As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Recommend me a wireless REPEATER with BIG range

AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin KoopantinoRegistered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm shopping around for a new wireless 802.11g repeater before Brawl comes out. You see, my Wii is situated a fair distance from my current wireless router, with a couple walls in between. I can't move them closer together, either. The connection I get now with my Wii is shoddy at best.

Can anyone recommend me a wireless 802.11g repeater with the power and range to give me a good signal on my Wii?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
AbsoluteZero on

• YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You could always buy a cheap router or access point and configure it as a repeater.

YodaTuna on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I actually have another router laying around but I don't know if it can be configured as a repeater... else I probably would.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You will probably need to repeater.

I mean you can probably get your new router to send a strong signal but how will the Wii send a strong signal back?

Blake T on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    You will probably need to repeater.

I mean you can probably get your new router to send a strong signal but how will the Wii send a strong signal back?

....good point.

Okay. Can someone suggest a good repeater?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited February 2008
    I did some digging around but theres no way to get my extra router to act as a repeater... so I'mma have to buy one.

Any suggestions?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I would also really like an answer to this!

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • falsedeffalsedef Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'd just get a wrt54gl, and install dd-wrt.

falsedef on
  • ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    falsedef wrote: »

Yep, this.

Or just a regular WRT54G, you can use the mini-ddwrt install. It has an option to set up the router as a repeater or an access point.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
    edited February 2008
    Zeon wrote: »
    falsedef wrote: »

Yep, this.

Or just a regular WRT54G, you can use the mini-ddwrt install. It has an option to set up the router as a repeater or an access point.

Can you keep current WPA/WPA2 security policies with this?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Can you keep current WPA/WPA2 security policies with this?
    Yep. I have an old WRT54G (something like v2.2) and DD-WRT supports both WPA and WPA2.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer