Options

PAX 2005 DVD TRAILER

2»

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Really? After the Saturday concerts, I went to a hotel party that was still pretty crazy. Then some drunk people started slapping each other and it got weird, and MC Chris left.

Oh, did I not mention that MC Chris showed up? He's a cool guy.

:P

Doc on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Really? After the Saturday concerts, I went to a hotel party that was still pretty crazy. Then some drunk people started slapping each other and it got weird, and MC Chris left.

Well, yeah. I went to that party, but it was a bit too...weird for me. So I didn't hang around.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Doc wrote:

Well, yeah. I went to that party, but it was a bit too...weird for me. So I didn't hang around.

Yeah, I left right after the guys started slapping each other. There were too many goddamn people there anyway.

Doc on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Doc wrote:

Yeah, I left right after the guys started slapping each other. There were too many goddamn people there anyway.

I was there too!! Yeah, it was pretty slaptastic. After the party was forcibly ended by Doubletree security, me and Shade went to the NESkimos party and hung out there.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Doc wrote:

I was there too!! Yeah, it was pretty slaptastic. After the party was forcibly ended by Doubletree security, me and Shade went to the NESkimos party and hung out there.

I missed the NESkimos one, one, but I remember you guys being there. Remember, we were trying to decide who we should ban?

Doc on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Doc wrote:

I missed that one, but I remember you guys being there. Remember, we were trying to decide who we should ban?

Yep!! :D

Here's hoping all goes well between everyone at PAX 06

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    apotheos wrote:
    They are there now. Unfortunatly, shipping rates to Canada are the definition of retarded. Way to go ThinkGeek.

I bought my bf the bianry watch from Think geek for xmas this year... and after paying STUPID shipping charges... i get a letter a few weeks later from DHL asking for another $44

OMFG!

WTF

I hate the world

btw apo.... you down for another canadian dinner night?

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    So, I got my DVD today, next day air, and I wasn't really looking for myself, but was shocked when at the end of the tabletop game room section, there's about a five second shot of my sculpture sitting there.

It was surprising.

On a whole, the DVD is pretty goddamn awesome and everyone did a great job.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    So, I got my DVD today, next day air, and I wasn't really looking for myself, but was shocked when at the end of the tabletop game room section, there's about a five second shot of my sculpture sitting there.

It was surprising.

See me anywhere?

Weaver on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Weaver wrote:

It was surprising.

See me anywhere?

What about me? :o

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:

It was surprising.

See me anywhere?

What about me? :o

Legacy, I think I saw you in the background in a line, Weaver, I don't think I saw you. But to be clear, there are a shitload of people on this DVD, so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed people on the first viewing.

I didn't even see myself. Leanna had to point me out.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Update:

Of course, on the PA Panels DVD, you see Munkus lament about the forums, Grath make Tycho fall down, and Framling be self-deprecating.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Update:

Of course, on the PA Panels DVD, you see Munkus lament about the forums, Grath make Tycho fall down, and Framling be self-deprecating.

What about Leviathan?

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Update:

What about Leviathan?

Of course. They have some very nice close ups of it, but due to the angle, you don't really see Ari at all.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2006
    I've watched it four or five times now, and each time I find new people. It's awesome.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I've watched it four or five times now, and each time I find new people. It's awesome.
    Yeah, but some scenes are WAAY too fast. Guess I should buy the DVD and hope that it has slower vids :lol:

I just found myself in the trailer, too.

blonbus2oh.jpg

w00t

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    *squints*
    Bigfoot?

Doc on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    W00! My DVD's out for delivery! It should be in my greasy little paws by this evening!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    ctishman wrote:
    W00! My DVD's out for delivery! It should be in my greasy little paws by this evening!

same here....should be here in the next hour or two....DHL better hurry up....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Doc wrote:
    *squints*
    Bigfoot?

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. "Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here."

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    the damn DHL tracking had me going...i wont get it til tomorrow cause they give it to the post office to deliver with the @home service....had me all ready to watch that shit...tricky bastards....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    *squints*
    Bigfoot?

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. "Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here."
    yesssss.......Mitch Hedberg FTW

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    apotheos wrote:
    They are there now. Unfortunatly, shipping rates to Canada are the definition of retarded. Way to go ThinkGeek.

I might be able to buy one for you on the 25th and then send it to ya myself...If ya wanted. Probably be cheaper shipping.

Are you ordering for yourself then? If I didn't have to pick up the shipping to you AND the shipping from you to me this would work out super swell.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Esko wrote:
    the damn DHL tracking had me going...i wont get it til tomorrow cause they give it to the post office to deliver with the @home service....had me all ready to watch that shit...tricky bastards....

Same thing. Got home from classes to discover that they'd given my beloved DVD to USPS. :(

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I have had issue with UPS in the past, and almost this time, as the guy showed up during the only 20 minutes of the day on Friday that I wasn't home.

But then, like out of some storybook, he noticed that it said next day air on the package, and so he came back at the end of his shift to try again, just because he didn't think I'd want to wait until Monday.

I should have hugged him.

Me might have thought it odd. He didn't seem to mind as much when I invited him to view the DVD set with me over tall Yuenglings, but he simply said "Naw, man. It's friday. I just want to go home" which made it all the more impressive that he went out of his way to come back to redeliver my set.

In one fell swoop, UPS has atoned for all past sins.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    yeah i've had a UPS guy do that....it wasnt next day air but he came back by at the end of his route to check again since I live in a college student specific apartment complex...he figured I was in class....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    apotheos wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    apotheos wrote:

I might be able to buy one for you on the 25th and then send it to ya myself...If ya wanted. Probably be cheaper shipping.

Are you ordering for yourself then? If I didn't have to pick up the shipping to you AND the shipping from you to me this would work out super swell.

I'd be buying them without any shipping costs, so you don't have to worry about that. :)

So, if ya wanna, I'll just toss another one on my credit card on Wed.

Legacy on
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    apotheos wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    apotheos wrote:

I'd be buying them without any shipping costs, so you don't have to worry about that. :)

Going to the signing?

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    apotheos wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    apotheos wrote:

Going to the signing?

Probably. If I can get off early to go.

Legacy on
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    just checked the tracking and apparently my dvd's were in an airforce base in riverside, CA on the 22nd . . . so i hope to see them really soon . . .

edit: I ordered them within hours of being made available too.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    got mine this morning...now i gotta wait til this afternoon to start watching....gotta go to class and all that stuff....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Just met the USPS lady, and she didn't have the package, despite it being delivered to their Eugene office yesterday. Next time, I pay the extra buck for UPS. :x

Maybe it'll get here tomorrow. :(

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    AneurysmAneurysm Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I arranged for my DVD to be delivered at work (as it seems I'm never home for the UPS man), but only the synchronicity of the universe could have it delivered it to me while I was on my lunch break. Sweet...

Seeing footage I shot used on this DVD made me as giddy as a geek can be, and seeing my name in the credits made me joyous to the point of being completely spastic. Thank you Mike Fehlauer, Seth, Derek, Tom, Jeff, and Michael! I hope to work with you all again this year.

--Aneurysm

P.S.
    I would like to apologize for appearing in certain shots where I shouldn't have been. Bad videographer! Bad!

Oh, and what happened to the sound in some of the concert hall scenes? I thought we had a direct hookup to the sound board.

P.P.S.
    I'll have my own equipment this time around. :D

Aneurysm on
    Nintendogs 2, featuring wireless dog shit. Coming to a DS near you!