As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm burnt out on this election.

tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Am I alone in the feeling that this election has been going forever? The last election was my first opportunity to vote and I thought it was a blast. I learned about candidates, their views, and various other things that they stood for. It was truely interesting to me, but this time I can't help that everyone involved this election is an annoyance.

No one is a stand out and everyone seems to stand on some sort of crutch. It's either vote(or don't vote) for the black guy, the woman, the (insert religion), or the guy who saved us during 9/11. Personally, I could care less about gender, race, or religion. Just like any job interview the average person goes to I just want to know how are you going to be an asset to the company(aka USA).

I try to watch the news channels for some coverage, but most of the time it's like watching ET or Xtra. They do some fluff piece and leave me wanting the last 5 min of my life back. At first it was, "let's get out of Iraq", then it was "My Jesus is better than your Jesus", now it's "OMG, she cries!". In between all that various celebs hype their personal choices. I read Time and other news magazines, but again it does little to help me think candidate X deserves to be president. Maybe I'm reading the wrong stuff.

Coverage for this election has been going on for so long that I just don't care anymore. I know I should feel otherwise, but I'm tired of seeing their faces plastered on the TV/Newspaper. Any of you people feel this way? I know plenty of people from different countries browse the forums, so i would like to get an outsiders perspective as well.

tallgeeze on

• ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    To me, it does feel like it has been going on forever.

I think the country started wanting a new president almost immediately after George W. Bush was re-elected, so this primary has been in the news for a long time.

I have a stickied thread at the top of the forum that you can use for research rather than trying to extract meaningful information from the media fluff.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=17826

Shinto on
  • finalbroadcastfinalbroadcast WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have had the worst experience of election coverage in the last few days. Watching Lou Dobbs attempt to address racial issues filled me with resignation of anything useful coming out of any of this. The media needs to take a long vacation, and we might have a chance for a real election. Otherwise, we'll end up with four more years of useless bullshit.

finalbroadcast on
    finalbroadcast.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I've never really paid attention to elections before. It's easier now because it seems so much more in-your-face.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Sword_of_LightSword_of_Light Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It has been going on forever. There wasnt a break between the election in '04 and the Congressional election in '06, and now we've got '08.
    The coverage is useless, the candidates arent saying anything of substance - I havent paid a single notice to any debate - because they're all fluff. I've long since made up my decision, and theres very little chance of it being altered by events of the comming year. Yeah, Obama has dark skin, ok. In theory, Clinton is a woman. So? How are the candidates going to get us out of Iraq? Will anything be done to curb OPEC or the jackass at NYMEX who drove the price of oil pass 100$ as a lark? What will the candidate do about the train-wreck that is the Leave No Child A Dime Act? Huckabee and Romney are Jesus freaks - ok, how well did they run their states? Romney ran his into the ground? Hey, something substantial.

I'll vote for Barak Obama if the Dems have the balls to run him - like they didnt with Dean. I'll vote for Edwards, happily, if they dont pick Obama, and if the Blue team runs Clinton, shudder, I'll vote for her if the Reds pick anyone but McCain. If its Clinton vs. McCain: All Politicians Battle I'll have to think real hard and figure out which of them I hate more. The Red who is for the war, or the Blue who didnt have the balls to vote against it?

Sword_of_Light on
    "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. "
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    I've never really paid attention to elections before. It's easier now because it seems so much more in-your-face.

True, but the in-your-face stuff has nothing to do with anything tangible it seems. It's all bullshit and buzz words.

tallgeeze on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Personally I love it. There's no way you can pretend or attempt to excuse yourself for not knowing anything about the candidates given how long the campaigning has been going on. You'd have to be actively not paying attention for that to be the case. Given how important this election is proving to be, it's great that people are going to know far more about the candidates they vote for than they really ever wanted to. Even my mom knows some of the wonk stances of Obama and Clinton, and she hasn't been paying much attention.

moniker on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    tallgeeze wrote: »

True, but the in-your-face stuff has nothing to do with anything tangible it seems. It's all bullshit and buzz words.

Where are you getting your news from?

moniker on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    This is the most interesting and, arguably, most important presidential election since I've been old enough to vote (around '96). Yeah, it's kind of dragging, but I'm loving it. It's exciting.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Let me put it this way. Since April, I've been methodically going through the biographies of approximately 12,000 elected and unelected Washington officials. I have been to three listening sessions held by my Senator in the past nine months. Since becoming eligible to vote in 2003, the only vote I have ever missed is a single school board primary.

I'M starting to get a bit fatigued by the election. I know we're going to get at least SOME time to catch our breath once we have our two, even if it's only a week.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    This is the most interesting and, arguably, most important presidential election since I've been old enough to vote (around '96). Yeah, it's kind of dragging, but I'm loving it. It's exciting.

It is rather exciting. We've got a heated local race here for AG and one of my professors is running for the job, so I feel a lot more invested in local politics this year as well.

Medopine on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It has been going on forever. There wasnt a break between the election in '04 and the Congressional election in '06, and now we've got '08.
    The coverage is useless, the candidates arent saying anything of substance - I havent paid a single notice to any debate - because they're all fluff. I've long since made up my decision, and theres very little chance of it being altered by events of the comming year. Yeah, Obama has dark skin, ok. In theory, Clinton is a woman. So? How are the candidates going to get us out of Iraq? Will anything be done to curb OPEC or the jackass at NYMEX who drove the price of oil pass 100$ as a lark? What will the candidate do about the train-wreck that is the Leave No Child A Dime Act? Huckabee and Romney are Jesus freaks - ok, how well did they run their states? Romney ran his into the ground? Hey, something substantial.

I'll vote for Barak Obama if the Dems have the balls to run him - like they didnt with Dean. I'll vote for Edwards, happily, if they dont pick Obama, and if the Blue team runs Clinton, shudder, I'll vote for her if the Reds pick anyone but McCain. If its Clinton vs. McCain: All Politicians Battle I'll have to think real hard and figure out which of them I hate more. The Red who is for the war, or the Blue who didnt have the balls to vote against it?
    I'd say there has actually been quite a bit of substance with some of the candidates, and it's definitely been a gripping one. Of course, I didn't have my passion for politics in 2003/4 that I do now, but I still think it's something special about this election as well. I definitely do agree that it's been going on for quite awhile, though - I remember hearing commentary from at least as early as December 2006.

I really like your last paragraph.

SithDrummer on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Why the most important?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    tallgeeze wrote: »

Where are you getting your news from?

I get from local news, cable news, Time, newspaper, and internet. I'm guessing it's like that for most individuals.

I agree it's the most interesting, but I feel it's suffering from overexposure. I was hyped up for the wide array of people running and their different views. That was around this time last year. Now I just feel like a kid on the last day of school. I tried absorbing all the info I can get and now I just wanna get it over with.

The only thing I can compare this election to is the constant TV ads for that Frank Caliendo show. I love Frank and was interested in his show, but those damn ads got on my nerves after a while.

tallgeeze on
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I feel the same as the OP. This election has gone on for far to long and I can see no end in sight. The whole NH debacle on the Dem side only made it worse. For a moment there I thought they had it worked out, but NOOO, they had to give Hillary a second chance.

My worst nightmare is Hillary versus Mccain in the general election. What is she going to throw at him? That he lacks exipirience? That he is a Washington Insider? Her every weapon is neutralised by Mccain.

Wich means 4 more years of Republican Rule, wich is going to suuuuck.

Between that and the Rontards(No Ron Paul is not the Messia, He is a very naught boy) being to dumb to get a fucking clue, I am just tired of thinking about the election.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    No one is a stand out and everyone seems to stand on some sort of crutch. It's either vote(or don't vote) for the black guy, the woman, the (insert religion), or the guy who saved us during 9/11.

If that's all you see maybe you shouldn't be voting

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • HembotHembot Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    No one is a stand out and everyone seems to stand on some sort of crutch. It's either vote(or don't vote) for the black guy, the woman, the (insert religion), or the guy who saved us during 9/11.

If that's all you see maybe you shouldn't be voting

Well that does happen to be how the media portrays it. You have to look a little deeper but it is indeed tiring to look through the fluff. I really hate it when a candidate accuses his opponents of something. I'm not looking for the best name caller to be elected. I'm looking for the best person to run the country.

My problem is that socially I'm a liberal and fiscally I'm a conservative. I hate the label moderate because someone could be the total opposite and have the same label. It's interesting to see my own inner turmoil at what I deem most important...The war on Iraq? The impending/possibly current recession? Racial equality?...and how this affects my choice in a candidate.

This is a time of turmoil and so many things are important that it makes for some pretty tough decisions. So no matter how tiring it gets I'm going to put in an effort to keep myself up to date.

Hembot on
    edited January 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    Why the most important?

