As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need web help: Green Bay Packers

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a number of autgraphed Monopoly games signed by some former Green Bay Packer players. Now I have to find out who actually signed them so we can throw them in the inventory. Does anyone know of a site that has a roster of everyone who's played for the Packers, hopefully sorted by the number they played under? All I can find are current rosters.

Magic Pink on

• Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well... their site has an all-time roster, but you can't search by number (can search by name, year, position, #games played) http://www.packers.com/history/all_time_roster/

If you have an idea of when it was signed you could use that to narrow down the year.

Daenris on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    All I know is that it was probably 99 and later. That's it.

Fuck, these guys can't write clearly to save their lives. I can't make out any of these sigs except for the fucking number.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    oncelingonceling Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I assume some of the numbers will help you but I recommend searching eBay for signed trading cards the players have issued once you've got a roster (which I can't help with, sorry). The cards often have close ups of the signatures that you can use for comparison. It might take a while but if they sign poorly once, generally they always do.

onceling on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You can go to the GB Packer's forum and take a picture of the box and have those guys point out a few of the names in the very least. Football fans are more hardcore than video game fans.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The problem with trying to do it just by numbers is that numbers get reused, so there will be multiple players that have had a particular number (unless it's been retired).

onceling has a good thought about searching for other signed merchandise and trying to compare signatures.

Daenris on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    No, I don't have a camera. And unless I can get a roster with numbers I fear I'm going to be rather SOL.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Daenris wrote: »
    The problem with trying to do it just by numbers is that numbers get reused, so there will be multiple players that have had a particular number (unless it's been retired).

onceling has a good thought about searching for other signed merchandise and trying to compare signatures.

It's tough but it's better to pick between 3 or 4 names then an entire roster.

Onceling's idea won't work. I'd have to search every name in the roster from 1990 on and I don't have the time to do that.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I need this done today. I'm not going to order a book.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    SON OF A BITCH I GOT IT

They're all from the team that won Super Bowl XXXI!

I A WINNA

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Haha, nice!

urahonky on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So you have stuff signed by Andre Rison, Frank Winters, Chewie, Tony, Brett, Reggie, LeRoy and the bunch?

D:D::DD:

Where do you work?

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    It's all Monopoly games. You wouldn't want them.

And they're for "High Value Customer Events".

Magic Pink on