Options

Cross-Country Supertrip 2006 [LOOK HERE]

14567810»

• Options
    Grimblade2401Grimblade2401 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'll be leaving here in a few minutes, once I get the last few things packed. I am so psyched for this whole thing, I can barely think straight! Can't wait to meet up with the rest of you at Rushmore!

Grimblade2401 on
    Stop reading my signature or I'll eat your brain.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Rapid City's Rushmore Mall has wireless access. And since it's the only mall in a 400 mile radius, [insert witty comment].

I hope I can cheer you all on at Mt. Rushmore. I think I'll bring an autograph book.

edit1:

Gotta go home nad change then I'm gonna try to hit up the supertrip at mt rushmore. maybe I can update for them :p

edit2:

I met them. Just barely. Almost got in my car to leave when I noticed... a group of tall, skinny pale guys. With 1 or 2 big guys. :o

So I got lucky and caught up with them. Good times. We saw a mountain goat with baby and took bets for who would tackle one. Someone even said for a couple $20's he'd pick up the baby goat and throw it at the momma goat.

Bad news, though. I won't go into detail, because I don't know the details. But there's currently 6 cars on the trip, and 2 of them are missing. One's lost, the other's delayed. But the four remaining cars are going on strong. They left with a 900mile trip until their next break in Idaho where they'll meet the rest of their group.

Good luck guys!

Pictures to come when I upload them.

edit3:

paxroadtrip1.jpg

paxroadtrip2.jpg

paxroadtrip3.jpg

paxroadtrip4.jpg

paxroadtrip5.jpg

paxroadtrip6.jpg

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    From the lack of updates, I guess everyone's brakes failed, and they all ran in to the Pacific ocean.

Or they made it and are tired.

Either way, it should be interesting.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    jonxp wrote:
    From the lack of updates, I guess everyone's brakes failed, and they all ran in to the Pacific ocean.

Or they made it and are tired.

Either way, it should be interesting.
    They made it and all attended Las Magaritas Party with Snakes on a Plane after. Well, I think some skipped the movie because you know, they were kinda like, um, tired from driving for 3 days straight. :o

But it's all good. Hoo-ray.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2006
    Everybody is at home and alive, pictures, videos and stories to come, but right now, I need rest.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ArghetlamArghetlam Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    My account is t3h work!

If you guys want, you can pass the video footage my way via whatever form you deem nesseccary and I can put it together. I do a fair amount of video editing in my spare time, so I can probably put something pretty flashy together.

If you want, of course.

Oh, and it was great "wardriving" with you, even if it WAS the last two hundred some odd mile stretch one way. Looking forward to it again next year!

Arghetlam on
    "Music trancends time." - Dave Wakeley
    "When pirates and ninjas fight, everyone wins." -Tycho
    The new, improved One Shots Website
    Proud Wardriver from the Cross Country Super Trip '06!
    Proud Iron Smogger for 2008
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    CCST Arrival Pic

CIMG2891.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited September 2006
    Photos from Mt. Rushmore

CIMG2805.jpg

Deep Diver
    CIMG2810.jpg

Buick #2
    CIMG2809.jpg

T2K
    CIMG2807.jpg

and more pics from after

CIMG2835.jpg
    CIMG2817.jpg
    CIMG2833.jpg
    CIMG2847.jpg
    CIMG2849.jpg

ARRIVAL!
    CIMG2888.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    CIMG2847.jpg

Oh look... there are the only two guys who know how to drive a stick shift...

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Qs23 wrote:
    CIMG2847.jpg

Oh look... there are the only two guys who know how to drive a stick shift...
    Oh, I know how to drive stick. . .but a trip from CdA to Ellensburg in second wouldn't have made my car happy. . .clutch broke. Not happy time.

Arghetlam on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    What's up, my peoples. We're currently working on some new site goodness for the CCST in order to showcase our pictures and video. Meanwhile, feel free to check out my http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/moe_fwacky/CCST_PAX06/ and feel free to link to your own collection of madness. Once the new site is up, I'll be moving hosting of all my imagery to the CCST server, and all of you are free to do the same (including video!). Also, once the new site is up, we will begin preliminary planning for next year, including announcing the new route. Once all that happens, we will also move from this thread to a fresh one for CCST07.

A couple notes for next year's trip:
    We will be arriving one day earlier than this year (Wednesday instead of Thursday) to make the Supertrip more appealing to potential Enforcers.
    We will be arriving closer to noon and not so close to rush hour as we did this year (I'm thinking about a 1PM local time arrival next year).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited September 2006
    Heh, no pictures on this end, but the Jeep still bears the battle scars - the entire front of it looks like a giant bug splatter.

Lookin' forward to it again, and actually getting involved this time around. I'm already making plans to have myself and the rest of the Marathon Men goin' to PAX.

Looking forward to the video, too.

Arghetlam on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Although I plan on going to PAX next year, if it somehow doesn't turn out I'd like to act as a waystation and throw a big lunch/dinner/breakfast as you all come through.

Because that's how we Nebraskans roll.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Well, since the spam I angered about is deleted, I'll say this.

The CCST07 site is currently under construction and I'll be starting the new thread soon. So stay tuned and junk. Also, one of you modpersons can lock and de-sticky this thread now, I'm sure the same goes for the WCST06 thread.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.