Options

The Amazing Spider-Thread

• Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The right choice is Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane

For truth. Only true continuity Spider title these days.
    Sarcasm alert.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Spectacular is pretty bad for the most part. Friendly is good though.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thought it'd be interesting to show this off. Found it in a GameFAQs posting about Spider-Man 3. These two links lead to photos of pages that are supposedlly from the kids' book based off of the movie. The pages shown here are focused on Venom himself.

http://www.krazy-kreations.com/spiderman/book/pg26.jpg
    http://www.krazy-kreations.com/spiderman/book/pg27.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sheesh, see Venom. See Venom murder.

Actually looks pretty cool - Venom seems to have a similar pattern of webs on his body like Spidey does.

But what the hell - wrist webbings? No no. Back of the hand, people. BACK of the HAND.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Spectacular is pretty bad for the most part. Friendly is good though.

Its called Sensational, not Spectacular anymore.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    haha - Venom has black and creepy webs.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    If you haven't seen the action figure of movie Venom then Venom is going to look exactly like Spidey in the black suit but his webbing is distorted and corrupt rather than following the straight pattern of Spidey's outfit. Plus the face obviously. I think he has a big white spider on his chest too but I'm not sure it goes all the way around like comic Ven.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    haha - Venom has black and creepy webs.

I have a feeling that's going to become something like four tens. And that's terrible.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If you haven't seen the action figure of movie Venom then Venom is going to look exactly like Spidey in the black suit but his webbing is distorted and corrupt rather than following the straight pattern of Spidey's outfit. Plus the face obviously. I think he has a big white spider on his chest too but I'm not sure it goes all the way around like comic Ven.

Uhhh there's been a lot of Movie Venom paraphernalia.

He's pretty much regular ol' Venom.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Spoiler Pics Warning! Don't click if you don't wanna see Sideshow's awesome interpretation of movie Venom.

Probably the best look we'll get of the big V till the movie's release.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Spoiler Pics Warning! Don't click if you don't wanna see Sideshow's awesome interpretation of movie Venom.

There's something 'off' about his appearance. I think it's that he doesn't seem... 'bestial' enough. He isn't all hulking and veiny looking.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    well, to be fair, he's coming out of Topher Grace... not a lot of mass to work with there.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited February 2007

There's something 'off' about his appearance. I think it's that he doesn't seem... 'bestial' enough. He isn't all hulking and veiny looking.

It looks like it's based more on the original McFarlane design.

Venom-debut.png

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    it seems to me that the bulky, freaky, cancer-body venom would be mighty hard to make convincing in the context of a live-action film.

edit- although, i think kind of the same thing about sandman, so what the hell do i know

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Mmm, not a -huge- fan. Don't like lack of veins on his legs or the veins on his face. I get that they're trying to pattern them like the webs on Spidey's outfit, but I'd rather they be less organized, more chaotic and organic, and over his entire body. Maybe the lighting is a little too bright.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Mmm, not a -huge- fan. Don't like lack of veins on his legs or the veins on his face. I get that they're trying to pattern them like the webs on Spidey's outfit, but I'd rather they be less organized, more chaotic and organic, and over his entire body. Maybe the lighting is a little too bright.

I think it looks pretty good. Definitely more in line with the "realistic" aesthetic of the movie.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have no problems with that

looks great

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Movie Venom gets two thumbs up from me. You have to expect a little change here and there with the look of these characters. Personally the only thing I would change on Venom is reduce some of the "webbing" on the suit, especially the face, it's too much.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I..uh...don't link to IGN like, ever. But having watched adjective-less Spider-Man back in the day, I can say I'd like to see this one a helluva lot as it seems it might take a Ultimate Spider-Man approach:
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/769/769212p1.html

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited March 2007
    whatever happened to that fantastic four cartoon

I saw, like, one episode of it

ever

Whippy on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I just finished reading Spider-man:Blue again.

It still makes me tear up. Its the MJ line on the final page that does it.... "Say Hi for me too...."

-edit-

Just saw this preview from ASM 539

amazing-spider-man-20070228065725582.jpg

FUCKING AWESOME

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

ever

It's on boomerang some nights around 1-3am or so. I've seen it on a few times late at night when I'm flipping through the channels

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

ever

It's on boomerang some nights around 1-3am or so. I've seen it on a few times late at night when I'm flipping through the channels

Pretty sure Whippy means the recent one.

And I'm pretty sure it got cancelled and cancelled hard.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »

It still makes me tear up. Its the MJ line on the final page that does it.... "Say Hi for me too...."

-edit-

FUCKING AWESOME

When you need to a superior vehicle to flatten a sniper, There's Only One.

Hope that guy who owned that Jeep BTW had his insurance paid up though.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I love how you can see Peter there following through his throw.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Why would the sniper be tracking the jeep through his scope? I'm sure it's moving through the air at a pretty decent rate of speed but it looks pretty close to hitting him and he's still looking at it through the scope! Silly sniper persons.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think he blinked, and when he opened his eyes, he saw that he was going to have a really bad day. What's the significance of zooming in on the scope breakage anyway?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I too question why the scope breaking was brought to attention. I should think a big ass jeep being thrown at a high end sniper rifle would do alot more damage than that.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    He shot
    Aunt May and my the time he was ready to shoot Mary Jane he Peter was already outside throwing a Jeep at him.

This is the coolest thing Peter has done in a while.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, Agent 47's seen better days.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Spider-Man: Feral.

Worth picking up?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    He shot
    Aunt May and my the time he was ready to shoot Mary Jane he Peter was already outside throwing a Jeep at him.

Actually,
    Shooting Aunt May was an accident. Spidey sensed the bullet and threw himself and MJ to the ground, but it traveled past them and into May. So it's more as he's reloading to try and shoot Spidey again, that the Jeep suddenly comes flying his way.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    He shot

Actually,
    Shooting Aunt May was an accident. Spidey sensed the bullet and threw himself and MJ to the ground, but it traveled past them and into May. So it's more as he's reloading to try and shoot Spidey again, that the Jeep suddenly comes flying his way.
    Here's a couple of good questions; how is Peter going to protect May in a hospital if her identity leaks out to the press and such and will May end up being arrested by Tony/SHIELD under some charge like aiding a fugitive if and when she recovers?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

-edit-

FUCKING AWESOME

"Oh Peter! You didn't even kill the sniper, just broke his scope!"
    "Yeah I know. Got another truck so I can try again?"

Here's a couple of good questions; how is Peter going to protect May in a hospital if her identity leaks out to the press and such and will May end up being arrested by Tony/SHIELD under some charge like aiding a fugitive if and when she recovers?
    Witness Protection?
    I think he blinked, and when he opened his eyes, he saw that he was going to have a really bad day. What's the significance of zooming in on the scope breakage anyway?
    That's probably just the "brutal death scene allusion" angle. Where they show you an object breaking, but you don't quite see the guy getting his chest crushed by a couple tons of vehicle.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    And looking at the rest of the preview, Peter then proceeds to go fuck people up without a costume.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    CowbombCowbomb Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    And looking at the rest of the preview, Peter then proceeds to go fuck people up without a costume.

Which is awesome.

Cowbomb on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It's not like he needs it anymore.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Cowbomb wrote: »

Which is awesome.

"Hey it's that there Peter Parker fella!"
    "I WILL END YOU!"
    "Whaddya suppose that means?"

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    yeah, I'm really looking forward to the next ASM issue now.

Pete is PISSED

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    i like that there's a copy of hustler behind the shooter

i guess he had to calm the ol nerves before he took a shot

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg