As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moments of the Week 01/16/08 - In which Iron Fist once again wins hard

Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Graphic Violence
Moment of the week thread

for me it was all iron fist, as in the entire issue, but more specifically
the prince of orphans teaching davos how to respect those of the fairer sex and then joining up with danny. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Diablo Fett on

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I was just about to start a new MotW thread, and it was going to be all about the newest Iron Fist issue. The book has it all!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Screw Prince of Orphans.
    Fat Cobra demands more wenches and later hits on the bandaged up Tiger's Beautiful Daughter with the fake yawn into arm on shoulder technique which, for Fat Cobra, probalby has the name of "Wench Seduction Art - Palm of the Yawning Wench". I'm guessing by the end of the tourny, Fat Cobra will have bedded every single woman there.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    But (Fat Cobra Spoilers)
    Fat Cobra is rejected by Tiger's Beautiful Daughter - note that his hand has a hairpin sticking through it after he pulls the 'yawn then put your arm around her' move.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    yeah it didn't look like he was gonna be getting anywhere with her

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fat Cobra needs his own book. Basically, they should spin out a bunch of one shots and minis from Immortal Iron Fist, and I'll buy ten of each.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    damn it, as much as I hate the way it happened ASM was pretty good (only book I picked up today). Slott seems to have a pretty good handle on the way Spider-man should be and he actually seems "fun"

smokmnky on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Fat Cobra needs his own book. Basically, they should spin out a bunch of one shots and minis from Immortal Iron Fist, and I'll buy ten of each.

I agree. We must convince Bru and Frac of this immediately.

Quick! To the Crimson Mask-Copter!

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Booster Gold #6, all of it. Awesomesauce. Also, the end of Angel #3, didn't see that coming.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Incredible Herc #113 - Ares: "I AM SORRY, TEAMMATE WONDER MAN! I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF RETURNING FIRE!"

Darklyre on
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Countdown had some great moments this week. I am really glad the story is heating up.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Countdown had some great moments this week. I am really glad the story is heating up.

I loved Donna vs. Donna.

Bitch.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    But (Fat Cobra Spoilers)
    Fat Cobra is rejected by Tiger's Beautiful Daughter - note that his hand has a hairpin sticking through it after he pulls the 'yawn then put your arm around her' move.

Lies, you must have some illegal, faulty version that does not contain the Fat Cobra / Tiger sex scene.

Oh ya, may as well ask here, last page, whats with the Iron Fist Special? I couldn't find a solicit of it, but I will admit I did not look overly hard. Is it coming out next month?

KVW on
  • Options
    EpiphanyEpiphany Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    First post after long lurking, anyone else love the deadpool awesumness in the wolvering origins book? or the deadpool awesumness in cable/deadpool, I think origins edges out with the piano but only just.

Epiphany on
    3DS Code- 4700-0094-6364
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't entirely understand the point of relaunching Exiles. Claremont's still writing it, so it's still awful, and it didn't really even try to introduce any of the characters for new readers. Seems a bit silly.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't entirely understand the point of relaunching Exiles. Claremont's still writing it, so it's still awful, and it didn't really even try to introduce any of the characters for new readers. Seems a bit silly.

which one?
    theyve split the books now.
    theyve got a new team and the old one.

i also felt that the evil silver surfer arc had its moments

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I think the Iron Fist special is in leu of IIF #13 - so the special is coming in February, and #13 is in March.

Maybe.

I might be wrong.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Angel #3 was pretty decent, and I picked up hulk: the end: hardcover...which is great

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I want to love Iron Fist, because it's clearly really good, but I have no idea what the hell is going on. Is there an Iron Fist timeline somewhere? I just continually find myself confused why I should care what previous randalls have been up to. Or why Davos is appearing in flashbacks with Danny's father/grandfather/adoptive father(?).

When the book is just doing it's thing, it's great. When it goes into flashback mode I stop caring.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I find myself in the same boat at times, werehippy. But I think it'll end up being analogous to how STARMAN used to play it (and I'd say IIF is as close of a book to STARMAN as we've had since....STARMAN) - things from the early issues paid off later on in the series.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    I want to love Iron Fist, because it's clearly really good, but I have no idea what the hell is going on. Is there an Iron Fist timeline somewhere? I just continually find myself confused why I should care what previous randalls have been up to. Or why Davos is appearing in flashbacks with Danny's father/grandfather/adoptive father(?).

When the book is just doing it's thing, it's great. When it goes into flashback mode I stop caring.
    Get the beginning of the run, and it'll tell you everything you need to know.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well I do love Iron Fist and am not confused by it, but your next part I can kinda agree with:
    werehippy wrote: »

I kinda feel the same way. I also don't really like the flashback art as much. We sort of got the jist of the past story already, so the reveals in the flashbacks seem extraneous and boring (sort of the opposite of your confused problem). The book's pacing also seems very, verrry, slooooow. There's always too little of Iron Fist (partially because it's so good, but also because the pacing is very slow).

valiance on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    Robin: Dixon brings Ives back in his first issue? Thank you.

