As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Thread: moar like Waithammer Online

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was just about to post about that.

Reports coming in of a whole bunch of Euros being invited. A whole slew of WHA Euro posters just got invited.
    And it looks like congrats are in order for some folks here too :) .

Now go go more NA invites! :)

Selner on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'll do my best for everyone to make this game bug-free! *salute*

Aldo on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm in too, forgot I'd even tried to get in.

Time to get my green-on.

815165 on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    I'z in too. I'z furgot I'z e'en tried ter git in coz I'z a git.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Your post lacks the requisite WAAAAAAAAAGH!.

This has been remedied.

Oats on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I am not invited to the party

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Time to get my green-on.

As a person spamming refresh on the beta center for.... almost a year now? This post makes me sad panda.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Exarch wrote: »

Time to get my green-on.

As a person spamming refresh on the beta center for.... almost a year now? This post makes me sad panda.

More than
    Look, I'm not going to break the NDA shit, but I'm done with this game.

"I got in! Fuck this isn't a finished free game. I quit" in less than 4 hours

narv107 on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have a friend who got accepted into the beta the very first month newsletter invites went out and he threw it out because we were playing WoW at the time.

Fucking fool.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Someone actually wrote that, Narv? Was this really 4 hours after the invites went out? :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    it's on this very page

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Exarch wrote: »

Time to get my green-on.

Sorry, I'm just forgetful. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    it's on this very page
    Teaches me to not read over everything PotU says. <_<

Aldo on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I wish I was in. but not really. because I'm almost 50 in lotro

still waiting for the instances to get non shitty

goblin town is the worst dungeon in the history of mmo's

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    RhakaRhaka Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fuck yes, I got into the EU beta.

Fuck no, I can't remember my login password.

Fuck no, or my secret question.

Fuck no, and my computer is kind of broken.

D:

Rhaka on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ITT Rhaka fails miserably.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Rhaka je bent een sukkelaar. D:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    picard-facepalm.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NONE OF THAT FOREIGN CRAP

Even though i know what Aldo is saying BUT STILL

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    omg hes posting CP

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    RhakaRhaka Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oh god please tell me there's support to contact or something because otherwise I might have to amputate my dick. Aargh.

Rhaka on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Post pictures when you do, Rhaka.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, those Age of Conan videos? Somebody needs to tell EA Mythic to release some shit like that.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    defrag wrote: »
    So, those Age of Conan videos? Somebody needs to tell EA Mythic to release some shit like that.

Dude seriously. I mean it's like I got engaged to WAR and then I chatted up some AoC and really liked how I felt around it. Don't get me wrong, I love WAR, but there's something about AoC that just makes me want to spend more time with it.

Ash-Housewares on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have to admit, Age of Conan is kind of beating WARs ass for style so far. Those trailers are mind blowingly epic, if we're both thinking of the "Let me tell you of my days of glory" one.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I have no intention to only try one of the two hueg MMO releases this year.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Arsenic CanaryArsenic Canary A Whirlwind of Joy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    I have to admit, Age of Conan is kind of beating WARs ass for style so far. Those trailers are mind blowingly epic, if we're both thinking of the "Let me tell you of my days of glory" one.

I think that the immense hype that WAR has built up around itself is starting to become its greatest enemy. It came on to the scene with an explosive entrance, declaring that it was going to fuckstart the genre into some sort of MMO nirvanna. Since that delcaration, they've made dozens of high-quality videos that mostly focus on the (always entertaining) Paul Barnett using flashy catchphrases at a million-words-per-minute.

Had the game come out "on time", I don't think this would be a problem. However, the release date has continued to slip, and it's hard to keep up that kind of momentum. People have started to ask for more information, preferably in terms that aren't couched in the words "cool" or "awesome", and they haven't really been getting answers.

I know that amongst my friends, when the game was first announced, there was a unianimous "FUCK YES! I'm in from day one, bitch! WAAAAAGH!" from all parties. Ask them now, and the majority of them say, "Eh, I'll wait and see if they screw it up."

Yes, yes, I know it's still in closed beta. This isn't really a discussion on the quality of the game, but rather the unforseen side-effects of letting loose with the Hype Machine.

Just my 2cp. I'm still really looking forward to it, but I'm definitely not all hyped-up anymore.

Arsenic Canary on
    Steam: arsenic_canary
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    In terms of video hype Conan has destroyed WAR for sure. I just watched a few new Conan ones that I have never seen and saw for myself.

WAR wouldn't be on the "wait and see if they fuck up" front if there wasn't such huge beta dick fuckery and they could produce some rvr siege info/video. I really hope the cash infusion isn't going to their heads and they don't try to take on the world and still release some sort of a playable game.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    What I saw of AoC in that german video was enough to get me to at least try it. It looked neato.

I want to be some kind of Stygian necromantic fuck who kills virgins and has a giant ape wearing a red cloak in my tower.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I hate to say it but man, AOC played their hand perfectly. It's one big poker game. They drew 4 aces to Barnett's two pair and stole as much thunder as hype as they could putting out more information then I would of expected to see.

I hate talking about AOC in the WAR thread but man oh man Mythic better light a fire under their asses if they want to stay on top of peoples "Fuck I am so pre-ordering" list or even have people try a free trail. The market is getting saturated to the point where I myself could easily say fuck it, and not even try a game's free trail just because I am pre-occupied with another game.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Conan is sending me a mammoth... what is Mythic giving me?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    AoC looks really fucking amazing. However, I really doubt an MMO can handle graphics of that quality and still get good fps.

Still, the necromancer and fucking amazing sounding demon class are enough for me to shit my pants.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm a retardedly large fan of necromancing in any form, but honestly the Disciple of the Bloody Handed God of Murder or Zealot of the Changer of Ways sounds almost as cool, if not more so.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Except the disciple and zealot are both healers.

Also, they don't specialize in death magic, and the fucking undead or demons etc.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The terrain in AoC is really pretty.

If they capture just a bit of Howard's intensity and some of the creepy, moody settings he had... I really don't know what I'll do. Well... if WAR isn't added to the long list of utterly failed Warhammer games from over the years. If it hits and plays like Mark of Chaos, it'd be an easy choice.

I'd be as worried about it as I was years ago, if it weren't for those damn demos being ridiculously fun.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2008
    The only issue with Age of Conan is that while it looks nice, it is not very fun at all. That may chance when they implement things they promised for the game but have yet to be seen.

Warhammer on the other hand, doesn't look as nice (right now at least), but going only off of what I have played at conventions, is extremely fun to play, especially the PvP, which is of course the driving reason to go after either game right now.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    How is AoC not fun? (or at least looking like it will be.)

I mean, some of the videos have shown pretty stiff looking combat, but so have WAR's videos. I have to admit that that german video has pushed AoC up to "most anticipated" spot for me for the first time in 6 months. The mounted combat, and just the mounted running around looks like a fucking blast! And the city building looks pretty awesome too.

Oh and the graphics looked a million miles ahead of what WAR deems to show us. Hopefully it will be a kick up the bum for mythic and they'll start releasing some decent looking footage rather than stuff where you have to keep repeating to yourself "it's only in beta, it won't look this shit on release".

Lly on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's important to rememeber that FunCom is behind AoC. While it looks pretty, I have a bit of fear that it will pass for anything but fluid in the control department.

None of the games I have played by them can be considered to be the pinnicle of a smooth user interface.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    AOC looks pretty. I don't think you can discern either way right now whether the game is fun.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2008
    Warhammer is starting to remind me very much of Shadowbane in that it was extremely fun to play (because of the PvP), but 99.9% of the people playing were unenthusiastic about its graphics.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I hope both games will be incredible

So I can alternate between them in the future when I get bored of one :winky:

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.