Options

The Amazing Spider-Thread

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    You just know that Venom fight isn't going to kick as much ass as it looks it could. I mean it looked indoors. An indoors fight for two aerial based, high speed, city wide kick delivering characters? Just like fighting Goblin inside a crappy building, probably to cut CGI budget or something.

He must have a lot of good Sandman saved up though because Venom's actually getting more screentime now than Sandy.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    "Hey Parker"
    capture9li2.jpg

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    "Hey Parker"
    capture9li2.jpg

Holy balls. D:

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hey! He looks kinda cool!

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The sarcastic guy from That 70's Show looks scary with vampire teeth.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    He's got some serious back muscle going on there too. Or shoulder muscle even. I like it, he l;ooks like a guy who has truly got some new powers going on there and about to kick some ass.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    He looks fucking crazy. And not "ho ho that whacky Venom" crazy. We're talking Buffalo Bill crazy.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    He looks fucking crazy. And not "ho ho that whacky Venom" crazy. We're talking Buffalo Bill crazy.

Agreed. Reading his essay would only waste valuble seconds.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Topher would have made a better Peter Parker than Tobey. Wise cracks and all.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You just know that Venom fight isn't going to kick as much ass as it looks it could. I mean it looked indoors. An indoors fight for two aerial based, high speed, city wide kick delivering characters? Just like fighting Goblin inside a crappy building, probably to cut CGI budget or something.

He must have a lot of good Sandman saved up though because Venom's actually getting more screentime now than Sandy.

It's not indoors. It's at a construction site.

And yes, that was the scene i was referring to when i said Topher looked fucking creepy awesome.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    beefbeef Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    There is at least one aerial battle where that picture above is from. Also, you can get some good full body views of Venom in the trailer.

Edit: ^ what he said.

beef on
  • Options
    LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why's he got fangs?

huh

LRG on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    LRG wrote: »
    Why's he got fangs?

huh

B-...Because he's Venom?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why's he got fangs?

huh

B-...Because he's Venom?

Yeah. That's like asking why Norman has those lines in his hair or Jameson is so cheap. It's how they roll.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Why's he got fangs?

huh

B-...Because he's Venom?

Yeah. That's like asking why Norman has those lines in his hair or Jameson is so cheap. It's how they roll.

Or why Sandman wears a green striped sweater?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Why's he got fangs?

huh

B-...Because he's Venom?

Because he was chilly.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Also, regarding ASM 539...

How the hell is there webbing there if Pete stashed anything on a building for more than 2 hours?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Special Blend?

It's not like he hasn't made special webbing before.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Seeing blood on Peters hand...it made me happy. I can not wait to see the beatings he dishes out.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Also, Battle Damage Report or whatever confirms that Spidey got his strength pumped up(from class 15 to 25. That's a pretty hefty boost.)

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Why's he got fangs?

huh

B-...Because he's Venom?

His face is exposed as Brock.

Brock shouldn't have fangs.

LRG on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe he's in mid transformation.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why's he got fangs?

huh

B-...Because he's Venom?

His face is exposed as Brock.

Brock shouldn't have fangs.

Well, Brock is substantially skinnier (in the movie, at least, and the later comics) than Venom too, but the costume effectively creates the bulk. I'm assuming that, in this form, when the symbiote is "off" his face/shoulders/etc. it's still there, but just changed shape to look like Brock wants it to look.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why's he got fangs?

huh

B-...Because he's Venom?

Because he was chilly.

Sandman is actuallly a long lost cousin of the Osborns

How else do you explain the hair?

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    How does a suit, symbiotic as it may be, that you wear on the outside, give you fangs in your mouth?

Maybe I'm thinking too hard about it.

Does anyone know what the symbiote is made of this time? Is it even living or just some bad science experiment gone wrong that makes you angry?

LRG on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How does a suit, symbiotic as it may be, that you wear on the outside, give you fangs in your mouth?

Does anyone know what the symbiote is made of this time? Is it even living or just some bad science experiment gone wrong that makes you angry?

The fangs are made out of the suit too.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Subtly over-writing the hosts DNA in select fashions over time much like a virus does to a host cell? I dunno, there's plenty of ways comic book logic can explain it.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hey I was wondering about the newest ASM, #539
    When peter goes to the site to investigate where the sniper was, his spider-sense goes off and tells him where the scope is. Now, this seems a little different then how I've seen spider-sense used before. It was just a static object on the floor, not like it was thrown at him or anything. Whats up with that?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited March 2007

The suits in his mouth too?! I don't know, it seem diffrent when the suit is covering his entire head and has 5 inch teeth and a 3 foot tounge.

Fiaryn wrote: »

Subtly over-writing the hosts DNA in select fashions over time much like a virus does to a host cell? I dunno, there's plenty of ways comic book logic can explain it.

Your right. Guess I'll just have to wait for the flick to see how they handled Venom this time around.

LRG on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

The suits in his mouth too?! I don't know, it seem diffrent when the suit is covering his entire head and has 5 inch teeth and a 3 foot tounge.

Carnage's suit was hiding in his bloodstream for a while.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I don't remember that. That's kinda fucked up.

On a somewhat unrelated note: Anyone ever beat Maxium Carnage? I've never even seen the ending.

LRG on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

It actually -was- his blood for awhile.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The game? Damn...haven't played in years. Man, those were the days. Comics got video-game tie-ins and shit!

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

It actually -was- his blood for awhile.

And Venom lives in Gargan's stomach.

Artists do mess up anatomy sometimes when they're drawing Venom's mouth, making it open wider than it should be able to and such, but it's supposed to just be the symbiote overlaid on top of the guy inside.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    When peter goes to the site to investigate where the sniper was, his spider-sense goes off and tells him where the scope is. Now, this seems a little different then how I've seen spider-sense used before. It was just a static object on the floor, not like it was thrown at him or anything. Whats up with that?

I think his spider-sense got boosted when he got his organic webshooters. I know that some mutation of it lets him communicate with actual spiders now. Last time I checked that is, i haven't followed Spidey much lately.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »

I think his spider-sense got boosted when he got his organic webshooters. I know that some mutation of it lets him communicate with actual spiders now. Last time I checked that is, i haven't followed Spidey much lately.

He basically has a whole bunch of mystical powers now and is connected to Anansi, the spider god, or something.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Two things happened to boost his powers.

1. Spider-Man: Disassembled- A bug... uh.... queen lady... came and altered Spider-Man to bring him closer to his insect side. This let (uh.. Spider-Man) talk with spiders (even though they aren't insects, they explained it in the comic), as well as gave him his organic web shooters.
    2. The Other: This supposedly brought Spider-man closer to the spider side of his being, which boosted his spider sense, strength, and gave him those wrist spikes. And who knows what the future holds...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

1. Spider-Man: Disassembled- A bug... uh.... queen lady... came and altered Spider-Man to bring him closer to his insect side. This let me talk with spiders (even though they aren't insects, they explained it in the comic), as well as gave him his organic web shooters.
    2. The Other: This supposedly brought Spider-man closer to the spider side of his being, which boosted his spider sense, strength, and gave him those wrist spikes. And who knows what the future holds...

Interesting slip of the tongue there fella.

Deicist on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Tallus wrote: »

1. Spider-Man: Disassembled- A bug... uh.... queen lady... came and altered Spider-Man to bring him closer to his insect side. This let me talk with spiders (even though they aren't insects, they explained it in the comic), as well as gave him his organic web shooters.

Interesting slip of the tongue there fella.

Delusional? Who said I was delusional?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

1. Spider-Man: Disassembled- A bug... uh.... queen lady... came and altered Spider-Man to bring him closer to his insect side. This let (uh.. Spider-Man) talk with spiders (even though they aren't insects, they explained it in the comic), as well as gave him his organic web shooters.
    Spider-Man: Disassembled also featured the best performance of Mary-Jane Watson-Parker as Stone Cold Bitch-Woman.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif