As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

JCreator Being A Bitch

TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm taking a highschool programming course, and we're currently working with Java.
We're using JCreator, and to make my life a lot easier (aka not having to do an insane amount of work in class), I downloaded JCreator at home to work on stuff there.
It recognized the JDK home directory fine, but I can't make it recognize the JDK JavaDoc directory. I have the right files, and it's all saved under the exact filepath that it says it has to be. It just refuses to recognize it.

Help?

TubularLuggage on

• Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The JavaDocs is under docs in the jdk folder, right?
    I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work if it recognizes the JDK home directory, because the doc directory should be in the...same directory.

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I can't speak to this problem exactly, but for a highschool course it may be easier to just use Notepad++ and a complier like GCC. You're most likely not going to be crafting particularly gigantic programs, so the whole overhead of JCreator and such programs sort of goes to waste.

Of course, GCC has a terribly unfriendly install process, but it worked well for me. Notepad++ is just a lovely program that everyone should have though.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.