As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Opinios needed! Does Pirates of the B.S. have scurvy?

GahazakulGahazakul regular
edited January 2008 in Games and Technology
Sorry for the "Tell me what ya think" thread, but it seems the game's pop is kinda low and none of the big review sites have released any info and its an MMO so they will not have one for another week.

Its by SOE, so it worries me a bit. Their track record does not fill me with confidence, but by god I want a pirate MmO thats good!

Oh well, this will probably get locked, but maybe a few folks can sneak and and give me their feelings on this.

Gahazakul on

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    There'd be no need for lockage had you asked in the right place.

Where you'll find a hefty thread already exists.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • GahazakulGahazakul regular
    edited January 2008
    Ah. Thank you. sometimes my mind wanders!

Gahazakul on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It's not by SOE. They're just publishing it. I can't even remember if I'm still under and NDA or anything but all I'll say is that IMHO, for an MMO, it's good. EvE + pirates basically.

TychoCelchuuu on
    edited January 2008
    NDA? She launched today, any NDA would be gone!

Gahazakul on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Gahazakul wrote: »

SOE has probably learned from its past mistake of allowing their games' NDAs to be lifted after launch.

jothki on
    edited January 2008
    jothki wrote: »
    Gahazakul wrote: »

SOE has probably learned from its past mistake of allowing their games' NDAs to be lifted after launch.

I lost coffee all over my keyboard after that. Thats the funniest thing that I have seen in days!

Its called my sig, welcome to it.

Gahazakul on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Okay, well, if I was going to say anything above and beyond "pretty fun" I'd add that the graphics are beautiful 50% of the time and old looking 50% of the time, if you care about that stuff. The music is nice. The ship combat is pretty awesome, the boarding combat is average, making your own flags and flying them ingame is WICKED, and pirates themselves are cool.

TychoCelchuuu on