As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD THREAD.

1585960616264»

• Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So today I accidentally force gripped a TIE Bomber and set it down gently on top of that elevator where a bunch of stormtroopers 'spawn'. Didn't blow up like the TIE fighters. That hangar is really probably the highlight of the demo for me. Point being, I didn't know the bombers were grabbable and not super explodey like the fighters.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, "the last guy" always gets such a sadistic treatment. Hmm, let see, force grip...throw him around a little... lets see if I can get him to hold on to something...shoot lightening...throw saber...hmm he just fired another shot, must not be dead...shoot lightening....throw saber....bash around some more...draw him close and make him bow (ok lay) before me...put in path of tie fighter.

Large groups of enemies aren't that much fun. Give me a level that is just a series of lone (or paired) enemy spread out over a very active environment.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    That isnt just a minor spoiler, that is the entire plot of Force unleashed in excruciating detail right there.

and fucking damn it is awesome. a clever mix of fan service and tie ins with the movies.

wish i hadnt read it now but oh man it has made me more hyped.

That good? Like...raging Star Wars nerd hard on good?

(I'm the kind of fan that loves the lore and knows the technical specifications for the X-Wing...sadly).

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    You do get lightsaber throw in the full game.

Also...is Fig-D gonna start a new thread, or should someone else?

Sorry, busy day at work. I'll have the new thread up momentarily.

EDIT: (After The_Scarab's post) New thread up here.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ranced wrote: »
    so for those of you who read it

is it one of those omg plot twist story lines or what

It is easy to see now why it is canon.

Events in Force Unleashed directly cause and effect those that happen in New Hope onwards. In a big way.

Also reading it kinda gives you a sense of the length. There are distinct levels you can picture.

PunkBoy wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    That isnt just a minor spoiler, that is the entire plot of Force unleashed in excruciating detail right there.

and fucking damn it is awesome. a clever mix of fan service and tie ins with the movies.

wish i hadnt read it now but oh man it has made me more hyped.

That good? Like...raging Star Wars nerd hard on good?

(I'm the kind of fan that loves the lore and knows the technical specifications for the X-Wing...sadly).

I'm not even a star wars fan beyond a love of the movies and the games but oh man it is like the biggest fan service i have ever seen. all makes sense, the plot isnt contrived or stupid.

The_Scarab on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ranced wrote: »
    so for those of you who read it

is it one of those omg plot twist story lines or what

If you follow the story the entire way through, the original trilogy's plot is completely dependent on stuff that happens in the game

Kind of raises questions about Vader's character though

I hadn't seen all the star wars movies until two weeks ago, so you know. Not really that big of a fan, but it's pretty cool stuff.

Feels Good Man on
  • Minus BlindfoldMinus Blindfold Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Any idea when/if this demo might go off Gold exclusive and into Silver territory? I don't play a lot of online 360 games so I rarely pay for Gold.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm in the same boat.

Minus Blindfold on
    quixotic_jam.gif
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Any idea when/if this demo might go off Gold exclusive and into Silver territory? I don't play a lot of online 360 games so I rarely pay for Gold.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm in the same boat.

New thread guys. Please stop posting in this one.

To answer your question though, the demo should be available for Silver users sometime late next week.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • StarWolf7StarWolf7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    /thread

StarWolf7 on