As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC Solicitations for April 2008

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm just saying it'd be nice if they didnt make it a yearly thing.

I loved 52 but Countdown was awful.

At the very least make it a standalone thing but I'd rather they just take a year off.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Lux wrote: »
    I think the Spanish-language Blue Beetle issue is a good idea. It's not beating us over the head with his ethnicity, for me, because that just seems realistic to have mostly Spanish in an issue that takes place during a family reunion. The thing is, this should be something that they should promote to widen the audience of not just BB, but comics in general.

My problem with it is that John Rogers isn't writing it. If he and Nitz co-wrote it, I'd be perfectly happy with it.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Newsarama: As always, check out the full DC solicitations on TUESDAY, January 22 (due to the holiday) at 5pm EST right here at this URL...

doh :(

Rans on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    yeah what's up with that

"oh there's a holiday so we can't post things on the internet"

of course I'm working tomorrow at that time so I won't be able to see them right away.

Garlic Bread on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I'm just saying it'd be nice if they didnt make it a yearly thing.

I loved 52 but Countdown was awful.

At the very least make it a standalone thing but I'd rather they just take a year off.

the next week shouldn't start till after Final Crisis.

Algertman on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    chckcv25solicituy9.jpg

Checkmate #25 - "Oh fuck, they're unleashing the Rooks!"

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    They can move both vertically and horizontally!

Lux on
    edited January 2008
    They can move both vertically and horizontally!

Those bitches

Algertman on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, it's good to see that none of my favorite books are being canceled in April except for JSA Classified, which wasn't much of a surprise since JLA Classified is canceled as of March.

Man I love All New Atom
    atmcv22solicitdj7.jpg

I wish Ladronn could draw an issue or two sometime down the line.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    Catwoman #78:
    catwoman.jpg

:shock:

DMAC on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    oh hell yes, that Spirit cover is by Bruce Timm.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, that's a great cover. I wish they could talk him into doing an issue or two.

DMAC on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm pretty worried about this Batman solicitation, personally:

9129_400x600.jpg
    Written by Grant Morrison; Art and variant cover by Tony Daniel and Sandu Florea; Cover by Alex Ross

Are you ready for "Batman R.I.P."?

Beginning the epic story that will change the legend of the Dark Knight forever! Everything in Grant Morrison's groundbreaking run on Batman has been leading to this story, and nothing will ever be the same again.

Who will live? Who will die? Who will be Batman? The answers are sure to shock you in "Batman R.I.P.," featuring artwork by Tony Daniel and Sandu Florea and covers by Alex Ross.

Batman | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale April 23, 2008

D:

Cool cover, though.

(I hope this wasn't posted already; I looked through the thread and didn't see it)

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited January 2008
    Knightfall II

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Spoiler becomes Batman. Then dies two issues later, with Dan Didio adamantly denying that she was ever a real Batman.

A week later the GirlWonder.org militia marches on DC headquarters and stage a coup.

Munch on
    edited January 2008
    She couldn't be a real Batman anyways.

Nice try though.

Bad Karma on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't know about that. Did you see what happened to Loki in a recent issue of Thor?

Desktop Hippie on
    edited January 2008
    I don't know about that. Did you see what happened to Loki in a recent issue of Thor?

Stephan Brown?

Mmm...good luck with alll that.

Bad Karma on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Stephan Brown?

Hey, I'm just saying! "Couldn't happen" and "comics" are unmixy things. Wierder things have been written.

Desktop Hippie on
    edited January 2008
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Stephan Brown?

Wierder things have been written.

Especially by Morrisson

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »

http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/9129_400x600.jpg
    Written by Grant Morrison; Art and variant cover by Tony Daniel and Sandu Florea; Cover by Alex Ross

Beginning the epic story that will change the legend of the Dark Knight forever! Everything in Grant Morrison's groundbreaking run on Batman has been leading to this story, and nothing will ever be the same again.

Who will live? Who will die? Who will be Batman? The answers are sure to shock you in "Batman R.I.P.," featuring artwork by Tony Daniel and Sandu Florea and covers by Alex Ross.

On Sale April 23, 2008

D:

Cool cover, though.

(I hope this wasn't posted already; I looked through the thread and didn't see it)

I still like my idea of killing off the "big" heroes (not all at once), having their protégés take up the various mantles, and then making everyone start aging in (semi) real time. Also get rid of resurrections.

It would make comics less confusing ("How is Batman still 30 after 70 years but Dick Grayson is like 28 now?") and actually give stories an edge. Right now we know that Superman won't really die in a story, so any "impending doom" is just superficial.

some of you probably hate this idea but what do you know

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2008
    Knightfall II

somebody doesn't know what they are talking about

Algertman on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is Alex Ross doing covers for both Batman & Superman titles now? Cause that would be awesome.

Lux on
    edited January 2008
    Is Alex Ross doing covers for both Batman & Superman titles now? Cause that would be awesome.

I know he's the regular for Superman. I think Batman is just for this arc. Either way, I'll see your awesome and raise you an outstanding.

Bad Karma on
    edited January 2008
    Keith wrote: »

http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/9129_400x600.jpg

On Sale April 23, 2008
    D:

Cool cover, though.

I still like my idea of killing off the "big" heroes (not all at once), having their protégés take up the various mantles, and then making everyone start aging in (semi) real time. Also get rid of resurrections.

It would make comics less confusing ("How is Batman still 30 after 70 years but Dick Grayson is like 28 now?") and actually give stories an edge. Right now we know that Superman won't really die in a story, so any "impending doom" is just superficial.

I would be okay with that as long as there was an ongoing, well-written series with the original heroes (like the "Classified" stuff but more legit, preferably). Though, I would be really sad if Bruce was to die. :(

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Keith wrote: »

I would be okay with that as long as there was an ongoing, well-written series with the original heroes (like the "Classified" stuff but more legit, preferably). Though, I would be really sad if Bruce was to die. :(

Nobody says he has to die; think of how awesome Batman Beyond was, and you still got to keep Bruce!

Pb on
    edited January 2008
    Pb did you read your presents

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I read Captain America and it was awesome and I am reading Bone and it is quite boss. I don't think people say "boss" anymore but it makes me think of Tony Danza and that's never a bad thing. Once I get through something someone else got me (Transformers: Premier Collection) I'll finish up Bone and start on F4. Thank you again for the books!

Pb on
    edited January 2008
    Bale send me Captain America and Bone

for uh

valentine's day

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2008
    I should pull out all my Cap issues and read through them again. I havent since the run started. I'm glad you liked it Pb.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Keith Wrote:
    D:

Cool cover, though.

(I hope this wasn't posted already; I looked through the thread and didn't see it)[/QUOTE]

some of you probably hate this idea but what do you know[/QUOTE]

Dear Sir,

I enjoyed your post very much and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

P.S.: Please attain the title of "Guy who runs Marvel&DC" with all due haste.

From,
    C.M. Paws the III

Caveman Paws on
    edited January 2008
    I think it would really be neat if they could turn Bruce Wayne into, I don't know, a cyborg or something, and he can give Tim Drake or Damian all of this wacky existential advice while still being able to kick an ample amount of butt, because he has the cybernetic ghost chips of ninjas from the League of Shadows. It's silly but like also totally the type of funky thing nerds like us would shit our pants over okay

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited January 2008
    That wouldn't work with Marvel because they don't have sidekick/legacy characters like all the major DC heroes are.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That wouldn't work with Marvel because they don't have sidekick/legacy characters like all the major DC heroes are.
    They've already done it for Cap.

Fencingsax on
    edited January 2008
    Cap is one of the few Marvel characters who it would work for, and they had to resurrect Bucky after 40 years of being dead to do it.

and Steve Rogers will be back within the next 2 years anyway

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    and Marvel actually tried to do it with Spider-Man. The original intention of the clone saga was to push Peter and MJ aside and make the (unmarried!) Ben Reilly the new Spider-Man. But Marvel got cold feet at the last second due to fan backlash.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I like the idea of Bruce becoming the Alfred for the Robin's. Age him gracefully and have him retire due to injuries, raising his son, whatever.

It'll never happen but I wouldn't be that upset if it did.\

Caveman Paws on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    For the X-Men, the New Mutants have also basically grown up now, and the 3rd generation, so to speak, is coming into their own. Mind you, the generations aren't really that well defined. Maybe 5 to 7 years separates the original X-Men from the New Mutants, and the New Mutants from Generation X/New X-Men/Young X-Men.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited January 2008
    Keith wrote:
    Zeromus wrote:
    D:

Cool cover, though.

Dear Sir,

I enjoyed your post very much and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

P.S.: Please attain the title of "Guy who runs Marvel&DC" with all due haste.

From,
    C.M. Paws the III

yes let me run marvel

Garlic Bread on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Keith's idea would be great for an Ultimate DC style spin-off universe. And then it could turn out so great that it would slowly marginalize the regular DC universe causing editorial to come up with bigger and crazier ideas to compete with their own product until it all collapses under the ridiculousness of it all.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG