As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2007 in Review

HenslerHensler Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Graphic Violence
So I just got back into the States, after spending 13 months away. And I have no idea where to even start with getting caught up on all the stories I missed. I'm going to jump straight into buying my favorite ongoings from before with this month issues, but what are the best back issues from 2007? I've heard about the big stories - World War Hulk, Sinestro Corps, what they did to cap, etc - but I'm sure there are a lot that slipped through the cracks.

Anybody know of a good 2007 review feature? Just to give you an idea of the time frame when I left, Civil War was just wrapping up, and I was really looking forward to the premier of Mighty Avengers and the new Thunderbolts. On the DC side of the house, I remember being a few issues into All-Star Superman and loving it, and Action Comics had a storyline coming up with Richard Donner that I was excited about. I can't even remember what I was reading from DH and Image or any of the indies when I left. So... what did I miss in the past year that I have to read?

Oh, and while I'm bugging you - are any of the new animated films as good as Timm-verse DC? I saw Doomsday and New Frontier and Suncoast but held off on buying them. What about the Marvel animated - Dr. Strange looks fun. Anything else I missed?

Hensler on

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2008
    Doomsday was enjoyable. New Frontier doesn't come out until the 26th (and it's good)

I don't believe the Richard Donner Action Comics story is finished; I think it's going to be finished in an annual.

Sinestro Corps was amazing (buy my comics), Booster Gold got an on-going that's the best, Countdown is balls terrible, and Ultimate Spider-Man is the only thing I read in Marvel

(buy my comics)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Immortal Iron Fist is amazing. Annihilation was good stuff.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2008

you forgot to mention black summer

we need the douglas danger trifecta

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Oh, thank so sir. I read the first 2 issues of Iron Fist but forgot all about it. I heart Fraction. And I just finished Annihilation - one of the first things I picked up this weekend. Good call, I like your style.

Hensler on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Doktor Sleepless

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    captainamerica25naa.jpg

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cap died?

Holy shit. How come no one told me about this?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    God, less of the spoilers guys!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Okay, so I'm working my way through the DC titles I was reading before I left. Sinestro Wars is really good, but I took a break from that to read the Flash. And regarding Bart...

WHAT THE FUCK DC?

Was that supposed to serve some sort of purpose? I thought Kyle Rayner was getting screwed over, but... jeez. Sorry, that pissed me off enough that I needed to rant.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Apparently Bart's "story" isn't over yet. Dan DiDio hinted at that, and there was that mystery person that the Lightning-Saga-Legion kidnapped the same time Bart died/Wally came back

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fear not, in the year of our Lord two thousand and seven, comic books did not suddenly make death actually matter.

Caveman Paws on