As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nokia and their bullshit- The saga continues! 4 months later

mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I recieved a phone as a gift (Nokia 6300 prepaid pack) the other day. The phone itself was bought over 30 days ago. I put my Sim card in it, and it won't read it...strange. I take it back to the store it was bought at, and they won't take it back due to it being bought over 30 days ago, even though it was just opened that day. But whatever, they tell me to call Nokia.

I call Nokia, and head to their "care centre". I explain the problem, and the bitch there gave us a lot of attitude and thought we were lying. She tried her sim card, and it worked, so she said buy a new sim card. So, I go to the Optus shop (who I am with), and nearly buy a new one, but the guy working their, tries his, and 3 others in the phone, and they don't work either. Frustrated, I return to Nokia, and demand they repair it. They say they will, and it will be a few days.

A few days later I get a call, saying it has been repaired. So, I go in there to pick it up. Only, after testing my sim card in it, it still doesn't work. Great repair job. Anyway, the lady says they will do more tests, and they will call me "tomorrow". Well, that didn't happen, and they haven't called me.

I am sick of getting dicked around. Is there anything I can do about this bullshit? I am getting fed-up with their crap. Any ideas?

mooshoepork on

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    other than having another place to get the hpone repaired or shelling out cash for a different phone

or trying to get them to switch phones which they'll probably do if they can't fix it

you're stuck with them fixing it

call them every day or every other day

or better yet go in and talk to them

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    damn.

I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and ask. The thing is, they don't know what is wrong with it. Some sims work, others don't. Their sims seem to work, but mine, and everyone elses don't.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    Brucelee41042Brucelee41042 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have the same phone. There was a bad batch of phones where a transistor was missing on the board. They will have to replace it. Tell them this. I had to have my phone replaced.

Brucelee41042 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Thank you so much. I will tell them this, but I doubt they will believe it. I assume if they can't fix it, they will have to replace it. They should know there was a bad batch though.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I am resurrecting this thread from the dead, because I still do not have a working phone. Can you believe that? It's been 3 weeks since I last heard from them and I can't get through. They do not answer their phones, and when they do, you automatically get put on hold for 40 minutes, and then hung up on.

I have been into the "Nokia care centre" 8 times, and the phone has been fixed 3 times, and hasn't actually been fixed.

I don't know what to do anymore. It has been over 4 months now.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Send them an angry letter, or go to a different care centre. Or just go to the same one and refuse to leave until someone does something.

I had no end of issues with my shitty Nokia 6280, culminating in it completely breaking. Piece of crap. No wonder 3 were so keen to get rid of them.

The secret is to buy their business phones (I got the e51). They actually work.

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Went in there with someone older, and they didn't shape up too much. We wrote everything down, which pissed them off, and they said by 5:30 pm they would order a sales package for me (new phone, new box, shrinkwrapped, everything) we said if it wasn't solved, we'd be going to court. I call 3 days later (she said they'd call me) and apparently there is no record of the order being made. I call them directly, and they say they will look into it and call me the next day. No call.

Off to court I go. I fucking HATE this company.

mooshoepork on