Options

[Chat]orable!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dammit, I slipped back in points and got the lousiest hand yet.

Elendil on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Elendil's got an impressive word-hoard.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    questionabledudequestionabledude Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I can't believe Mitt Romney withdrew from the race.
    He had no shot at winning. May as well save some monies.

Tell that to Ross Perot twenty years ago.

questionabledude on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Isn't there poker on facebook? I would be much better at poker, methinks.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Mitt Romney is a smarter man than Ross Perot.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008

Ross Perot had a swimming pool full of gold coins, so uh, it didn't really matter to him.

Medopine on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oh man, I almost gave out access to like the best block on the board.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Church wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I really, really hate Star Wars.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

OH HELLS YA, HE DONE DID

I'm going to find you, and I'm going to sneak into your house, and I'm going to eat all of your food and shit in your PC.

Hey Church.
    My sig is for you.
    It's kind of like a valentine card. It contains a pop culture icon, poor composition, and a promise of cock.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    celery77 wrote: »

Yeah, but what's the point if it's fake money?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2008

I don't know how to play it. Maybe it'll be a good place for me to learn, and you could get a bit of revenge, eh?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Well, it would be something I would not be terrible at.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Poker requires either money or redeemable vouchers for chores|candy|dickings.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Elki wrote: »

I don't know how to play it. Maybe it'll be a good place for me to learn, and you could get a bit of revenge, eh?
    Yeah, sometime soon, not tonight. I'm not great or anything, but I'm not terrible either.

• Options
    edited February 2008

Mitt Romney is a smarter man than Ross Perot.

Yes. And he needs that money for his '12 campaign.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I enjoy poker as long as it's anything but Texas fucking Hold'em.

I hate Texas Hold'em with a fucking passion.

Feral on

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Midnight Baseball! I really like 7-card stud games.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    From Aegeri

arounddunedin005.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, Alethcar and Feral -- you guys are the jerks that just like to bet like assholes and win big every once in a while when the cards come your way. They made slots for you guys, the rest of us like playing cards.

• Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

You know what game I hate? Omaha hi-low. That game is harsh. I like 7-card stud, though. It's good random fun.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oh shit, it's on!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

You know what game I hate? Omaha hi-low. That game is harsh. I like 7-card stud, though. It's good random fun.

I love hi-low. You're a bad person.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, Alethcar and Feral -- you guys are the jerks that just like to bet like assholes and win big every once in a while when the cards come your way. They made slots for you guys, the rest of us like playing cards.

Playing Hold'em casually is really pretty boring, I think that games like Midnight Baseball, Pass the Trash, High-Low Chicago, and so on are all much more fun to play with friends, partly because of the luck factor and it leading to great stories. Hell, even Acey-Deucey is fun that way.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    My only knowledge of Texas Hold'em is of it being played while I pass out in a chair from boredom and lingering pot smoke.

--

Also: Church, now you know why I did not use that spot earlier. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

Playing Hold'em casually is really pretty boring, I think that games like Midnight Baseball, Pass the Trash, High-Low Chicago, and so on are all much more fun to play with friends, partly because of the luck factor and it leading to great stories. Hell, even Acey-Deucey is fun that way.
    Yeah, you're the type of person I don't like playing cards with.

I like variations, but I don't like variations where the only real point is to make money move around the table.

• Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Church wrote: »
    I really, really hate Star Wars.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

OH HELLS YA, HE DONE DID

I'm going to find you, and I'm going to sneak into your house, and I'm going to eat all of your food and shit in your PC.

Hey Church.
    My sig is for you.
    It's kind of like a valentine card. It contains a pop culture icon, poor composition, and a promise of cock.

[strike]Were I single[/strike] you'd have me in a heartbeat.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008

I like variations, but I don't like variations where the only real point is to make money move around the table.

We should play cards.

Because I frigging hate gambling.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Yeah, celery -- you're the guy who likes to jump to conclusions and hold strident opinions on stuff you know nothing about.

Power is a game of managed risk. If you're not playing for something with value, then the risk is skewed. Play is overly aggressive, there is no longer any reason to bluff (which is, y'know, the majority of strategy), and even if you do bluff there is no reason not to call your opponent on it every time. Playing just for 'points' or chips messes up the strategy. If you want to just "play cards" just get some rolls of change and do penny ante. If you're too cheap to spend $20 on a night of fun with your friends then maybe you should just stay home and watch Scrubs reruns.

Feral on

• Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The latest A Softer World is pretty good.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hm. That agnosticism thread is a great reminder about why I hate debating labels.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not really a card-player, and when I play I refuse to play with anything in dollar amounts, just the nickel-dime-quarter stuff. To me, it's mostly the social aspect that's really enjoyable, and I think that losing anything more than that bowl of pocket change you have in your room really ruins that. So if you play cards seriously (and I do understand that, as a game of bluffing and so on, Texas Hold'em succeeds) you probably don't wanna play with me.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    this is why durak is the only truly worthwhile card game

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    My issue with Texas Hold'em isn't with the game itself. It's an okay ruleset - a little boring, but not too bad.

My issue is that it's gotten way out of control popular because of TV and online poker. It's like a song that's gotten played out on the radio; it's like people claiming they like hip-hop when the only hip-hop album they own is Quality Control. If Texas Hold'em is what got you into the game, that's fine. Just don't act like a little bitch if somebody suggests a hand of (gasp omg i'm getting vapors) seven-card stud or something.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Oboro wrote: »

Is that a game involving gold-pressed latinum?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »

Is that a game involving gold-pressed latinum?

Hyoo-man play dom-jott?

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2008

Yeah, celery -- you're the guy who likes to jump to conclusions and hold strident opinions on stuff you know nothing about.

Power is a game of managed risk. If you're not playing for something with value, then the risk is skewed. Play is overly aggressive, there is no longer any reason to bluff (which is, y'know, the majority of strategy), and even if you do bluff there is no reason not to call your opponent on it every time. Playing just for 'points' or chips messes up the strategy. If you want to just "play cards" just get some rolls of change and do penny ante. If you're too cheap to spend $20 on a night of fun with your friends then maybe you should just stay home and watch Scrubs reruns.
    No Feral, I have done the majority of my card-playing for real, hard, cash -- not extravagant amounts, but $20 was pretty standard. It pissed me off when we'd play dealer's choice, and some smart-ass would call some stupid game that had nothing to do with strategy, and everything to do with who got what wilds, and which drunk asshole was going to call no matter what, thus giving one player a huge stack of chips earned on a hand that was basically equivalent to pulling the handle on a slot machine, which they were then able to ride through the games that actually allow one to manage one's risk.

Baseball, high-low games, bizarre stud variations, some retarded stuff like "elevator" or whatever weird, made up, silly games there are -- those are for people who like basing their games on luck. I like my cards with a mixture of strategy and luck. Fucking "nuts" or "guts" or "drop 'em" or whatever it's called -- hate that one. A good rule of thumb is that if it takes you longer to explain the rules than it does to deal, I'm not interested in playing.

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm a massive fan of euchre, but that's probably because I'm from Michigan.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Baseball, high-low games, bizarre stud variations, some retarded stuff like "elevator" or whatever weird, made up, silly games there are -- those are for people who like basing their games on luck. I like my cards with a mixture of strategy and luck. Fucking "nuts" or "guts" or "drop 'em" or whatever it's called -- hate that one. A good rule of thumb is that if it takes you longer to explain the rules than it does to deal, I'm not interested in playing.

I agree with you on this.
    You totally jumped to a conclusion based on what I said.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Huh.

We have some interesting words in our scrabble game.

I've managed to line Women and Milkier up. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I went with D2 and Gin and Tonics. I had fun due to a non asshole I was playing with.

Plus the Pixies just came up on the mix. Live. I love Kim Deal.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I'm a massive fan of euchre, but that's probably because I'm from Michigan.

Isn't that a color? Wait, thats Ochre. What's euchre like?

Alecthar on
This discussion has been closed.