Options

Study: False statements preceded war

124»

• Options
    ryuprechtryuprecht Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    And all those who supported the war doing this "we were all duped, it's not our fault, let's not talk about it" act are pretty pathetic. More than enough of us could tell Bush was lying constantly, even people normally inclined to believe or support that kind of nonsense, so there really isn't an excuse.

Here's your internet cookie.

spider_cookie.jpg

You are so wonderful.

Wait. Does that cookie have spiders in it? Fuck you.

ryuprecht on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ryuprecht wrote: »
    Azio wrote: »
    Apostate wrote: »
    Yes, yes. BUSHHITLERCHENRYLIESLIESHALIBURTONHALIBURTON!!!!

I've heard it all before. Like many in the frothing mouth camp your memory is selective and you remember only what you want to.

Iraq was picked because Saddam was a continuing problem and his ouster would be an example for those authoritarian regimes, who repeatedly ignored international agreements and fostered instability in the region, that their behavior was not going to be tolerated anymore. The idea was by producing a democracy it would be an example for the rest of the Middle East to follow. A sort of "look how great everything is over here, don't you want some too." The ultimate rational being democracies do not make a habit of attacking each other. This would help ease the tensions in the region and promote peace and prosperity.

Now, whether you believe any of that can be accomplished is up to you. However, the notion that this war was cooked up just to get oil or win an election belongs right along side people who think the Earth is flat and the world is actually controlled by the 4 Jew bankers. If Bsuh wanted oil all they had to do was accept bribes from Saddam to look the other way (like certain other countries I won't name for reasons of tact). If Bush wanted re-election why risk an uncertain war? He was sky high in the polls after Afghanistan and only lost ground when Iraq went badly. It's quite clear they went to war on principles and their own foreign policy analysis, right or wrong.

Just because someone may be wrong about something doesn't immediatley make them liars.
    ^Bullshit, revisionism and right-wing dishonesty at its finest.

Anyone else remember back in 2003 when the Right's reason for wanting to invade Iraq changed daily, before our eyes? Apparently they still haven't decided.

Or do you remember when there was more than one reason for doing so and at times different reasons for the war were openly debated?
    Do you remember when Colin Powell appeared before the UN Security Council and showed them satellite photos of what he claimed were mobile chemical weapons factories, which were actually trucks? Remember how he said one photo was taken a few days after the other, and then someone found that the originals had date stamps (blurred out on the versions that Cheney presented to the UNSC) that showed this assertion to be utterly false?

Ah, good times.

Azio on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Tach wrote: »
    An uncertain war?

It wasn't uncertain. The hawk-ish attitude was that we would hit it and quit it. The Iraqis would greet us with flowers and rainbows and "oh-thanks-very-much-for-teh-freedoms". When that went to shit, THAT'S when it became "uncertain".

The citizens of the US, and the rest of the "coalition of the willing" were duped and misled into a battle that has decimated our standing in the world, cost us TRILLIONS of dollars, and destroyed the lives of good people both in Iraq and the US.

There were falsehoods, mis-statements, underestimations, mis-directions, flubs, exaggerations, and YES, outright LIES told by this adminstration specifically to build a case for invasion. If you don't understand that, then you're delusional, or an apologist.

All the best.

Please find me an article, published during the run-up, where the administration said we would be greeted with rainbows and flowers. Or even that the operation would be short and easy.

Your ignorance and apologia are sickening and pathetic.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w67Bk9xAAT8

Rummy: "It could last, you know, 6 days, 6 weeks, I doubt 6 months"

Also where was the plan for the post- Saddam Iraq? Didn't they realize that they couldn't just click their heels together and have a leader that would ensure everyone got along? Or how fucked up an insurgency might be? Oh wait Cheney talked about that back in the 90s: (posted for the second time because it didn't seem to stick the first way through)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I

Wow it's almost as if....HE FUCKING KNEW.Then went ahead with it anyway without so much as peep.

At best they're incompetent and should be impeached to see what the fuck they thought they were doing. At worst they wilfully lied to American people, should be impeached, and then tried for fucking treason. That's not some craven ramblings, that's common fucking sense. If we can impeach Bill Clinton for lying about getting his dicked sucked, I'd LOVE to hear your explanation as for why these morons shouldn't get the same treatment for tanking trillions of dollars, getting thousands of their countrymen killed and destroying another country in the process- all the while using our nation's greatest tragedy as a political platform and wedge to get their agenda through. Ugh. You sicken me.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Yes, yes. BUSHHITLERCHENRYLIESLIESHALIBURTONHALIBURTON!!!!

I've heard it all before. Like many in the frothing mouth camp your memory is selective and you remember only what you want to.

