Options

An Illustrated (Truncated) History of Horror Gaming [NSF56K]

• Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Einhander wrote: »
    It's my understanding that the RE ports (2/3/CV) on the cube are fairly rare. I've got a copy of the Cube version of RE2 that I picked up complete for $5 (I don't own a GameCube), but it's supposed to be pretty much a straight port of the PS1 version with cleaner models, unlike the N64 or Dreamcast ports which both had something added. The N64 version isn't worth it since there was a bunch of content removed, and the only thing added (the EX Files) can be read online.

My ultimate goal is to get ahold of the Dreamcast version sometime, since it had all of the extras from RE2:Platinum on the PC, and is supposed to have the cleanest looking graphics as well. My PS1 copy is on loan right now, so I'm RE2-less for the time being.

There is not a ton of content removed from RE2. In fact very little was taken out and there are more exclusives than just the EX Files. For one thing, it has bar none the best controls. It also has random item mode, gore control, blood coloring and a few minor things. The only thing really cut was one minor FMV where they replaced Ada for Claire.

The Dreamcast version is still overall the best. I'd say graphically the GCN and Dreamcast are the best. GCN version sounds the best, N64 controls the best. N64 also loads the fastest. :P

Man, the N64's "3D" controls were fucked, since the frame of reference changes every time you change camera angles.

Also, there's no Battle Mode.

And the audio is terrible compared to the disc based versions.

Einhander on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    And the FMV was grainy as hell.

I remember Martian Gothic. It came out back when some company was trying budget $10 PS1 games. I don't know if Martian Gothic was any good or not, but other games from the same publisher included Special Ops Stealth Patrol, which was one of the worst PS1 games of all time.

Einhander on
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    AvP2_box.jpg

Playing this game as marine. D:

I sadly never got the first game to run properly on my computer.

Isorn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Yeah I don't know how I got Alien Resurrection and not AVP. I'm too tired to do it now though, maybe when I wake up.

Einhander on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Too bad we didn't get Siren 2. I assume it would fix the problems with the first one, including the stupid as hell Brit accents for the localization.

Edit: Also Haunting Ground is pretty creepy. It's like Clock Tower except not point and click and you have a dog. And speaking of dogs there was that other horror game. I forget the title but it had a bunch of little girls as the main characters.

JJ on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You of all people didn't post a piece on Illbleed, JJ? :P It's very satirical, but it has some downright intense moments.

It has a rampant feeling of helplessness, since I felt compelled to run from everything in sight.

I liked D, and also the similar Mansion of Hidden Souls (Sega CD).

D2 is absolute garbage, though.

Silent Hill 3's also my favorite game in the series.

As for Resident Evil, Code Veronica helped inspire me to get a DC. It's still my favorite.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MisanthropicMisanthropic Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'll throw in two of my favorites:

DARK SEED and DARK SEED II
    darkseed.jpg
    darkseedii.jpg

Based upon the works of H.R. Giger, these point and click adventure games came out in 1992 and 1995. Similar to Gabriel Knight and other p&c adventure games, they focused on solving puzzles, using the right item in the right place and generally cruising over every pixel with your pointer.

In Dark Seed, you play as Mike Dawson. You're rich and successful. So you do what any other rich and successful Mike Dawsons would do, and buy a mansion in a so-normal-and-serene-it's-creepy small town called Woodland Hills. Your first night in your new house, you fall asleep and have a vivid nightmare of an alien machine implanting an embryo in your brain. You only have three days to solve the mystery, before your head gives birth to the harbinger of doom to all mankind.

No pressure or anything.

I remember as a kid, my mom was really into adventure games. If she ever got stuck she'd have me play for a while, to see if I could figure out something she couldn't. And I remember this game scaring the shit out of me. It is psychologically terrifying, with unexplainable, terrible things happening in the game. Also, in both Dark Seed I and Dark Seed II, there was an alternate universe that you could reach through the mirror in your house, that was a perversion of the real world, all inspired by H.R. Giger himself.

Dark Seed II picks up a year later, when you're back in your hometown living with your mom. Then your old high school sweetheart is brutally murdered. You know those monsters you stopped from taking over the planet a year ago? Yeah, well they're back and they just killed your lady. Oh, and they want to get your head pregnant again.

I highly suggest both of these games. Just make sure you have a walkthrough nearby, they can be unforgiving.

Misanthropic on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Every one of these threads needs a huge disclaimer:

Moby Games images can not be shared directly.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Isorn wrote: »
    AvP2_box.jpg

Playing this game as marine. D:

I sadly never got the first game to run properly on my computer.

I was about to mention this. This game takes the movie suspense and throws you straight into it.

Semi-Spoiler
    The first level might actually be the scariest of them all. You traverse the ruins of the base you're at, looking for survivors and a way out, all while uncovering the effects of the Alien and Predator destruction. Pipes will fall from the ceiling looking like Alien heads, flayed corpses can be found, and your motion detector always pings something that dashes just out of sight. I don't even think you actually encounter an Alien, it's all just psychological stuff.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    MisanthropicMisanthropic Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Every one of these threads needs a huge disclaimer:

Moby Games images can not be shared directly.

There, fixed mine.

Misanthropic on
  • Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think Condemmed is the scariest game I've ever played, I had to turn the brightness up in game cos I'm a wuss :P will get the sequal for sure!

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    7th Guest will forever hold a special place in my heart as one of the first games I ever played on a computer.

It never really scared me (I might've been too young to understand it) but the puzzles were awesome.
    I hated that fucking maze, though. Feeling... LONELY?

Senshi on
  • Options
    UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm going to argue the first Aliens versus Predator (for PC, not the Jaguar version) over AVP2. Pretty much just the marine areas have any fear involved, but AVP wins out for the sheer unscriptedness of that crap. Seriously, they have level geometry and they just spawn crap in. The aliens could come from almost anywhere, but the game had a neat quirk, where the aliens would charge at you when they saw you, but they wouldn't automatically insantly come for you all the time.

Plus the marine gets flares and a motion tracker or night vision...which is crazy, because pretty much everything is dark. So it's either you don't see but you kind of know where the enemies are, or you see, but you don't know when they're coming. Plus the facehuggers were insta-death (and the game didn't have a good saving feature until after it was patched (I don't remember if there was no saving, or just a couple of saves allowed changing per difficulty level)). I could probably install it to find out, but it doesn't work on XP (or I would assume, Vista).

It also had an expansion pack that added a few weapons and multiplayer maps (came with fancy facehugger with a suction cup). The marine also has the coolest levels. The second level is essentially the opening to Aliens with aliens already running around. Orbiter is running through a (relatively fully realized) space station with aliens and some predators on it, and the last level. It's sweet.

Since no one is likely to play AvP since it doesn't work on modern OSes:
    It's essentially a recreation of the Queen battle from Aliens, without the cargo loader. That is: run around the spaceship's hangar and open the airlock to suck the queen out, while she chases you around. If you get in the secure pod too quickly she breaks the glass and kills you/you get sucked into space along with her (it was more fair than it sounds).

Predators were conservatively spread throughout the game, and functioned sort of like bosses (lots of smargun ammo going in); usually you'd first identify them by the red triple laser that you were being targeted with. The game looked surprisingly good at some points...unfortunately it was nearly impossible to modify (unfortunately the Predators' cloak was essentially model transparency).

AVP2 was fun to play, but it was more heavily scripted, and - although that would probably usually add to the horror - it didn't quite work as well for me (still fun, but in a different way).

Some small corrections/additions:
    In RE: STARS stands for Special Tactics and Rescue Squad according to the back of my game case. I also hear they didn't reuse the FMV for the gamecube remake, which is unfortunate, it's cool to watch (also funny, but still cool). Chris' game is likely the scarier of the two characters, since Jill essentially gets helped whenever she's in trouble (and you can run upstairs and grab the grenade launcher from the get go - same with the shotgun, pretty much).

In RE2: playing Leon A got you Claire B; playing Claire A got you Leon B. It was to sort of simulate their separation and playing each characters POV. Unfortunately, there are only 2 or 3 events that actually impact your 2nd playthrough (taking an extra inventory pouch/submachine gun, and closing the shutters in the Police Station (which isn't even really necessary)...probably another I'm forgetting). You could also do exciting stuff to unlock things - I've still got a save with the alternate costumes, infinite ammo submachine gun (no first-aid spray) and infinite ammo gattling gun (no saving in the middle of scenarios; makes those last battles a bit more threatening) for Leon A. Sure, there's supposed to be a rocket launcher, but who wants to play through both scenarios in under 5 hours?

RE2: dual shock version is probably the better one, it lets you use the dual analog sticks, and it has an additional battle mode.

In Dino Crisis: There were some innovative resource management and combat changes from the RE games. There is a huge difference in ammo/weapon availabilty while playing on Hard. Bleeding actually puts blood spatter on the ground which dinosaurs (specifically their Jurassic Park-like velociraptors) will follow - through doors - to get to you. You could also tranquilize the dinos, and they'd end up getting up later. Your weapon could also be knocked out of your hand (usually while a raptor was chewing on you). It also had a mechanic later utiilized by RE3 of combining items to form more powerful healing items/ammo. There are also some QTE and different choices to be made, as well as endings. You can also bypass half of the 'super secret locked doors if you just remember the door passwords (or look them up in a FAQ, I guess).

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Project: Firestart
    System: C64
    Developer: Dynamix
    Released: 1989

I'd post images, but imageshack is giving me a 500 internal server error at the moment.

It might not have been a big title, but I think this counts as one of the first survival horror games. You played an agent who was sent to investigate the loss of contact with a scientific research station. The scientists were working on an artificial life form for asteroid mining, and through some mistake it gained the ability to reproduce, and overran the station.

The game played as a side-scroller, but all the segments of the ship were connected together so it wasn't just a run from left to right the whole time. There were doors that would lead to different segments, or rooms within a segment. From time to time, when your character got close to something, the screen would suddenly flash some pretty gruesome visuals (for the time) of what he was standing close to, accompanied by appropriate shocking music. Examples of this include the guy who wrote "danger" on the wall with the blood from his own severed arm, or the first time you see one of the creatures in a suspended animation cell.

Your character was armed with a laser gun that had a limited charge on it, so you couldn't just go in blasting everything in sight. You could pick up new lasers at certain locations, but I don't recall whether or not there was a place where you could recharge them. Add to this the fact that each creature took multiple shots to take down, and would often attack in groups, and you had the makings for plenty of "oh shit" moments. Creatures would only attack you in the hallways (if I remember right), and whenever a creature was present the game would start playing some tense music. It was especially bad if you came out of a room in the middle of the hallway, and the creature wasn't on the screen yet. Is it coming from the left or the right? Or both? D:

I never actually finished the game. I kept getting et by the creatures.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So Thief: Deadly Shadows was depressing.

But the Cradle level made me poop myself. The beginning part is the most scary. You don't actually encounter anything it's just creepy as hell.

Then there's the freaky undead? straight-out-of-a-Tool-video twitchy nutcase freaks. Fuck, man.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I like the FMV Resident Evil opening more than the CG Gamecube one.

It scared me half to death when I first played it.

And maybe I was better off not having seen the cover to Dark Seed... brr.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Scratches was pretty scary. And was all Adventure. I'm not even sure if you could get hurt or die but it still scared the hell out of me at times. It's pretty recent and I think it was an Indie game.
    Could be wrong.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cold Fear was solid. Not buy-it-at-a-high-price great, but I snagged it used for $20 and was pretty fun. It's interesting in that you don't actually start out fighting monsters, but the surviving mercenaries who are trying to contain the problem. The game doesn't really have the mechanics for duck-and-cover gunplay, but it was a neat twist nonetheless.

I didn't see Extermination mentioned yet:

extermination--4685.jpg

Basically The Thing meets Resident Evil with a splash of The Abyss. The dialog was absurd in ways Resident Evil could only dream of, but the action was decent and there were a few good scares. Free aiming and a good variety of weapon attachments (rather than separate guns, your rifle had attachments for grenades, flamethrowers, scopes, expanded magazines, etc.) helped mix things up, and having to worry about being infected was novel at the time. Oh, and
    the fucking water is trying to kill you. D:

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dino Crisis sucked so bad... ugh.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't think that's a fair assessment. The middle of the game is decently fun - being chased through a complex by a bunch of dinosaurs while searching for weapons and anything useful while you try to get out. Unfortunately the beginning is really boring (and it drags on for about an hour or more), and the ending is kind of 'meh' (if I remember right, I've only beat it once...even though there's ...3 or 6 endings or something).

It's like the beginning of RE, except instead of 2 rooms it's 2 dozen rooms. Seriously, the first 10 minutes is walking around starting a generator or something before you get attacked by the first dinosaur. Other than that, there was plenty of fun buried in there.

...unless it's got some horrendous bugs I'm not remembering or something, I think the majority of the game's problem was subjective (inventory system could have used work).

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    Very good thread, i love my horror games;-).

Heres one i found very interesting, and cant wait for the sequel of.

[Edited in more info]

Penumbra 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penumbra:_Overture
    penumbraboxartyk1.jpg

I've been all over Penumbra ever since the tech demo back in 2006. Overture was cumbersome, but scared and disturbed me like few other games have; like few other games could. I'm eagerly anticipating Black Plague. The demo's due out soon, and I think the game itself is slated for release this month.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Very much looking forward to Fatal Frame 4.

Also: Someone list me all the Surv-Horr games worth playing on the Wii/GC.

Don't forget:

256px-Carrier_Dreamcast_cover.jpg

Which was a freebie with my DC and while it had some flaws was all-around an enjoyable romp.

ef_8.JPG

*snicker*

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Few good ones the topic misses:

These two decided horror was more effective if you had no weapons. Imagine that!

box-l.jpg
    51M2AH7S15L._AA280_.jpg

Whatever his more recent game may have been like, Barker's influence certainly worked in this one:

B000056KDW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And, if you're after something a little more child-friendly:

Gregory_Horror_Show_Ps2.jpg

Xagarath on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

But the Cradle level made me poop myself. The beginning part is the most scary. You don't actually encounter anything it's just creepy as hell.

Then there's the freaky undead? straight-out-of-a-Tool-video twitchy nutcase freaks. Fuck, man.

The best part was when I stabbed one of them in back and went in for a closer look thinking it was dead...

Another part that was creepy was the one on the second floor that was flickering the lights on the first floor. I kept moving around inch by inch looking for a guy that wasn't there.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    VytaeVytae Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was getting ready to flame this thread to hell for not having a Clive Barkers Undying reference but lucky someone above mentioned it.

I can only guess that the OP never played it,because thats some seriously freaky (and cool) shit.

Vytae on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Rakai wrote: »

The best part was when I stabbed one of them in back and went in for a closer look thinking it was dead...

Another part that was creepy was the one on the second floor that was flickering the lights on the first floor. I kept moving around inch by inch looking for a guy that wasn't there.

Sure we have the Cradle, but what about the fucking Return to the Cathedral from Thief: TDP??

I played that level in my room, alone, with the lights out and windows shut, at 2 AM the first time. I think you know how that ended.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Rakai wrote: »

Ah yes, I did something like that as well. I backstabbed one of the patients figuring he was dead because I thought they were only insane people, I started picking the lock above the corpse thinking myself safe. Oh the horror. I looked up and then I was all OH MY FUCKING GOD!11!! D: So crazy. I'd really like to see a new Thief game myself, alot of the missions in DS had a creepy vibe to them. Nothing that really compared to the Cradle but the mission where you had to steal from the Widow's mansion had a really spooky feeling to it, it would be cool to see a next gen iteration.

The Return to the Cathedral was also creepy but I didn't play it much, I had to return the game before I had finished that level.

Anyway they've released a Sherlock Holmes/Call of Cthulhu mash up game, how is that? It looks kind of cool. I'm also wanting to pick up Penumbra Overture but I don't know if my computer is you know, not shitty enough to handle it.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    What reviews I have encountered say the Sherlock Holmes/cthulhu game is poor.

I recommend reading Gaiman's A Study in Emerald instead.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have played many horror games, and the only one to ever truly scare me was just the Siren demo. I loaded it up, played it for about 3 minutes, took it out, and destroyed the demo disk. The scariest thing I have ever seen. The atmosphere alone nearly made me piss myself. I got to the first creature, attacked... but it wouldn't die. It turned around and just slowly walked towards me until it had backed me into a corner and there was nothing I could do.

Scary as hell

YardGnome on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Also, you guys don't really want the next-gen Thief that Eidos was working on.

Because the Thief series had always been met with mediocre sales at best, Eidos had a brilliant plan. Garrett's story arc was pretty much over so they had decided to move the series into the modern day in a bid to increase sales and the popularity of the series.

Yeah. Be glad the series is dead.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hm that's a good point. Modern day Thief? What the hell?

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    JJ wrote: »
    Too bad we didn't get Siren 2. I assume it would fix the problems with the first one, including the stupid as hell Brit accents for the localization.

Edit: Also Haunting Ground is pretty creepy. It's like Clock Tower except not point and click and you have a dog. And speaking of dogs there was that other horror game. I forget the title but it had a bunch of little girls as the main characters.

I think it was called Rule of Rose and I heard terrible things.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Phonehand wrote: »
    JJ wrote: »

I think it was called Rule of Rose and I heard terrible things.

It's not actually bad as far as survival horror games. The combat sucks, most of the puzzles are easy and pretty stupid, the story is weird, and the voice acting ranges from okay to abysmal. But it is pretty creepy and unsettling. It suffers from the same problems most survival horror games do, just perhaps worse in some areas.

And at least your character has an excuse for fighting like a little girl given that she is one.

Still, it's not great. There's better games out there and while I don't really regret buying it even though I haven't played it tons, there are better things to spend money on, even in the genre.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    krlkrl Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Project Firestart

The first game I played which really scared me, on the C64. You're a space marine, investigating a spaceship which has gone silent. As you explore the spaceship, you find a lot of dead mutilated crewman, which was scary as hell. Experiment gone horribly wrong, escaped monsters, survivor in the cryosleep, evil bad guy, all that kind of stuff. The game was so big it came on TWO 5" floppy disks! :-)

firestart.jpg

Project_Firestart_ingame2.gif

pf3.gif

pf2.gif

project_firestart_10.gif

25392.png

firestart1.gif

krl on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sanitarium was downright creepy.

screen2.jpg

Though no game was as scary as Hugo's House of Horrors

Game-Hugo1-1.png

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I love horror games because they are pretty much the only genre of games around currently that actively toy with your mind and emotions.

Also I think that horror in gaming has the ability to be pretty much scarier than ANY other medium

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Pancake wrote: »
    Also, you guys don't really want the next-gen Thief that Eidos was working on.

Because the Thief series had always been met with mediocre sales at best, Eidos had a brilliant plan. Garrett's story arc was pretty much over so they had decided to move the series into the modern day in a bid to increase sales and the popularity of the series.

Yeah. Be glad the series is dead.

Splinter Cell already got there.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Though no game was as scary as Hugo's House of Horrors

Game-Hugo1-1.png

oh man, this game.

Was it supposed to be scary? I honestly can't remember.

I got up to the boatman, and one of his questions was 'who wrote dracula?' I asked my dad and he said Bram Stoker, so I said Bram Stoker. It never worked though, and I tried ALOT of different spelling. I really liked that game, too.

up until a month ago I thought Bram Stoker was a woman

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I remember Shadow Man having a number of pretty freaky "dead-side" moments. It was mostly action, but the first mostly action game I remember being genuinely creepy.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    I remember Shadow Man having a number of pretty freaky "dead-side" moments. It was mostly action, but the first mostly action game I remember being genuinely creepy.

The kindergarten/toy room horror themed area was downright horrifying.

With the chainsaw and the pregnant women having the babies sawed out of their stomachs.

Uggh.

The_Scarab on