Booster Gold:
    Ted survived!

Checkmate: No particular moment, it's just all around awesome

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    delphinus wrote: »

which one?
    theyve split the books now.
    theyve got a new team and the old one.

i also felt that the evil silver surfer arc had its moments

Haha, really? I thought Exiles was just being cancelled and relaunched as New Exiles. Is the old Exiles book still going as well? Who's writing it?

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Booster Gold:
    Ted!

Also, was that Rip picking up Daniel Carter? He looks evil. This is going to be bad, I just know it.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Enjoyment of Immortal Iron Fist increases a hundred-fold if you go buy Essential Iron Fist and read it all.

Also, the Mini Marvels page in Incredible Herc was for the win. It was a spoof of those old "nerd gets punked on the beach then sends in for a muscle building manual, comes back all ripped and beats the bullies up" ads from comics in the Silver Age, but instead the nerd sends off for an Iron Man suit. Chris Giarrusso is awesome. :^:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    But (Fat Cobra Spoilers)

I had to go back and confirm. This book is so awesome, and I say that after every issue.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Seeing how Mystique took out Sinister was awesome

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Morrison Doom Patrol vol 6 is released.

I now have my favorite comicbook run ever in TPB form.

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Enjoyment of Immortal Iron Fist increases a hundred-fold if you go buy Essential Iron Fist and read it all.

Also, the Mini Marvels page in Incredible Herc was for the win. It was a spoof of those old "nerd gets punked on the beach then sends in for a muscle building manual, comes back all ripped and beats the bullies up" ads from comics in the Silver Age, but instead the nerd sends off for an Iron Man suit. Chris Giarrusso is awesome. :^:

IMAGE SPOILERS
    heroofthebeachyr1.jpg

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    IMAGE SPOILERS - Fat Cobra gets his mack on, and learns a valuable lesson about love:
    if12dcp0016sn2.jpg

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    HOLY SHIT

Cable Deadpool this week.

So goddamn awesome.

also: Immortal Iron Fist, Booster Gold, Fell, and Incredible Herc

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT

So goddamn awesome.

Don't fucking tease. Scans or it didn't happen. Or at least tell me.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT

So goddamn awesome.

Don't fucking tease. Scans or it didn't happen. Or at least tell me.

Cable Deadpool:
    They accidentally transport all the dinosaurs in the Savage Land into New York city, where they promptly bust open the containers of symbiote stuff and turn into Venom-Tyrannosauruses.

Immortal Iron Fist
    Motherfucking badass shit on every page.

Fell
    He is the best hostage negotiator.

Incredible Herc
    Fucking Ares.

"No I'm not."
    "No he's not."

"I'M SORRY FELLOW AVENGER WONDER MAN I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF RETURNING FIRE."

and then Herc punts ares out of the state.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    IMAGE SPOILERS - Fat Cobra gets his mack on, and learns a valuable lesson about love:
    if12dcp0016sn2.jpg

1. Dammit. I forgot Iron Fist came out today. Must pick up ASAP.

2. As soon as I feel better, I'm making Immortal Warriors sigs so I can proudly say I AM WITH FAT COBRA.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The entirety of Umbrella Academy #5.
    -Monocle crazy Number Five

-"is it or is it?" Superhero on superhero incest action

-Dr. Pongo's shockingly splattered brains
    I don't think I've read a book in the last six months that has taken a stranger turn.

Hot damn this book is good.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I love how Messiah Complex is ending with all of the players in the same place - thanks to Pixie.

Fuck I love this arc.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    if12dcp0016sn2.jpg

2. As soon as I feel better, I'm making Immortal Warriors sigs so I can proudly say I AM WITH FAT COBRA.

Dude, make me one. Steel Phoenix ftw. That beatdown he put on Davos was fucking brutal.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    if12dcp0016sn2.jpg

Dude, make me one. Steel Phoenix ftw. That beatdown he put on Davos was fucking brutal.

do you mean prince of orphans?

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Atomic Robo was awesome again this month.
    He has a flashback to when he went on a mission to Mars for Nasa. He requested a bunch of books to keep himself from going insane on the year long trip and the Nasa guys only packed 5 books. Apparently Stephen Hawking (yes the real one) told Nasa he did a pysch evaluation on Robo and told them he could just go in hibernation mode, which Robo does not have. So, after a year long trip of nearly going insane, he lands on Mars and devotes the entire time for the mission to collecting rocks and spelling out "STEPHEN HAWKING IS A BASTARD" in huge letters viewable from space.

Also, seeing 'Mr Edison" trying to assassinate Dr Tesla's Atomic Robot in the backup tale was pretty fucking funny.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Atomic Robo was awesome again this month.
    he lands on Mars and devotes the entire time for the mission to collecting rocks and spelling out "STEPHEN HAWKING IS A BASTARD" in huge letters viewable from space.

Ahahahaahah

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS