As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for AWESOME old mech game goodness

2»

• sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Speaking of this, I just picked up Zone of the Enders 2 twice by accident. If you're looking to buy/trade with me, send me a PM.

I nearly never win anything on Ebay.... much less twice...

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • Spiffy MageSpiffy Mage Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Mechcommander 1 and 2 (which are both free) are a good bet.
    Free, Eh?
    Your information intrigues me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    So long as said news letter has information includes information to acquire these for free.

On Topic: Heavy Gear 2 was amazing. The only thing that disappointed me is they took out the Gear builder from HG1 and added the perk/flaw system in it's place. That, and controlling the Gear in Zero G was annoying at times.

Spiffy Mage on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Pancake wrote: »
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Just to poke my head in here, how's Armoured Core 4 on the 360? There's a second hand store I walk by every day selling it for £9.99 and I'm always tempted to pick it up.

Not bad, but not really great. It was popular on Live for a while too, but I don't know if that lasted. My biggest problem with the singleplayer was that the actual missions lasted about 20 seconds each and while they were fun, they were still only 20 seconds long.

It's like Chromehounds, only less fun, a hostile interface that hates your fucking guts and combat on crack. I mean, I love it for the anime like fighting, speed, dodging, all that shizzle, but the single player is generally gunk, the store/customize system makes me want to choke a bitch and shooting down missiles is not fun. Most retarded mission ever.

Chrome Hound is way more fun in my opinion, especially the customization. Not sure how the Chromehounds community is these days though.

Cynic Jester on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Mechcommander 1 and 2 (which are both free) are a good bet.
    Free, Eh?
    Your information intrigues me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    So long as said news letter has information includes information to acquire these for free.

Mechcommander.org is down but you should be able to find download links by Googling.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I own every Mechwarrior up to Pirate's Moon and "strategic" isn't quite the adjective that comes to mind. If that's the kind of customizeable mech game you want though, try some Armored Core, assuming you have a Playstation <insert number here>. The PS1 series is still best, and they'll play on any of the machines--even PSP since they're now available from the Playstation Store (I don't own one, but that is one of its features, right?).

Other than what's been mentioned, not very many titles have come out in English and even less of those are actually good. You'll want to import some Japanese games for the detailed customizeable mecha action stuff, they obsess over that kind of game.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra