Options

What's the best SWAG you got at a previous PAX?

2»

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I always thought it was Stuff we all get.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wiki sez: "these items are also referred to by the slang terms swag (probably from the British usage of the word meaning "stolen goods" or "loot"[1])"

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Even though the guy made me do push-ups for it, that Mass Effect shirt from last year. Fits me so well. Love it.

Lail on
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    He made you do pushups? That's awesome.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Lail wrote: »
    Even though the guy made me do push-ups for it, that Mass Effect shirt from last year. Fits me so well. Love it.

I remember seeing someone do that. might of been you but im probably wrong.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    ploogleploogle Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I couldn't do a pushup to save my life. Seriously. How many did you have to do? I might have no choice if I want to get all the swag I can...

ploogle on
    If you can't handle me at my Worcestershire, you don't deserve me at my Bestershire.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2008
    Man, I used to do push-ups all the time a few years ago. I've really fallen out of it though.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't think I could do a push-up unless it was for a free T-Shirt. I could probably do three at that point... but they'd be pushing it if they tried to make me do five. No T-Shirt is worth five push-ups.

On a side note, I'm glad the draft hasn't been instituted. I'd drop dead before I even got shipped out.

Hopefully this "do physical labor in exchange for shirts" won't spread as a concept. I'll humiliate myself publicly if need be as an alternative. Give me a microphone, a karaoke machine, and some free T-Shirts and I'll sing any song off-key that you want. ;)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ploogle wrote: »
    I couldn't do a pushup to save my life. Seriously. How many did you have to do? I might have no choice if I want to get all the swag I can...

He only asked for like 10 I think...maybe 20. But on the last one he sat on my back to make things difficult....

It was all worth it.

Lail on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ya see... I can do about 17 or so.

Here's hoping for 10!

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Pax 2005 - Star Wars Galaxies strategy guide, which I got signed by mc chris that night! booyah!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    ArtArt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I didn't get a whole lot of swag...not sure how some people ended up with so much!
    Basically I got an Attack of the Bacon Robots poster from the welcome bag which is still on my wall, and a beta starter pack from some crappy card game which which I cannot even remember the name of.

Art on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A PS3. :D

(+ an extra controller and 6 games.. two were unreleased at the time)

and I wear my "support piracy" shirt all the time! Which reminds me, I always thought of swag as a pirate word similar to loot or booty.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2008
    bender-swagness.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    bender-swagness.jpg

mini piano and all?!

oh, btw, just remembered, pax 06, i got a ds and star fox adventures for answering how many buttons on an atari jaguar control in that trivia game.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.