As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please delete

124»

• Options
    MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This strip from last week might be mildly relevant around here. Let me know what you think. Some times I feel like my joke delivery isn't as good as it could be.

2010-02-12-Strip%2012_Tom_Clancy_Is_Full_Of_Shit_web.jpg

I think if I wouldn't have titled it "Tom Clancy is Full of Shit" it would be funnier, just because that's kind of the punch line given away in the beginning.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    retitle it thoughts on tom clancy

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah that would probably work better, unfortunately it's already been up for a few days and I'm actually on Strip #13 now.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think the last speech bubble should be shortened to "Tom Clancy is full of shit."

The rest of that speech bubble is inferred and I think it takes too long to get to the joke...yeah I know how ADD that sounds.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2010
    I see what you're saying, I agree it could be shortened and still work well.

I decided to make a "Special Edition" strip for #15 next week to celebrate my 50,000 page hits. Also, it will further flex my art-cock so people don't think the regular strip is all I'm capable of.

I haven't started inking yet, let me know what you think of the pencils while I devise an ink plan of attack. (I fuck ink up very easily if I don't properly plan it out.)
    Strip-X_Special-Edition-Pencils_small.jpg

What ever happened to the inking thread? That thing was the shit. This would be great to see other people's inks on.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think Metal might appreciate this:

2010-02-19-Strip%2014_The_MrE_Mystery_I_web.jpg

This is a 100% true story.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Inks anyone?

Strip-15_X_EDITION_INK_edited_small.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Edit:
    Done by hand with Microns, Prismacolor markers, and brush w/ speedball India ink. Original size is 10"x15"

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That piece is suffering from an advanced case of halo-itis. Its a condition where the artist feels nervous to really use his blacks and preserves the lines from the sketch by creating thin white halos around each line. Except all it really does is mess with the mass of shadows and creating eye confusing islands of black everywhere.

Unify unify unify!

Example of blacking done right:
    MignolaMike_hellboyblitz_sm.jpg

Notice that except for a few carefully planned areas, he 'lost' his lines and let the shadows shapes speak for themselves.

A quick paintover of your piece:
    marinep.jpg

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh I see. You're absolutely right, I don't really consider myself to be the best inker in the world, so when I do it I'm pretty nervous about messing things up so I tend to highlight everything. In my defense though, I was actually trying to add a little bit of bounced light from the wall to his left, which is being blasted by the sun. Though, I do think I may have overdid it.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg