As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Love that dare not speak its name...

2»

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is a weird conversation. It never even entered my mind that single heterosexual girls would go to gay bars, let alone go to them to sometimes meet straight guys. I always just figured that when people went to a gay bar, it was to meet people of similar tastes or persuasions.

Talk about a paradigm shift.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Archgarth wrote: »
    This is a weird conversation. It never even entered my mind that single heterosexual girls would go to gay bars, let alone go to them to sometimes meet straight guys. I always just figured that when people went to a gay bar, it was to meet people of similar tastes or persuasions.

Well what I've gotten out of the conversation is a little different. Girls go to gay bars not to meet straight guys but to dance. But some straight guys go to gay bars to pick up these girls. Most people are complete whores so the girls who go to dance will end up going home with a guy anyways.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    collinc wrote: »
    Archgarth wrote: »

Well what I've gotten out of the conversation is a little different. Girls go to gay bars not to meet straight guys but to dance. But some straight guys go to gay bars to pick up these girls. Most people are complete whores so the girls who go to dance will end up going home with a guy anyways.

That seems much more accurate, thanks for setting me straight (no pun intended).

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    As a straight man, I cannot speak on behalf of the straight male population, but what I can do is share my own experiences.

What's true for me is that I go to bars to have a good time. PERIOD. It so happens that my friend lived in the Castro (the mostly gay neighborhood in San Francisco) and that we frequented a primarily gay bar because of proximity to his place. Yes, I met some awesome straight women there (as well as a lot of other awesome folks), but I did not go there with the intention of "picking up" these women.

@collinc: I detect a lot of bitterness from you when you say that "most people are complete whores." My experience has been that most people are really friendly and, for the most part, decent people.

waffleboi9 on
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm a gay 16 year old, and all my older, uhh, friends, tell me that Purr is the best gay bar in Seattle. Drinks are a little more exspensive, but much better (read:stronger). I wish I could make a habit of going to these fine establishments, but I've never been one to try to sneak into bars, well, not often. There's The Cuff if you are more into leather/bears. Neighbours, the biggest dance club, is pretty well known, but it's become majority straight now, e.g., straight couples will go on dates for the "experience." The best gay restaurant in Seattle is the Broadway Grill. I'd love to hang out with a group of gay and straight PAX-goers, but my age makes it inconvenient when drinking is the passtime of choice. I tend to agree with the saying, "most people are complete whores." It's rather true that people who are either out of a relationship or in an open one will have sex with a pretty broad range of people who fit his or her personal standards. I know I will :P (I have noticed that this trait is more apparent among we fags). There most be more gay gamers out there, right? (Also, all of the places I mentioned are in the Capitol Hill/Broadway area, close to downtown)

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
This discussion has been closed.