As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

digital coloring

2»

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    If some one like to color something not clean or ink as well as color:
    irukalettersline.jpg
    freelines.jpg

Iruka on
  • Creambun 007Creambun 007 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Try the multiply thing multi. Then you can say whatever you like and people should stop jumping all over you. Honestly though, DC guy should know that setting the layer to multiply is way easier.

Creambun 007 on
    Diggity.
  • emilyemily Registered User new member
    edited January 2008
    From my experience (and I'm not very good at anything):
    Magic wanding the lines requires your wand tolerance to be pretty much nothing and your lines to be black and white. Otherwise, you'll wand in grey areas which will appear grey on top of the layers below it. This is fine for comic-style harsh lines which will later be resized.
    Multiplying is great and is what I did before I gave up trying to create lines with my horribly shaky hands without the assistance of ctl-Z.
    Now I just sketch lines with a tablet entirely electronically and the scanned sketch get's removed from the image completely.

To be honest, though, even though I meticulously paint every pixel of linework, your multiplied scanned lines look much cleaner than mine ever do.

(example: http://www.emimonster.com/fanart/kval.jpg )

emily on
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Try the multiply thing multi. Then you can say whatever you like and people should stop jumping all over you. Honestly though, DC guy should know that setting the layer to multiply is way easier.

That is a capital idea, and I will do this. Also, the DC Comics thing I took it from was from I think 2002? More of Photoshop has been unearthed since then.

multimoog on