As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Totally Badass Speeches That Rock You

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    HOT JUICY BURGER!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Jimothy wrote: »
    The "This team is perfect" speech from Remember the Titans was great, and I'm sure there's another good one in that movie.
    That movie is so wierd.

I freaking hate football and everything to do with it, yet that movie never fails to have me completely captivated.

Same here. It's one of my favorite movies ever, yet I don't like football.

Jimothy on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Warning, Anime weaboo shit incoming.

Simon wrote:
    "Brother is dead. He's not here anymore! But on my back, and in my heart, he lives on in me! My drill is the one that pieces the heavens! Even if that hole becomes my grave, as long as I break through, I shall be victorious! Who the hell do you think I am?! I'm Simon! I'm not my brother Kamina! I am myself! Simon the digger!"
    Honestly, about 90% of that show is basically people saying and doing incredibly badass things with giant robots. I love it so much.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Also,

Shakespeare, Henry V, Agincourt.

NotASenator on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    has this is sparta been mentioned yet

because this

is

SPAAAARTAAAAAA

no, and there was a reason

waiting for me to do it right I assume

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited February 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Simon wrote:
    "Brother is dead. He's not here anymore! But on my back, and in my heart, he lives on in me! My drill is the one that pieces the heavens! Even if that hole becomes my grave, as long as I break through, I shall be victorious! Who the hell do you think I am?! I'm Simon! I'm not my brother Kamina! I am myself! Simon the digger!"
    Honestly, about 90% of that show is basically people saying and doing incredibly badass things with giant robots. I love it so much.

Everyone should watch that show because it is so ridiculously awesome and over the top you can't not like it.

PiptheFair on
  • NondocNondoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ9YuYayfIg

From Glengarry Glen Ross

Also it's Alec Baldwin which is cool I guess

Nondoc on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    A man lit three candles on a certain day each year. Each
    candle held symbolic significance: one was for the time that
    had passed before he was alive; one was for the time of the
    his life; and one was for time that passed after he had died.
    Each year the man would stare and watch the candles until they
    had burned out.

Was the man really watching time go by in any symbolic sense?
    He thought so. He thought that each flicker of the flame was
    a moment of time that had passed or one that would pass.

At the moment of abstraction, when the man was imagining his
    life and his existence as a metaphor of the three candles,
    he was free: not free from rules of conduct or social
    constraints, but free to understand, to imagine, to make
    metaphor.

The candles burn out for you; I am free.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Soon, you will be going farther afield.

Does the distance one travels from center make one more free
    to move?

No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as
    metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course,
    the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom,
    as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning.
    Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Did anyone post the Im Mad as Hell speech from Network yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

cause its pretty awesome.

Lardalish on
    edited February 2008
    We are Zion...and we are not afraaaaaaaaaaaaid!

(orgy dance party scene)

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited February 2008
    Richard Baxton piloted his Recon Rover into a fungal vortex and held off four waves of mind worms, saving an entire colony. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character with a multi-tiered media campaign: televids, touchbooks, holos, psi-tours-- the works. People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers.
    Optical computers, genetic catalogs, nanorepair modules--forget all of that. It's when you see a megaton of steel suspended over your head by a thread the thickness of a human hair that you really find God in technology.
    Begin with a function of arbitrary complexity. Feed it values, "sense data". Then, take your result, square it, and feed it back into your original function, adding a new set of sense data. Continue to feed your results back into the original function ad infinitum. What do you have? The fundamental principle of human consciousness

So, this is Dr. Freeman... at last. I wish I could say this was a pleasant surprise, but it's neither a surprise nor, as you will surely agree, very pleasant. Well, I'm nothing if not pragmatic.

Well, Dr. Freeman, under other circumstances I like to think we might have been able to work together in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. Certainly judging from your brief tenure at Black Mesa, while I was its administrator, you showed every promise of becoming a valuable and productive contributor to the scientific process. And yet, I'm not sure what spurred you to it, but there is really no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist.

Your mentors are partly to blame, of course; my disappointment in Eli Vance and Isaac Kleiner is far greater than my sorrow over your unfortunate choice of career path. In a way I suppose you could not have done otherwise. Who knows what seeds of iconoclasm they planted when you were young and gullible? But while they certainly share a great part of the responsibility, for the recent troubles, it is you alone who have chosen to act with such willful disregard for humanity's future.

Tell me, Dr. Freeman, if you can: you have destroyed so much — what is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing? ... I thought not.

I have laid the foundation for humanity's survival, and not as we have narrowly defined ourselves but as something greater than we could ever imagine, something that we can now only begin to glimpse.

Look, Gordon, look at what you are throwing away. Is it worth it?
    Dr. Freeman... I realize this moment may not be the most convenient for a heart-to-heart, but I had to wait until your... friends were otherwise occupied. There was a time they cared nothing for Ms. Vance; when their only experience of humanity was a crow-bar coming at them down a steel corridor. When I plucked her from Black Mesa, I acted in the face of objections that she was a mere child and of no practical use to anyone. I have learned to ignore such nay-sayers when quelling them... was out of the question. Still, I am not one to squander my investments and I remain confident she was worth far more than the initial... appraisal. That's why I must now... extract from you some small repayment owed for your own survival. See her safely to White Forest, Dr. Freeman. I wish I could do more than keep an eye on you, but I have agreed to abide by certain restrictions. [To Alyx, who is unconcious] Well, now listen carefully my dear. When you see your... father, relay these words: "Prepare for unforeseen consequences."

PiptheFair on
    edited February 2008
    Lardalish wrote: »
    Did anyone post the Im Mad as Hell speech from Network yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

cause its pretty awesome.

the comments are the worst things ever

PiptheFair on
  • misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Geek wrote: »
    I've never actually caught any of Barack's speeches.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-iVAPH_EcmQ

here's a recent one

Wow, can this man speak! I felt like I was gearing up for a sporting event watching that!

misbehavin on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    so what does freeman get extracted from him

and why didn't he tell anyone about this

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Also any line from Bill the Butcher (Gangs of New York) is gold:

"I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth. You can build your filthy world without me. I took the father. Now I'll take the son. You tell young Vallon I'm gonna paint Paradise Square with his blood. Two coats. I'll festoon my bedchamber with his guts. As for you, Mr. Tammany-fucking-Hall, you come down to the Points again, and you'll be dispatched by my own hand. Get back to your celebration and let me eat in peace."

"Here's the thing... I don't give a tuppenny fuck about your moral conundrum, you meat-headed shit-sack... That's pretty much the thing. "

Bill: "You. Whatever your name is... what is your name? "
    Amsterdam Vallon:" Amsterdam, sir. "
    Bill: "Amsterdam... I'm New York... don't you never come in here empty handed again, you gotta pay for the pleasure of my company. "

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I said Alpha Centauri was awesome.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
    edited February 2008
    PiptheFair on
    edited February 2008
    Gangs of New York is a mediocre movie but the butcher was the fucking shit. DDL is the fucking man.

Butters on
  • MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Gangs of New York is a mediocre movie but the butcher was the fucking shit. DDL is the fucking man.

I liked Gangs of New York, not the best Scorcese film though... and Bill The Butcher is one of my favorite characters in movie history.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • skinny87skinny87 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sil is badass

skinny87 on
    edited February 2008
    skinny87 wrote: »
    Sil is fat

PiptheFair on
  • NondocNondoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE

Nondoc on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NotASenator on
    edited February 2008
    Butters wrote: »

I liked Gangs of New York, not the best Scorcese film though... and Bill The Butcher is one of my favorite characters in movie history.

It's a movie with a mediocre script and storyline that features fantastic acting and directing.

Butters on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    lla-plgu_10.png
    lla-plgu_11.png
    lla-plgu_12.png
    lla-plgu_13.png

Jimothy on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    Iago, from Othello:
    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands:
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.
    when i read othello in my 10th grade lit class, i could only read Iago's lines in Gilbert Gottfried's voice
    Well, at least I know I'm not the only one.

Der Waffle Mous on
    edited February 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    There Will Be Blood had some pretty fantastic "speeches". I really liked the beginning "I am an oilman" speech and at the very end. "I broke you and I beat you."

And also the Competition dialog.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Simon wrote:

Everyone should watch that show because it is so ridiculously awesome and over the top you can't not like it.

That about sums up what I came into the thread to post.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    skinny87 wrote: »
    Sil is fat

What the hell?

Oh god.

Its true.

Hand me the butter.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    What anime are they talking about?

Big O?

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
    edited February 2008
    Daric wrote: »

Big O?

Gurren Lagann

it's DBZ with giant fighting robots
    only they actually do things

and they never take it seriously

and holy shit it is rad

also Big O is fantastic too

PiptheFair on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Big O is like 95% surreal noir and 5% giant robots. The robots always felt tacked on. Like philosophers were writing each episode and they got to the end and realized they'd forgotten to include the robots, so they concoct some bizarre reason to include a giant robot fight. And then it rains.

Quoth on
  • Han SolomonHan Solomon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Daric wrote: »

Big O?

Gurren Lagann

it's DBZ with giant fighting robots
    only they actually do things

and they never take it seriously

and holy shit it is rad

also Big O is fantastic too

Who's got the highest power level?

Han Solomon on
    edited February 2008
    We're talking about a show where one character is so overwhelmingly cool that he gives his mech its own pair of sunglasses.

Der Waffle Mous on
    edited February 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    Big O is like 95% surreal noir and 5% giant robots. The robots always felt tacked on. Like philosophers were writing each episode and they got to the end and realized they'd forgotten to include the robots, so they concoct some bizarre reason to include a giant robot fight. And then it rains.

you're retarded kill yourself

PiptheFair on
    edited February 2008

[Deleted User] on