Options

Boyfriend posting pictures of another girl on forum...

13»

• Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    Trowizilla wrote: »
    Hon, he's blaming you because he knows he's in the wrong, and now he knows that you'll roll over and let him get away with things that hurt you.

There is no way that reading a forum he posts on can rationally be construed as an invasion of privacy. That's fucking ridiculous.

Is linking a MySpace photo an invasion of privacy?

Depends, but in this context it's impressively creepy and disrespectful.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Bullshit. Yes, if you put your picture on the internet people will have the ability to save a copy, host it, and post it all over the place for random creepy people to jerk all over but that doesn't mean you're asking for it. What the fuck?

Um, I don't think I said she was "asking for it". I said it was a public profile(which can be put to private) and just like the infamous post that her picture was in, is available to all, just like the BF's forum post.
    There's actually only a high probability that he would view it that way if he's a fucking idiot or if he had kept his posting there and his internet-handle secret.

I mean, how would feel if your girlfriend was reading your posts on PA, even if you're not posting anything that would offend her and her reason was she was checking up on you. It's just a little weird. Again, I wanted her to be aware, I wasn't blaming her or anything, just aware of a possible outcome, which is one of the reasons she came here.
    Actually we also know that he reacted irrationally and tried to blame her for everything. Once you add that to your equation, failing to think that this would lead to the sort of confrontation it has only requires that you think you're dating a grown-up.

We know he's mad and she feels guilty. I'm trying to be fair to both of them here. We don't know either of these people personally.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    She never said she looked at the forum to check up on him though, she said she sometimes looked at the forums when she was bored at work.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    She never said she looked at the forum to check up on him though, she said she sometimes looked at the forums when she was bored at work.

You are correct. I asked her that and that's what she answered and that's fine, so I'm not really sure why it keeps getting brought up.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008

Bullshit. Yes, if you put your picture on the internet people will have the ability to save a copy, host it, and post it all over the place for random creepy people to jerk all over but that doesn't mean you're asking for it. What the fuck?

Um, I don't think I said she was "asking for it". I said it was a public profile(which can be put to private) and just like the infamous post that her picture was in, is available to all, just like the BF's forum post.

I'm not sure I see how posting someone you know's picture online for the purpose of having hundreds of strangers oggle her and rate her hotness without asking is the same thing as reading someone's posts on an internet forum without asking permission first. It could be that my actions and views of right and wrong are based in something other than just-the-law-and-only-the-law-and-nothing-but-the-law.
    There's actually only a high probability that he would view it that way if he's a fucking idiot or if he had kept his posting there and his internet-handle secret.

I mean, how would feel if your girlfriend was reading your posts on PA, even if you're not posting anything that would offend her and her reason was she was checking up on you. It's just a little weird. Again, I wanted her to be aware, I wasn't blaming her or anything, just aware of a possible outcome, which is one of the reasons she came here.

I don't understand what she would think she was checking up on. To make sure I'm not carrying out a steamy affair with Solid Snake behind her back through the intertubes? Whatever, I wouldn't care. If there's something I want to say that I would be upset if people found out about I do it in private, like via GMail or IM or some other external medium. When my ex did read my forum-posts it was because she liked the way my mind works and liked to read things I write. I suppose I could figure out a way to get offended about that but if I did it would be rooted in my undying self-hate rather than any kind of rational thought-process.
    Actually we also know that he reacted irrationally and tried to blame her for everything. Once you add that to your equation, failing to think that this would lead to the sort of confrontation it has only requires that you think you're dating a grown-up.

We know he's mad and she feels guilty. I'm trying to be fair to both of them here. We don't know either of these people personally.

Oh I don't know either of them personally either and the way she approached the conversation could very easily have been pretty bad, but I do know that the things I've picked out to remark on are decidedly not okay.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Trowizilla wrote: »
    Hon, he's blaming you because he knows he's in the wrong, and now he knows that you'll roll over and let him get away with things that hurt you.

There is no way that reading a forum he posts on can rationally be construed as an invasion of privacy. That's fucking ridiculous.

Is linking a MySpace photo an invasion of privacy?

It is if the person didn't give you permission to show her picture to people she doesn't know. Sure she could have added him as a friend and doesn't care about him looking at her profile, doesn't mean he has the right to start showing off pictures of her to random forum people.

Posting on a forum and posting on a public MySpace profile are pretty much exactly the same thing. It's a public site and anyone can see it, but the assumption is that only people who know you will probably look at it. For instance, I post under the assumption that my mom will never read it(FUCK), but it's a public forum and she could read it anytime she wanted too.

I don't know how similar facebook is to myspace, but I know facebook has the option to set your profile to private so ONLY people you added as a friend can see your pictures. Does myspace have this? Cause if so we can't really say much unless we know whether or not the girl has a private profile or not.

How this is in any way relevant to the fact that it's mega fucking creepy and shows that the guy objectifies women is beyond me. Probably because it's not relevant, actually.

I can see however that my little experiment has failed in the most obvious way of all though.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
This discussion has been closed.