As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sony Vegas

dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
Hi, im new here, blah blah... on to business

I got sony vegas to play around with it a little after learning a bit about windows movie maker, and deciding i wanted something more robust...

I get it, install it, and then attempt to edit a .mpg file. However, it says it cannot open it because its an unusable format or something to that affect. I got a program called GSpot that told me it was encoded with MPEG-1. apparently vegas can do MPEG-2, but not 1...

Does anyone know what i might need? Or how i can get it to work?

Any advice/help will be appreciated

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
dav3yb on

• Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm no expert but surely there's software that's better than something written by Sony of all people. I mean, games aside, their software is gash.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm not a big video guy but maybe google for Mpeg 1 convert Mpeg 2 and maybe something will turn up.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Also try searching for a MPEG 1 plug-in for Vegas.
    That's the thing that bugs me about Vegas, Sound Forge, and Acid. You get the program but then you need 400 different plug-ins to get the program functioning to the level you want.

Bolthorn on