As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

dating questions yarrr

eggsareexcellenteggsareexcellent Registered User new member
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
so, at the beginning of the year i met this girl at one of the events for freshmen. We got along pretty well, and when classes started we had a 3 hour class together. We sat together sometimes, but usually I sat with some of my other friends who I live near. This semester we don't have any classes together, but she has several classes near mine so i see her a couple of times a week at least walking to and from class. We always at least say hi, and are generally friendly.

Anyway, I'd like to get to know her better, but don't really know how to go about it. Given how well we know each other, would it be creepy to ask her to lunch or something? I kind of took the fact that she's still always friendly to me when we see each other to mean she at least thinks I'm an alright guy, because (at least for me) there are lots of people who I know better than her who I don't really say hi to anymore.

So, would it be creepy to ask her (probably to lunch or dinner somewhere around campus)?

eggsareexcellent on

• UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    No, it wouldn't.

UnknownSaint on
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    No, it wouldn't.

Black Ice on
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Why would it be creepy?

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    To quote a person from another thread:
    How many of these threads can be solved with "ask her out already".

It seems like most of the people posting these threads act as if a date is some sacred ritual in which you will be bound to this person for all eternity. Dates are just a way to get to know the other person and hopefully have a good time. The more you go on, the less "scary" they will be.
    So...just ask her already.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's really not creepy at all. I'm sure she goes for lunch with platonic male friends all the time.

If you ask her out and she says no, I doubt anything bad will happen to your relationship.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178