As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Orange Box Sequel...Cancelled!?

Onidragon the AvengerOnidragon the Avenger Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Games and Technology
So I heard a rumor that there was an Orange Box 2 in the works...Then a few weeks later I hear it was cancelled. When I asked if they were refering to the Black Box, which was a seprate package from the orange box that was combined into the Orange box in the end, they said it was actully an honest to god Orange Box 2....So, was this just an ill-founded rumor, or was it real?

Also, sorry for spelling.

Onidragon55.png
sig.gif
Onidragon the Avenger on

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Who the hell is "they"

Edit: To elaborate, there will be a HL2:Ep3, and given the success of what they did this time, they will most likely package it up with something. So, if you want to call that Orange Box 2, go ahead. I'm sure Valve will be a bit more creative with the naming.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Some one who worked at VGL.

Onidragon the Avenger on
    Onidragon55.png
    sig.gif
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Interviews lately with both Gabe Newell and Doug Lombardi have said they don't know what they're doing in the future. They've got Episode 3, Left 4 Dead and they're working on more Portal stuff (still deciding what to do with that). If they all come together at the same time, they'll consider releasing another Orange Box-like bundle. If not, they'll do something different.
    Unbunch panties.. now!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    How can there be a sequel to the Orange Box?

Are you telling me they will make Team Fortress 3, Portal 2 and Half Life Episode 3 and put them all together into an orange box and call it Orange Box 2?

Cause that is just stupid.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Thanks for helping me clear this up.

Onidragon the Avenger on
    Onidragon55.png
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    you mean episode 3 + what?

well if so i heard this one, i hear that pirates attacked seattle and so no more video games from valve

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Barcardi wrote: »
    you mean episode 3 + what?

well if so i heard this one, i hear that pirates attacked seattle and so no more video games from valve

OH NOES!!!!!!!D:

....End Sarcasm.

Onidragon the Avenger on
    Onidragon55.png
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.