As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Yet Unnamed PAX Pub Crawl

• Options
    GbuttonGbutton Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    Monoxide wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    Also worth noting is that none of those bars should have cover.

well then, that's perfect.

damn my illiteracy.

Gbutton on
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Count me in!
    *geeky tourist mode ON*
    Gee, wanna try those cool american bars, compare them to our own spanish places, ya know what I mean?
    *geeky tourist mode OFF*

Now really...a trip to the states without getting drunk is like going to...well...*insert witty comparison here*

Accelerate!

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh lord, count me in!

Hell, I'll even bring my boobs out for this occasion :)
    Nevermind...they're out for every occasion. That's practically how we shake hands in roller derby.

As long as I can stumble from one place to the next and not have public intoxication laws to deal with, like we do here in TexASS, I'll drink Guiness with y'all till the sun comes up :) and/or PAX opens.
    Sweet! Then we'll have two days of planning during the CCST.

This is going to be the best road trip ever!

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    It always is

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    M0nk3y523M0nk3y523 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm going to count myself and my two companions in.

And I'm amazed that no one has offered this, but since it seems we've got a couple people who live in areas that are just out of walking distance, why hasn't anyone offered these folks rooms?

I'll start. Anyone who would be suffering the effects of alcomohol at the end of the night can crash with us on Thursday night. We'll boot your asses out once PAX starts, so be prepared for a rude awakening if you're still passed out by 1:00 on Friday.

M0nk3y523 on
    myspace
    Wii Friend Code: 5730 7685 6843 4615
    SSBB Code: 3909 7563 1956
  • Options
    GbuttonGbutton Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    Me and another are in for this.

How could a night of drunken debauchery before a day in a bright, loud room possibly turn out poorly?

It can't, that's how.

Gbutton on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I was just at Chapel. They have a $5 cover after 10 now. I vote we either skip it or find another bar.

Doc on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Legacy wrote: »
    Dicks is a must. They are the best when drunk.

This can seriously be taken out of context.

Count me in. I'm looking foward to trying to spot who's hungover/still drunk the next morning.

redhalo on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I was just at Chapel. They have a $5 cover after 10 now. I vote we either skip it or find another bar.

We'll find another bar. I cut something out of that original list, we could just add that back onto it. Unless there's something else in the area worth checking out.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    JonmanJonman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Freakin sweet.

I'm a Seattlite with a pickled liver, so I'll be along for this. This will also be fantabulous, as I know no local PAX-goers yet.

The route, by the way, looks good, except that Shorty's in Belltown is mostly a must, thanks to it's collection of retro arcade machines and pinball room. That said, I've not been there myself for several years, so it could have changed. I should pop in between now and then.

Jonman on
    yadda yadda humerous yadda
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

Noooooooooo... Chapel has been Astayonix' and my favorite bar. I swear, unless you're a strip club or have live music, there is no excuse for a cover.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Noooooooooo... Chapel has been Astayonix' and my favorite bar. I swear, unless you're a strip club or have live music, there is no excuse for a cover.

Are there strip clubs on this crawl??? FANtastic!

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    As I hear, from my wife no less, Rick's and Honeys are the best strip clubs in the area, but they're up north. I've heard the ones downtown aren't in the same league.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    you can't drink in strip clubs in seattle. it aint even worth the time.

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm coming in from Australia - I am completely up for pub crawling. It's a national sport here! I'm also up for helping organizers with keeping the group together and moving along so if you guys need help, let me know. I've had plenty of experience with pub crawls at home too.

CuZZa on
  • Options
    AnngaricusAnngaricus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have never done a pub crawl. There was one planned for my 21 but the stupid parents (both sets) wanted to buy me booze so I am super geeked for my first one!

Anngaricus on
    Something more creative to be here shortly.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I find it difficult to imagine never having done a pub crawl. Probably because I live in one of the highest bar-concentrated areas in the northeastern US. If I look out my window, I can see the first three stops on any pub crawl that might happen.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Definately count me and my friend (Gahzi) down for this. Pub crawls are always a blast.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    GahziGahzi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Definately count me and my friend (Gahzi) down for this. Pub crawls are always a blast.

And here I thought I would be able to get away with drinking lightly during our little adventure....

Gahzi on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    no, fuck that.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Down for the crawl.

Me and two friends are at the Westin so looking for anyone who wants to meet up there and go out from there to some cool microbrews.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    Dionysos911Dionysos911 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've done a few Seattle pub crawls since living here, definitely down for a pre PAX one!

Dionysos911 on
  • Options
    angelkirieangelkirie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    OMFG. So incredibly down for this! As will, I'm sure, my three roommates.

As a local and a drinker I suggest heading north along 1st Ave to Belltown. Umi Sake House is open late, Belltown Pizza, Belltown Billiards, Black Bottle, Wasabi Grill, Cyclops ETC.

angelkirie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    angelkirie wrote: »
    OMFG. So incredibly down for this! As will, I'm sure, my three roommates.

As a local and a drinker I suggest heading north along 1st Ave to Belltown. Umi Sake House is open late, Belltown Pizza, Belltown Billiards, Black Bottle, Wasabi Grill, Cyclops ETC.

That sounds awesome to me.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I agree. To be honest even if there was no live music, if the bar is good, 5 dollars is the same cost as milk in most areas. Go without milk for the week of PAX.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    randomguy wrote: »

I agree. To be honest even if there was no live music, if the bar is good, 5 dollars is the same cost as milk in most areas. Go without milk for the week of PAX.

Yea I have to say that unless boobies or a band is playing, no place should charge you to just walk through the door. It's not like you get anything other than the chance to pay 5 dollars to a place.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I updated the OP with the tentative bar schedule from the other page

Monoxide on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I updated the OP with the tentative bar schedule from the other page

Wow that looks awesome. Will need to take a cab back to the hotel but no biggie as it isn't far.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    If there's a big turnout, half of the people attending would be going backwards (Starting at Six Arms) and meeting up at Dick's in the center, so half-route people could choose a pass on either side, early or late.

We should so high-five as we pass each other in the middle.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    redhalo wrote: »
    If there's a big turnout, half of the people attending would be going backwards (Starting at Six Arms) and meeting up at Dick's in the center, so half-route people could choose a pass on either side, early or late.

We should so high-five as we pass each other in the middle.

As Obama has shown us, we need to fist bump.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    protocol7protocol7 Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    My roomies and I are totally up for this, we're making it to PAX for one of their birthdays :)

This is happening on Thursday night then? Might have to join an hour or two late that being the case, that would be ok?

protocol7 on
    Better living through reckless experimentation!
  • Options
    MorelloMorello Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    Sounds great. If we need to break it up a bit (and we aren't totally lazy, though we're gamers, so we are...) we can hit a couple nice Cap Hill places too. Less frat-boy asshat than Pioneer Square.

Morello on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Wait, Shorty's is no longer on the route? Between the dinner, Shorty's and this, it seems kinda hard to make all three.

redhalo on
  • Options
    firewallenderfirewallender Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Very, very excited for this. Very.

Did I mention I'm excited?

firewallender on
    Firewallender.com | @firewallender on Twitter

I SURVIVED THE PAX 2009 CON-SARS BREAKOUT!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Very, very excited for this. Very.

Did I mention I'm excited?

YAY! More fodder for the Pub Crawl cannon.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Judging by timing and everything, I think I'm only going to be in on the second half of this.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Judging by timing and everything, I think I'm only going to be in on the second half of this.

Well you better be at part of it considering you are the Forum Mod/God.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

I haven't really decided if what's in the OP is going to be final or not, we'll see what happens as it gets closer to August.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    jack knifejack knife Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm in!

jack knife on
  • Options
    ThrallThrall Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    count me in, my flight wont be in until 8p thursday night so I guess I'll meet you all at the mid point for some jet lagged drinking fun!

Thrall on
This discussion has been closed.