drinking involved to celebrate a nice person's birthday after PAX.

    There will be drinking.

    And rejoicing.

    And tango.

    Do we really need a reason?

    of course not....but that makes it even more fun....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    I have confirmed that there will be drinking involved to celebrate a nice person's birthday after PAX.

    There will be drinking.

    And rejoicing.

    And tango.

    Do we really need a reason?

    My birthday is a few days after PAX


    There will be no love for me :(

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    I have confirmed that there will be drinking involved to celebrate a nice person's birthday after PAX.

    There will be drinking.

    And rejoicing.

    And tango.

    Do we really need a reason?

    My birthday is a few days after PAX


    There will be no love for me :(

    Shut it. You get enough love.

    I need some love.

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    I have confirmed that there will be drinking involved to celebrate a nice person's birthday after PAX.

    There will be drinking.

    And rejoicing.

    And tango.

    Do we really need a reason?

    My birthday is a few days after PAX


    There will be no love for me :(

    Shut it. You get enough love.

    I need some love.

    Ok I'll fix that.

    There will be no birthday alcohol for me :(
    (I'll be getting some love though :winky:)

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    I wanna hang out with all the awesome people I know from the forum all day and all night.

    I'm gonna just cut loose this year.

    The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    seems like Im gonna be the n00b at the expo this year...at least from the people on the forums....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Shut it. You get enough love.

    I need some love.

    Ok I'll fix that.

    There will be no birthday alcohol for me :(
    (I'll be getting some love though :winky:)

    You'll still get some alcohol. :o

    I <3 being over 21.

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    I didn't say we needed a reason, it just happens that there is one.

    Oh and Legacy, I'll be reminding you this before, during, and after PAX, but can you buy me some Vodka (preferably Smirnoff Triple Distilled)? I'm gonna be flying a long distance so I can't very well carry any on me, and I won't exactly know where the good liquor shops are in Washington.

    EDIT: Or I can just pester Weaver. Again.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    I'm gonna be flying a long distance so I can't very well carry any on me

    Why not, Munkus? I take bottles of alcohol between Australia and Europe/ the states all the time, no problem. Generally in my hand luggage, of course.

    tynic on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    tynic wrote:
    I'm gonna be flying a long distance so I can't very well carry any on me

    Why not, Munkus? I take bottles of alcohol between Australia and Europe/ the states all the time, no problem. Generally in my hand luggage, of course.

    It will save me very valuable space in my one carry-on not to pack any food or drink that I won't consume on the plane.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    tynic wrote:
    I'm gonna be flying a long distance so I can't very well carry any on me

    Why not, Munkus? I take bottles of alcohol between Australia and Europe/ the states all the time, no problem. Generally in my hand luggage, of course.

    It will save me very valuable space in my one carry-on not to pack any food or drink that I won't consume on the plane.
    Well, that makes sense. But is not clear from your original context.

    tynic on
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:

    Ok I'll fix that.

    There will be no birthday alcohol for me :(
    (I'll be getting some love though :winky:)

    those of us that are there will take care of that for you.....speaking of which we'll have to figure out a way for everybody to meet up when we are there....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Esko wrote:
    Trillian wrote:

    Ok I'll fix that.

    There will be no birthday alcohol for me :(
    (I'll be getting some love though :winky:)

    those of us that are there will take care of that for you.....speaking of which we'll have to figure out a way for everybody to hook up when we are there....

    Fixed.

    Puerto Rock on
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    lol....took me a bit to notice the change....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    tynic wrote:
    tynic wrote:
    I'm gonna be flying a long distance so I can't very well carry any on me

    Why not, Munkus? I take bottles of alcohol between Australia and Europe/ the states all the time, no problem. Generally in my hand luggage, of course.

    It will save me very valuable space in my one carry-on not to pack any food or drink that I won't consume on the plane.
    Well, that makes sense. But is not clear from your original context.

    Er...sorry. For trips like these, I always try to pack one-overhead luggage because on long flights I either lose the extra luggage or wait an hour for it to get out. And after traveling so much, I really don't want to be in the airport longer than need.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Esko wrote:
    seems like Im gonna be the n00b at the expo this year...at least from the people on the forums....

    You and me both should I go. :D

    Polago on
  • Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Esko wrote:
    lol....took me a bit to notice the change....

    It's a subtle but important difference.

    Puerto Rock on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Of course I can.

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
Sign In or Register to comment.