As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Over] Dexter - Miami PD Wins, A killer relocates

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well it doesn't help to insult them.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Mac's on the dot, there's no sense votin' him out Day 1.

Day 2 maybe. Day 2 is generally when things can start going into motion, as I just don't like the idea of unsecured networks. Lot of crap can get screwed up when that shit happens.

Obbi on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    Mac's on the dot, there's no sense votin' him out Day 1.

Day 2 maybe. Day 2 is generally when things can start going into motion, as I just don't like the idea of unsecured networks. Lot of crap can get screwed up when that shit happens.

You'd know best of all, wouldn't you? :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    We've seen what happens when the network is compromised

...TOXIC!

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    We've seen what happens when the network is compromised

...TOXIC!

What the hell did I do? O_o

Oh, yeah.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Dirty sneak! You still rock so hard in my book.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    B:L is trying to get me to divulge someone who has contacted me in PMs in turn for him laying off of me.

I'm not going to do this.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    B:L, if the person I am in contact is telling the truth, (Dexter), I am having him kill you. I am also in contact with the guardian, if they are telling the truth, and that person will not be guarding you.

Lundy plays one hell of a major role in the second season and I am pretty sure that the characters will be taken from both.

I don't know why you are so gung ho about killing someone who is claiming to be a special. That is never a good idea on day 1. Never ever. You're a better player than that.

However, if you would PM me with your role and ability, I may get Dexter to look elsewhere.

I may not be great at doing the epic reveal and getting a network going, but I sure know how to run one.
    Don't pull that threat crap on me. I'm willing to die innocent to prove that you're not.

Lundy may be a role in the second season, but in a small phalla like this, village specials are much more likely to be 1st season characters. I consider Lundy to be a pretty minor character in the scheme of things, but you're trying to make him out to be more than that. You're also claiming that because the "real" Lundy didn't out himself to disprove you, you're proven. That's a huge fallacy, if the role doesn't exist. To claim that as proof while claiming a minor character? I don't buy it.

Revealing your role like that also means that a seer has no means of proving themself to you. You know that.

Claiming to already have special contacts only puts pressure on the specials to contact you. You claim that the network is set up. Given that it's the first day, putting together an unconfirmed network is extremely dangerous, because one lying bad guy can topple the whole thing over.

I'm a big fan of epic reveals, and I've done my fair share of good or non-sensical ones. And this one doesn't even make sense to me.

Don't buy into MacSpectre's B.S. It doesn't add up, and if he kills off the seer, he'll be the head of a highly compromised network. That's too risky. That's my reason for going after an "outted" person, especially someone like "Lundy".

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    B:L is trying to get me to divulge someone who has contacted me in PMs in turn for him laying off of me.

I'm not going to do this.
    I'm trying to get you to tell me what the hell you're planning with this, because of all the times I've phalla'd with you, this is the most non-sensical you've been, as I've described above.

You're going to "kill me with Dexter", and you're trying to make me look like a bad guy with that post. You absolutely refused to defend yourself in our back and forth PMs, only constantly reciting your mantra that you shouldn't be killed.

Normally, I'd agree. But your absolute refusal to defend yourself can only mean that you're planning something. You're asking me to trust you, and you can't even trust me enough to explain why there are logical holes in your reveal and "proof" as an "outted" player.

You're asking for too much, too soon, and too quickly. This doesn't bode well at all.

• Options
    edited February 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    Normally, I'd agree. But your absolute refusal to defend yourself can only mean that you're planning something. You're asking me to trust you, and you can't even trust me enough to explain why there are logical holes in your reveal and "proof" as an "outted" player.

I played this one game, you may remember it: VtM. Spectre came out on day 1 with his clan, and said he had an awesome plan to kill the badguys with. You know why Spectre was voted to death that day? He wouldn't tell the masses his secret plan. However, before he died, he told someone who utilized this plan to severely cripple the badguys.

Once again, I am saying that there is a reason that I cannot be fully forthcoming due to a plan that is already in action. If I am killed by the vote, this plan will fail and the network I have come into contact with and all my information will die with me. I cannot tell anyone why I am doing what I am doing, or it will cause said plan to fail.

I will reveal everything on day 2.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I played this one game, you may remember it: VtM.

After my defeat at your hands in Rival Schools, I concede.

You're being guarded anyways, so it's no use trying.

!Retract TehSpectre
    !Vote Quoth

I don't mind dying as a generic innocent role, but after Dexter kills me off, if Spectre doesn't reveal something MINDBLOWINGLY AWESOME tomorrow, take his ass out the back.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    I played this one game, you may remember it: VtM.

After my defeat at your hands in Rival Schools, I concede.

You're being guarded anyways, so it's no use trying.

!Retract TehSpectre
    !Vote Quoth

I don't mind dying as a generic innocent role, but after Dexter kills me off, if Spectre doesn't reveal something MINDBLOWINGLY AWESOME tomorrow, take his ass out the back.
    Will try. Once blue all ways blue.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Tomorrow as in Monday right?

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Tomorrow as in Monday right?
    Yeah, this round counts as 1 day in phalla time. Don't play semantics. :P

• Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    you know TehSpectre - even tho you might not mean anything with it - letting your lip fly like that gives off bad vibes no matter how you look at it :twisted:

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    FrostMist wrote: »
    you know TehSpectre - even tho you might not mean anything with it - letting your lip fly like that gives off bad vibes no matter how you look at it :twisted:

I put Mick Jagger to shame.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    ~laughs~ good one ^^

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Am I winning the vote at this point? Just so I know whether to do my epic reveal.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    Am I winning the vote at this point? Just so I know whether to do my epic reveal.

I'll do a vote count in a little bit. I'm just too lazy right now. But I don't think so.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    TheLawinator - Maximus (1)
    Toxic Toys - obbi, law, dark, Qorzm (4)
    Dakero - meister (1)
    Frost Mist - toy, Rain, Pseudolus, Plutonium (4)
    Quoth - TehSpectre, Trust, B:L (3)
    TehSpectre - Whod, Frost (2)

Any one let me know if I messed up.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You're doing vote counts now? Another good reason to vote for you.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    You're doing vote counts now? Another good reason to vote for you.

I really shouldn't be because I know I'm going to mess it up. Quoth wanted to know if she was in the lead and one one esle was counting them. So I did.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Anyway,
    !Retract Toxic

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Retract Frostmist

Plutonium on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Eh, I've gone with TS so far, I might as well see how the day pans out under his expert guidance.

!Retract Frost Mist, !Vote Quoth

Rainfall on
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Retract Toxic Toys

Qorzm on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I'm going to !Vote Quoth just for the epic reveal.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Vote Quoth for epic revealness!!!

Maximus on
  • Options
    PseudolusPseudolus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Let's see the magic!
    !vote Quoth

Pseudolus on
    etrianjw6.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Has anyone had any correspondence from Grundlterror? I'd like for all of tonights actions to go smoothly but I am certain I will not be home until monday morning. I'll only have PC access for a bit but if Grundl could confirm that he's received all of the action PMs it would put me at ease. If that's not the case would anyone be adverse to waiting until the AM?

I apologize for making things a bit inconvenient. I had to make an unplanned trip to southern ohio.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Has anyone had any correspondence from Grundlterror? I'd like for all of tonights actions to go smoothly but I am certain I will not be home until monday morning. I'll only have PC access for a bit but if Grundl could confirm that he's received all of the action PMs it would put me at ease. If that's not the case would anyone be adverse to waiting until the AM?

I apologize for making things a bit inconvenient. I had to make an unplanned trip to southern ohio.

He did post in the Rival Schools game about 10 minutes ago saying he has to work during the Super Bowl. Other then that, I've not heard from him.

I don't mind waiting until the morning.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If waiting till morning means I'm not up till 4am, I'm happy :p

If not, I'm not fussed. Do whatever you need to, DUE. We don't mind.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    darkerodarkero Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    All the people bandwagoning Quoth at the drop of a hat makes me kind of nervous. Then again he has been a little shady so I can't blame anyone. so for now !retract Toxic

darkero on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Alright. So it's decided. Vote will still close at 11 tonight. Results will come in the morning. You may send all of your actions to my PM box then, i'll have everything tabulated sometime in the morning. I have a two and a half hour drive home tomorrow morning so I can't give an accurate time for results but i'll update the thread title.

Again, I apologize and things should be running smoothly by tomorrow.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So - voteclose is in 5 hours?

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Seems like it.

Maximus on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ok, epic reveal time.

I'm a good mason. I am in contact with two other good characters. I will name one of them after vote close but before the actions for the night are resolved, so that the person can be protected tomorrow. Once my role is revealed in the narration, it will confirm that I am who I say I am.

That person will be the new network head. If TehSpectre is who he says he is, then he and this person can coordinate as needed. However, TehSpectre has not yet been able to confirm his own role, whereas I have a solid means of doing so for myself, so it's up to you guys who you want to trust.

It would be really awesome if the vote could be moved off of me and someone could seer me and/or guard me instead, but I'm willing to bite the bullet if it will set up the network. NO ONE NEEDS TO CONTACT ME BECAUSE UNLESS I SURVIVE TONIGHT, I WILL NOT BE THE NETWORK HEAD. And moreover, I will not reveal my identity or my fellow masons, so don't bother asking.

My vote goes to !Toxic Toys for being suspicious as hell. Nobody has to join me, because I could be wrong and he could be good. But that's my opinion at the moment.

So once voting closes, I'll give you guys a name. Here's hoping everything works out. If anyone has better ideas, feel free to share them.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    hmmm... tricky one.. !Vote FreeAgent - he's currently not put his vote on anyone, so why not, eh?

makes the score as of post 239:

Toxic Toys - obbi, Quoth (2)
    Dakero - meister (1)
    Quoth - TehSpectre, Trust, B:L, Rain, toy. Maximus, Pseudolus (7)
    TehSpectre - Whod (1)
    Free Agent - FrostMist (1)

If quoth is a good guy - it would suck that he would bite the bullet on day 1, but then again - that goes for every good guy who bites the bullet day 1...

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, haven't had a chance to vote yet, been watching the Super Bowl. Let me just have a look through, see which of you I think is most likely to be a psychopath.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Who to believe? The vet or the newbie? hmmmm.

I'd rather give Quoth a chance personally. At least her way, she's not gonna be risking any other specials.

!Quoth

!Toxic Toys

Trust on
    We Stand Ready