As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Upgrading Video Card

DarmakDarmak RAGEvympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
I recently built a new computer in the past year or so and it's still extremely good. Core2Duo E6600, 4 gigs of RAM, and a Radeon X1950 Pro. However, I've been thinking of upgrading my video card and I'm not sure what to upgrade to or if I even should at all right now. I know there's always going to be something new coming out but still. I know it's stupid but I'd like to stick with ATI as I've had nothing but problems with Nvidia cards and their software. Is the Radeon HD 3870 a good deal? Or should I consider something else? I may not get anything at all since I'm just considering some options, but I do appreciate any and all feedback from you guys.

JtgVX0H.png
Darmak on

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The 38x0 series finally turned around AMD's price/power ratio, and is certainly worth a look. However, I'm not convinced that it'd be that much of an upgrade over the 1950. Even though you don't want Nvidia, they really are the best option this generation, and it's going to stay that way until the new architectures are developed.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png