As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Raid Traditions

13»

• Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    oh, another tradition is that if someone goes AFk, a hunter usually misdirects something on him :(

ive been the victim of that one before outside gruul's lair while getting a drink waiting on standby

Gnomeland Security on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ah ZG.

Pre-Hakkar Nerf, rogues were pretty much useless but we always had one or two in the raid and we used them as MC bait. Now you're thinking to yourself...what an awful thing that would be if the rogue goes and rapes a priest, surely we're setting them up to die. Nope. We made the rogues dual wield fish. So the only thing he could do was kick.

But then we figured out that if the rogue was snowmaned.....well he couldn't do shit. And that boys and girls is why the damn snow outfit doesn't work in raid instances any more. Sorry about that.

Thomamelas on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    And that boys and girls is why the damn snow outfit doesn't work in raid instances any more. Sorry about that.

:x

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    oh, another tradition is that if someone goes AFk, a hunter usually misdirects something on him :(

ive been the victim of that one before outside gruul's lair while getting a drink waiting on standby

Last week in Gruul's I thought our MT was going to murder the lot of us because we kept fucking around and getting ourselves killed while trying to kill this one hunter who always yells at people for trying to steal his safe rock during ground slam. "IF WE WIPE I'M NOT TANKING THIS AGAIN." I think he died at like Grow 14 when we usually get like Grow 11 tops with alts in the raid. Oops.

riz on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    And that boys and girls is why the damn snow outfit doesn't work in raid instances any more. Sorry about that.

:x

Thomamelas on
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    We had a guild member, actually several, that completely mastered skipping dire maul trash. Back in the day there were a few really good things to farm there.

Yeah, when trying to farm the MT talisman, we got to the guy with, I think, only one or two trash pulls, to clear out a corner to fight in. God help you if one of the invisible ghosts snuck up on you, though, they would inevitibly aggro at least one or two other groups.

dojango on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    Tauren hunter in our case. :roll: "Oops, I hit my Arcane Shot hotkey while trying to type in raid chat...."

Oh, I think I can beat that with the warlock with drain life on his push to talk button.

"So on Maiden who do HOLY SHIT"

Funny enough, I have a combo of the above stories... We have a bunch of new folks in the raid and wipe on Vael, no big deal. Run back, buff up, etc. Our raid leader is explaining to a new Warrior how to redo the pull.... ::Gunshot::

Queue rampaging dragon.

Yep, "Shoot" was keybound to his vent hotkey.

Our traditions include:
    ~DI'ing a key raid member immediately after a boss dies. Usually the Main Tank or the Master Looter.
    ~Synchronized Mind Visioning of our Healing officer when he's setting up healing assignments. Or at just random times. Drives him crazy for some reason.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So no one else had all the druids line up in cat form for synchronized dancing?

Khavall on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Our bears dance for us when tanking Mother / phase1 mage of kael (whose name i cannot recall).

The bear /dance is really an affront to taste.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We always teabagged dead people too.

captaink on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh the "synchronized mind vision" post reminds me of another MC thing.

Priests were derided if the hunter pet that was sent off to pull Geddon did not have a number of Mind Vision debuffs on it equal to the number of priests in the raid.

riz on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Our bears dance for us when tanking Mother / phase1 mage of kael (whose name i cannot recall).

The bear /dance is really an affront to taste.

An affront it may be but by god it is the best dance in the game

... actually, I lie, the orc male dance is the best in the game

BUT BY GOD BEAR DANCE IS #2

Ledneh on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wrong. Gnome male dancing behind Gnome female is the best dance.

captaink on
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    The non existent stupidity? It's never been remotely proven in any way that seeding is true right?

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=299014664&postId=2986200340&sid=1

Post 29.

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-general/1806053.htm

From the old forums going into detail about the RNG used.

From a programing perspective it doesn't make much if any sense to use players as a seed for the RNG. There just aren't enough variables and most off the self algorithms have a method for creating the seed. So it would require extra work to get poorer results. But people need a reason to blame for their poor understanding of what the word random means.

Come on! Everyone knows that the loot you get is directly dependent on how many characters jump through the instance portal, rather than just walk/run through.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

A mage recruit who joined us two weeks ago and is still a trial and has had about 1% attendance so far went AFK to talk to an architect immediately before the last attempt on Tidewalker.

We misdirected Tidewalker onto him about eight times, taking him from ~75% durability to full red.

He threw a hissy fit when he got back, but the raid-leader/guild-leader (same person) shouted him down in his drunken manner, told him it would be in his best interests to a) not complain and b) not do that again.

TRADITIONS!

On any Karazhan run, every member of the raid must be "totally smashed" for the entirety of the Maiden fight. We call it Drunk Sex Bonanza.

If a single person fades from "totally smashed" for more than 10 seconds outside of a Repentance, it means we will have terrible loot for the rest of the night.

Dhalphir on
  • poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh the mv is great, back in bwl when we'd have a ton of preists we'd all pick one person to mv them and it'd never fail to piss people off. Oh and we'd all pop IF as we grouped up for suppression room and yet again pissed everyone off.

Oh and if something is colored green: You have to enchant it, right away.

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • PaperPlatePaperPlate Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Speaking of inner focus...
    IFlol.jpg

It was my tradition after a raid to stand in Ironforge with IF on. This day I alt tabbed and came back to this. Was quite hilarious.

Picture is from Dark Iron so you can see some PA:A there, though I wasn't a member.

PaperPlate on
    Minecraft: PAPRPL8
    League of Legends (your friendly neighborhood support): PAPRPL8
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    everyone who has ever been into kara come to the chat thread and help me brainstorm ideas of crazy shit to do

Dhalphir on
  • goodtimesgoodtimes Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    PaperPlate wrote: »
    Speaking of inner focus...
    IFlol.jpg

It was my tradition after a raid to stand in Ironforge with IF on. This day I alt tabbed and came back to this. Was quite hilarious.

Picture is from Dark Iron so you can see some PA:A there, though I wasn't a member.

The rogue getting in on the fun with cold blood and the warlock summoning to make a glow too made me laugh

goodtimes on
    new sig underconstruction
  • MalyonsusMalyonsus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is probably standard, but when my old guild did MC, we'd always hug the last Garr add and then iceblock or bum a DI off a pally when we were tossed in the air (the goal being to block or get a DI at the apex of the throw.) Highest person wins. And if you died on landing, all the better.

Malyonsus on
    edited January 2008
    After each raid we also play Catch the Tauren. We take our offtank warrior to Feralas, where we strip him naked and put him on top of one of the Colossus.

We put all the paladins down the bottom. The tauren's aim is to splatter himself. The paladins' job is to Blessing of Protection the tauren before he hits the ground.

Based on experience, they have roughly 1-2 from between when he gets in range of the cast and when he splatters, to react, target him, cast BoP, and account for the lag in casting, and save him.

Dhalphir on
  • BippBipp Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Back when my first raiding guild was learning MC there was a rogue named Nefix. Nefix was not a good rogue. The only stat he really focused on was +crit. He also didn't really know about feint. During MC trash Nefix would die on every other pull, week in and week out. One week one of the officers decided to assign a specific healer to Nefix. It didn't work, and it was soon decided that it was more mana efficient to just let him die and then rez him. After a while every rezzer in the guild has a rez macro that made fun of him in some way.

"Hey look everyone %t is doing a Nefix impersonation. Very funny, but its time to get up."
    "Rezzing Nefix. Oh wait! It's %t. Thats odd..."
    "We all know Nefix can't figure out how to install KTM, but I thought better of you %t."
    "%t is now 32 away from Nefix's single night death record."
    "Don't feel too bad about the repair bill %t. Nefix can show you the good farming spots later."

In the couple months before that guild split guild chat, raid chat and vent durning raids got increasingly whiny and emo. Loot drama, dkp drama, people not helping people who were getting ganked, etc. One person singlehandedly put a stop to it. Whenever anyone started to complain he would play the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMZp7xxQFAA, about 49 seconds in. Took about a week and a half, but everyone stopped.

Bipp on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bipp that is the greatest thing I have ever heard

Ever

Salvation122 on
    edited January 2008
    Bipp wrote:
    "Rezzing Nefix. Oh wait! It's %t. Thats odd..."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dhalphir on