Iraq was picked because Saddam was a continuing problem and his ouster would be an example for those authoritarian regimes, who repeatedly ignored international agreements and fostered instability in the region, that their behavior was not going to be tolerated anymore. The idea was by producing a democracy it would be an example for the rest of the Middle East to follow. A sort of "look how great everything is over here, don't you want some too." The ultimate rational being democracies do not make a habit of attacking each other. This would help ease the tensions in the region and promote peace and prosperity.

Now, whether you believe any of that can be accomplished is up to you. However, the notion that this war was cooked up just to get oil or win an election belongs right along side people who think the Earth is flat and the world is actually controlled by the 4 Jew bankers. If Bsuh wanted oil all they had to do was accept bribes from Saddam to look the other way (like certain other countries I won't name for reasons of tact). If Bush wanted re-election why risk an uncertain war? He was sky high in the polls after Afghanistan and only lost ground when Iraq went badly. It's quite clear they went to war on principles and their own foreign policy analysis, right or wrong.

Just because someone may be wrong about something doesn't immediatley make them liars.
    ^Bullshit, revisionism and right-wing dishonesty at its finest.

Anyone else remember back in 2003 when the Right's reason for wanting to invade Iraq changed daily, before our eyes? Apparently they still haven't decided.

Or do you remember when there was more than one reason for doing so and at times different reasons for the war were openly debated?
    Do you remember when Colin Powell appeared before the UN Security Council and showed them satellite photos of what he claimed were mobile chemical weapons factories, which were actually trucks? Remember how he said one photo was taken a few days after the other, when the giant date stamp on each photo clearly showed this to be a complete fabrication?

Ah, good times.

Remember when the intelligence agency reports saying that such a thing would be impossible were aired for public debate?

Oops.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Iran has also called (numerous times) for the total destruction of Israel and for the death of every Jew in the Middle East.

Really? Then wow, Iran must really, really, really suck at that whole "killing Jews" thing, since Iran is home to the largest community of Jewish folks in the Middle East outside of Israel. There's even a lone Jewish member of Iran's Parliament.

Not that the Islamic government of Iran isn't repressive towards Persian Jews, or doesn't revel in heaving belligerent rhetoric at Israel, but let's dial down the Mahmoud Newarabhitlerejad rhetoric.

And what part of what I said isn't true? That's like saying if your neighbor loudly talks about killing all the black people in your city you should dial down the rhetoric because he's nice to his black neighbor.

When, exactly, did the current leadership of Iran threaten to kill every Jew in the Middle East?

And if they have threatened to do so, why haven't they, oh I don't know, started by killing the large number of Persian Jews who live in Iran?

Why is Iran the #1 Enemy O' The Jews in the Middle East when they actually have a larger population of Jews than other Arab nations, such as the ones who've repeatedly tried to invade Israel?

Lawndart on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Also where was the plan for the post- Saddam Iraq? Didn't they realize that they couldn't just click their heels together and have a leader that would ensure everyone got along? Or how fucked up an insurgency might be? Oh wait Cheney talked about that back in the 90s: (posted for the second time because it didn't seem to stick the first way through)

Wow it's almost as if....HE FUCKING KNEW.Then went ahead with it anyway without so much as peep.

Jesus fucking Christ. It's like .... it's like he just described the Iraq War and why it's stupid in under 2 minutes.

What in the fuck were they thinking when they went ahead with it?

shryke on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    shryke wrote: »

Jesus fucking Christ. It's like .... it's like he just described the Iraq War and why it's stupid in under 2 minutes.

Yeah man. Just like those crafty Egyptians who built a time travel machine and zipped into the future to steal Sam Adam's recipe for beer, Dick Cheney went back in time to describe why the Iraq Occupation was a shit-all bad idea JUST TO SPITE US.

Good thing our ever diligent mainstream "liberal" media picked up this easy to find interview from the C-Span archives! Then broadcast it to the American public so we could know in advance what a shitty situation we were...oh that's right all we heard was "911 911 911 THEY HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOM! YOU WANT THE TUR'RISTS TO WIN! FREEDOM FRIES! USA USA!"

Christ it's just so sickening. People STILL buy this shit about Al Qaida in Iraq and the WMD, it's so fucking retarded.

EDIT: As for what they were thinking, well look at how much the price of oil per barrel was raised, and yet the oil companies have still managed to post record profits. It's almost as if...it's a huge fucking scam. Then there's how much cash Halliburton and the other no-bid contractors have raked in over the last 7 years. It's possible the money had nothing to do with it, but my razor is telling me otherwise.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    shryke wrote: »

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times:

The no-bid contracts, the disappearing weapons, that police academy with the shitty plumbing, the Iraq war is nothing more than international embezzlement.

In short, what No-Quarter said.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zython wrote: »
    If I've said it once, I've said it a million times:

The no-bid contracts, the disappearing weapons, that police academy with the shitty plumbing, the Iraq war is nothing more than international embezzlement.

Azio on