No real incumbent on either side and a pretty diverse set of candidates.

Potential for a real electoral realignment.

You know, if you step back from the idiotic day to day crap that bums people out, this is actually an incredible election and I'm pretty stoked about it. A plunge into the purifying fracas of our public religion with everything great and despicable in the national character wildly on parade and the eternal hope of catharsis and rebirth beckoning madly on the far side of November.

Shinto on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    Shinto wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Why the most important?

No real incumbent on either side and a pretty diverse set of candidates.

Potential for a real electoral realignment.

Yup. In most recent elections, you had a pretty milquetoast selection of candidates on both sides, where which actual one got picked didn't matter too much. They weren't identical, but in terms of what they could reasonably hope to accomplish, it wasn't a huge difference. And even in the general, the actual public effects of either guy were, at the time of the election, pretty similar for the average Joe. Clearly the nation might look much different had Gore taken the presidency in 2000 instead of Bush, but back then - in the wake of a booming economy and a pretty peaceful existence with the rest of the world - it wasn't that big a deal either way for those who weren't policy wonks.

This time, it's pretty easy to see what sort of difference we can expect from different candidates. A Huckabee presidency is going to be very different from a McCain presidency. A Clinton presidency will not resemble an Obama presidency. There are things clearly at stake here. Not in an OMG THE WORLD WILL END IF WE PICK CANDIDATE X sense, but still dramatic. This time around, people aren't going to be able to hide behind the "Oh, they're all the same, what does it matter who I pick?" meme. There's someone out there for everyone, and that means that whoever gets picked really is going to have a mandate of sorts. In a field of every possible candidate, the one that's chosen will really represent what we, as a nation, want in a leader.

Let's fucking hope it's not Giuliani.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Let's fucking hope it's not Giuliani.

What, you're not excited about the rise of the fourth reich?

geckahn on
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What burns me out are the people claiming to be annoyed by this election cycle and saying that the candidates are all the same and fluff. Then they go on to admit that they haven't actually payed attention to debates or read the news.

But if you like being in your bubble, Hillary is all about being female, Obama about being black, and...well the Republicans are about their religion. You got one out of three.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This time around, people aren't going to be able to hide behind the "Oh, they're all the same, what does it matter who I pick?" meme. There's someone out there for everyone, and that means that whoever gets picked really is going to have a mandate of sorts. In a field of every possible candidate, the one that's chosen will really represent what we, as a nation, want in a leader.
    This is what I have spent all election unsuccessfully trying to tell my dad. He is just as adamant in his they're-all-crooks belief as ever. At one point, he said we haven't had a decent guy in Washington since Abraham Lincoln. Today's episode included the following:

Dad: It's just the lesser of two evils.
    Me: Um, it's the primaries.
    Dad: How many are in it?
    Me (this is a Dem household, save for my Greenness): The Democratic primary has Obama, Hillary, Edwards and Kucinich left. (I had forgotten Gravel.)
    Dad: Okay, then it's lesser of four evils.

Talking politics with him- and it's unavoidable sometimes-can be absolutely maddening.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I suspect there will be a bit of a lull in media coverage once the candidates are selected, which will probably happen after Super Duper Ultra Mega HYPER COMBO Tuesday. The "horse race" aspect will lessen, and there might actually be some time to meaningfully discuss important topics.

Or perhaps I'm just being optimistic.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    As exciting as I'm sure your election is I really just can't beleive how long the US campaigns are. I'm in another continent on the other side of the world and we till get daily updates on your bloody democrats. Here we have a short 6 week official campaign and while last years election was pretty intense it seemed more based on porkbarreling then rhetoric like the US campaign seems to be.
    I mean look at Obama's Iowa caucus victory speech..

"This was the moment when we finally beat back the politics of fear, and doubt and cynicism; the politics where we tear each other down instead of lifting this country up. Years from now, you'll look back and you'll say that this was the moment - this was the place - where America remembered what it means to hope."

"Remembered what it means to hope"?
    What the hell does that mean?!

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
    edited January 2008
    Hearthjaw wrote: »

That actually means something to many of us, as unbelievable as that is. 8 years in the dark kinda blows.

geckahn on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    As exciting as I'm sure your election is I really just can't beleive how long the US campaigns are. I'm in another continent on the other side of the world and we till get daily updates on your bloody democrats. Here we have a short 6 week official campaign and while last years election was pretty intense it seemed more based on porkbarreling then rhetoric like the US campaign seems to be.
    I mean look at Obama's Iowa caucus victory speech..

"This was the moment when we finally beat back the politics of fear, and doubt and cynicism; the politics where we tear each other down instead of lifting this country up. Years from now, you'll look back and you'll say that this was the moment - this was the place - where America remembered what it means to hope."

Probably to not feel like the country is being driven down the shitter so fast it's leaving rubber on the porcelain, by a group of middle-aged white men who, although ostensibly elected by American citizens, don't seem to give two shits and a bag of peanuts for what any of those citizens want.

Or to not have the impression that the most important process in one's country has irrevocably degenerated into an elaborate game between a handful of people in said country whose qualifications consist more and more often of who has the most money and is most in tune with whatever piece of irrational ballyhoo that's currently occupying the lowest common denominator's figurative skull.

That's honestly just my take on it [/Obama supporter].

But since you're on another continent I'm not surprised it doesn't really strike any chords.

Rust on
    edited January 2008
    As exciting as I'm sure your election is I really just can't beleive how long the US campaigns are.

The perils of a system with scheduled elections I'm afraid.

As for "What is that supposed to mean?" I'm getting a little bit tired of the British press painting Obama as some kind of smooth talking lightweight just because they are peaved that their comfortable predictions of Clinton sailing easily to victory proved incorrect. This is essentially the view I think you have picked up from them.

Seriously British press - get your head out of your ass.

Shinto on
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm burned out on people claiming all the candidates are the same, claiming they aren't going to vote and then whine about it constantly (NOT directed at the OP).

Satan. on
  • HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm burned out on people claiming all the candidates are the same, claiming they aren't going to vote and then whine about it constantly (NOT directed at the OP).
    Hehe, makes me wonder what the US elections would be like if they had compulsory voting. It gets done so easily in Australia by making it so much easier to vote then not to.

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
    edited January 2008
    Hehe, makes me wonder what the US elections would be like if they had compulsory voting. It gets done so easily in Australia by making it so much easier to vote then not to.

Yeah, can you like text your vote in or something?*
    *I know it's not that, but I know it's really really easy. Cat? Where art thou?

Satan. on
    edited January 2008
    We could always make Election Day a federal holiday. One of the major excuses people give is they can't get off work.

That doesn't work, go compulsory. (But what would happen is non-voters unclear on the concept would just go "damned government is raising my taxes again! Someone oughta do something about it!")

Gosling on
  • HembotHembot Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    KungFu wrote: »
    What burns me out are the people claiming to be annoyed by this election cycle and saying that the candidates are all the same and fluff. Then they go on to admit that they haven't actually payed attention to debates or read the news.

But if you like being in your bubble, Hillary is all about being female, Obama about being black, and...well the Republicans are about their religion. You got one out of three.

I think slandering their opponents is fluff. In other words, it does me no good. There's plenty of journalists willing to dig out the dirt on the candidates that they shouldn't go slinging it about themselves. They could take this opportunity to explain more issues or delve deeper into theirs.

Second I think religion is a huge issue, especially for republicans. I agree with a lot of monetary policy and that weighs heavy in their favor from my vote. However, I hate a majority of Christian evangelists. So the less religion pandering a republican candidate is, the more I like him.

Hembot on
    edited January 2008
    Hembot wrote: »
    KungFu wrote: »

I think slandering their opponents is fluff. In other words, it does me no good. There's plenty of journalists willing to dig out the dirt on the candidates that they shouldn't go slinging it about themselves. They could take this opportunity to explain more issues or delve deeper into theirs.

I doubt that you have really delved all that deeply into their policy papers, and previous speeches on issues.

Wherefore then this demand that they talk more about it now, in the frenzy of the final weeks of the campaign? Because you can't muster the effort for a few internet searches and are instead peaved that what you want isn't instantly provided for you by simply flipping your television on to CNN?

Christ. Man up. Self government isn't for little sallys.

Shinto on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    We could always make Election Day a federal holiday. One of the major excuses people give is they can't get off work.

That doesn't work, go compulsory. (But what would happen is non-voters unclear on the concept would just go "damned government is raising my taxes again! Someone oughta do something about it!")

Vote by mail for the whole country.

Medopine on
  • DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The candidates started declaring their candidacy a year before they usually do, and several states started moving up their primaries. It's leading to what will amount to be two years of constant campaigns for the presidency.

At this rate, I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone declaring their candidacy for the 2012 election yet.

Dalboz on
    edited January 2008
    Dalboz wrote: »
    The candidates started declaring their candidacy a year before they usually do, and several states started moving up their primaries. It's leading to what will amount to be two years of constant campaigns for the presidency.

At this rate, I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone declaring their candidacy for the 2012 election yet.
    Two states moved their primaries, Michigan and Florida. They were promptly punished.

Satan. on
    edited January 2008

Two states moved their primaries, Michigan and Florida. They were promptly punished.

Which caused the early states to all move up. Everything started about 3 weeks early this year.

geckahn on
    edited January 2008
    geckahn wrote: »

Which caused the early states to all move up. Everything started about 3 weeks early this year.
    I don't see three weeks causing the massive burnout being described. *shrug*

Satan. on
    edited January 2008
    Neither do I. Just saying Michigan and Florida did significantly alter the calendar.

Although at this point I'm thinking thats a good thing.

geckahn on
  • Sword_of_LightSword_of_Light Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I cant see how anyone can say there isnt much of a difference between the candidates - in 2000, I thought things were pretty dull, 2004 would have been dull if Bushie hadnt completely screwed everything up (how foolish of me to believe back then that Bush had screwed up everything. No no, there was more to come!)

But this race - two of the Red candidates actually scare me - Huckabee, because he's essentially my grandfather. My grandfather the Southern Baptist minister - Huckabee reminds me of the Presidential character in The Dead Zone who thought it was God's will to start WWIII. And Romney, who left Mass. a burning wreckage littered with the failed hulks of a once proud public education system - he FUBARed one state, now he wants all 50? Eeep!

Giulliani I dislike because he forced me to vote Hillary in 2000 - I was in New York for that race, and decided that while I really didnt want to vote Clinton, I found Rudi to be a petty, vicious, provincial little bulldog of a man, and couldnt imagine electing him to the Senate. Then he dropped out and the guy the Reds got to replace him just proves that, yes, the Republicans do have a sense of humor.

McCain....I liked for a while, but then he toed the party line a bit too much (I thought so little / they rewarded me / by making me ruller of the Queen's navy) - and his support for the Iraq war, which was completely illigal, had no actual justification, and I was convinced would turn into an awful, brutal quagmire of a war. I wasnt quite five when Saigon fell to the North Vietnamese, and I knew Iraq would be the new Vietnam. If I knew, and knew in 2003, then a guy who was actually in Vietnam should have known. Like McCain. And Kerry.

Thompson. Meh. I didnt even really like the guy he plays on Law & Order.

Paul. Go back to Vermont ya nut! What? What do you mean "He's not from Vermont?" You're kidding! Good heavens, you mean they've let the Libretarians out! The FOOLS!

The Dems, well now, my Dad said back in 2004 that this Obama fellow (who? Never heard of the guy) was someone to watch. So, knowing my father's keen interest in politics, I checked him out.
    I like Obama. He voted against the war. Not before he voted for it, no. Just against. And I like his stance on the environment, and his stance against nukes. This guy is a Dem - a proper Dem.

Clinton. I just dont like her. She's a political machine - like her husband, but unlike Bill, she doesnt have the outer layer of flesh to hide her horrible Terminator endoskeleton. The benifit of this is the same benifit that Bill had - namely, we didnt hire Bill to be a quoir boy (good thing, too), we hired him to be as slippery as Milosevic and Sadam and etc., and we would get that from Hillary. But we would also get the cold political machinations that we've seen, well, from Senator Clinton - voting for the war because its politically expediant. Activating her tear ducts to simulate human emotion. Banning computer games as a way to show that she has values other than 1 and 0.

Edwards is a good second to Obama - he's a dem who says dem things - I liked the suggestion in 04 that he should be the President and Kerry the VP, and I think the suggestion that Obama be President and Edwards be VP would be great for this country. If I cant have that I'll take Edwards for president.

The others.
    Um. Who? There are others?

Sword_of_Light on
    "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. "
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    one of the things that's clear from this year's primaries is that we need a better primary system in place. i don't think having them all happen on one day is a good idea, because the campaigns in opening states give the candidates good chances to all equally introduce and present themselves to a national electorate that may not necessarily be familiar with them. having the primaries all happen on one day gives an unfair advantage to candidates who may have better name recognition and funding but have not necessarily proven why they are better candidates overall than others.

we do need to figure out some way of rotating the first five or six states that go through the primary process. the same few select states should not have such exclusive influence over the rest of the elections year after year.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562