Options

The Amazing Spider-Thread

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    For looking real it probably wasn't bad. For moving real? Hell no.

EDIT: And I know they are hardly using human movements but still, it smacks you in the face with how unrealistic it is. Everything is so rubbery and Spider-Man apparently ways nothing when he makes massive landings. So it feels like he isn't really there and that completely destroys the immersion.

As does the fat chick kicking my chair.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Sorry about that.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sorry because it hapenned or because it was you?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sorry because it hapenned or because it was you?

both

Furu on
  • Options
    Oberon311Oberon311 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Aww, yay! ShoWest just elected Kirsten Dunst as their female star of the year!
    That's what I love about democracy. Even if you're a talentless, troll-esque, squish-faced whorebag, you can STILL live a successful, enriching life through the bad taste and low expectations of audiences everywhere.

Oberon311 on
    Cap's dead. I'm with Ares.
  • Options
    beefbeef Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    beef on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hmm... honestly? If they use the release of the movie as an opportunity to return the symbiote to Brock in the comics and give him this as a new look?

I would not object. It's startin' to grow on me.

Except for Venom's webbing. Back of the hand, people.

BACK of the HAND.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The webbing thing doesn't bother me at all, given the context.

In the comics, the black suit was it's own thing - a brand new suit with its own mechanics.

The one in the movie is a direct imprint of Peter's suit and powers. It makes sense that it would mimick the way Peter did things, as opposed to doing things its own way.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I never got the back of the hand webbing. How do you even catch it? Good riddence.

Also the Goblins outfit doesn't bother me. The glider reminds you of the broom stick glider that apeared for a few issues before he used the glider we all know. I figure they needed a new disign and looked to the past for a example and him sitting on it would have looked dumb. The mask is alittle much though.

I love the acting of the Goblin though. "you knew this was coming Pete" Spoken with such deadpan-ness. That really hits me. His hearts not into it. 'coarse that could just be the actor.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    For looking real it probably wasn't bad. For moving real? Hell no.

EDIT: And I know they are hardly using human movements but still, it smacks you in the face with how unrealistic it is. Everything is so rubbery and Spider-Man apparently ways nothing when he makes massive landings. So it feels like he isn't really there and that completely destroys the immersion.

Uhhh that's part of his thing.
    He can land without causing heavy damage to himself or other objects.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I get that. But there's resisting damage and looking like you're not succeptible to gravity at all and thus landing like you aren't really there. I don't even think there was a thud.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't like James Franco. He is the same in every role, which you would think he would do well now with all the practice, but no. He "phones it in" every time. I think they could get more emotion from someone in a coma holding the script.

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ok, Those venom Sketches are amazing.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    FNSM was really good this week.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    meh... Dark Spider-Man is still too much like Light Spider-Man... this whole costume change is supposed to denote a change in his mood, outlook, and behavior. I haven't seen anything come close to showing this to be true.

Here I'm referring to FNSM or any other spider-man book that's come out since the "Back in Black" thing.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That might be because that scene happens near the start of the film. I don't really see them giving away 7 minutes of middle/end act story. Plus considering Spidey and MJ are established in the last 2 films, it's pretty easy to believe that Harry shows up at the start.

Depends if its believable he could go with such a relatively small push considering his resistance at the end of 2.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    That might be because that scene happens near the start of the film. I don't really see them giving away 7 minutes of middle/end act story. Plus considering Spidey and MJ are established in the last 2 films, it's pretty easy to believe that Harry shows up at the start.

Depends if its believable he could go with such a relatively small push considering his resistance at the end of 2.

it's been a while since i've seen 2, but i remember kind of coming away under the impression that it would be, at best, a few days before he just started trying on the armor, just to see how it felt on him. like, maybe a couple months at the outside before he started trying to kill spider-man

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Servo wrote: »

it's been a while since i've seen 2, but i remember kind of coming away under the impression that it would be, at best, a few days before he just started trying on the armor, just to see how it felt on him. like, maybe a couple months at the outside before he started trying to kill spider-man

Considering Raimi went back and colored Harry's bow tie green at the wedding, i think he was trying to go for the whole "Ominous overshadow" thing and tell us that Harry is planning on using the Goblin armor (or serum).

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Well, here it is. The last trailer till SM3's release, not including tv spots, of course.

First impression of the trailer: Holy shit, Topher is fucking awesome. Anyone who had had any gripes with him should be shut up with that half a second clip towards the end.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, here it is. The last trailer till SM3's release, not including tv spots, of course.

First impression of the trailer: Holy shit, Topher is fucking awesome. Anyone who had had any gripes with him should be shut up with that half a second clip towards the end.

So does this link actually work for anybody?

I'm just getting a dumb little flash player that says MyFan by Comcast or something. Nothing's playing.

And even if it were, the screen is [size=-10]tiny[/size]

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jesus that is a tiny screen. What the fuck.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why do they insist on having Spidermans mask torn up in every endfight? Is it supposed to let little Toby show his enormous range of emotions. or what?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Why do they insist on having Spidermans mask torn up in every endfight? Is it supposed to let little Toby show his enormous range of emotions. or what?

Who is Spiderman? I have never heard of him.

Perhaps you are talking about Spider-Man?

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »

Explosions and metal claws to the face tear through fabric pretty easily, and the head is a good place to aim?

Furu on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I get that. But there's resisting damage and looking like you're not succeptible to gravity at all and thus landing like you aren't really there. I don't even think there was a thud.

I don't think you do get it. It's part of his thing. He can be silent as all get-out, hence the lack of "thud".

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    meh... Dark Spider-Man is still too much like Light Spider-Man... this whole costume change is supposed to denote a change in his mood, outlook, and behavior. I haven't seen anything come close to showing this to be true.

Here I'm referring to FNSM or any other spider-man book that's come out since the "Back in Black" thing.

Yeah - this has bothered me quite a bit too. The only moody pissed off Pete that I saw was in the most recent issue of ASM. Based on the other issues that came out, he seemed like his normal self.

New issue of ASM though...awesome. I loved every damn panel of it.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yeah - this has bothered me quite a bit too. The only moody pissed off Pete that I saw was in the most recent issue of ASM. Based on the other issues that came out, he seemed like his normal self.

oh yeah... that was the dark Pete I was hoping to see. Just wish it translated to the other books that well.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

oh yeah... that was the dark Pete I was hoping to see. Just wish it translated to the other books that well.

I'm almost certain every other book is ahead of ASM in the timeline at this point. Pete's already managed to distance himself from MJ and May in New Avengers, and May is shown out of the hospital in Sensational, so I think it's safe to say it all takes place after he has time to cope some (and brutalize some people).

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUbu6WBYfb8

I never seen this trailer before (It's not the one attached to 300), so giving you guys head up.

The movie just keeps looking better and better. Some of the action scenes look like they're going to be soooo good.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Jesus that is a tiny screen. What the fuck.

Click on it.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hmm, a slimmer, sleeker Venom might make for some really cool fight scenes.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Anyone know how long the film is going to be? 2hrs just doesn't seem like enough time to show, Harry, Sandman and Venom. I'm worried there may be to many villains in this one.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited March 2007
    It's going to be four and a half hours long. There will be a fifteen minute intermission.

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It's going to be four and a half hours long. There will be a fifteen minute intermission.

Like that civil war movie a few years back "Gods and Generals"

smokmnky on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited March 2007
    That's exactly what I was referencing!

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Glad to know I wasn't the only one to see it

smokmnky on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    *shudders at the thought of Civil War: The Movie*

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    *shudders at the thought of Civil War: The Movie*

Civil War: The Musical!

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    *runs away screaming*

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    bananasaurusbananasaurus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Peter looks so emo when he's in his "dark" stage..

bananasaurus on