Options

PAX Parking thread

2»

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    View the PAX google map thing.

I got parking info for it, all of which is still accurate. The prices havent changed.
    Oddly enough the WSCTC itself is the cheapest place to park thats closest to PAX. The hotel parking is retardedly expensive.

Park further away and Bus in if possible to save on parking. There are a few park and rides around that you could bus in from. Otherwise if you want to be nearby and you are driving, save around $100 for parking for the 4 days of PAX. (thurs-sun)

End of thread.

we tried to do the bus thing last year, but in an attempt to be there for every hour of the experience, bus riding was impossible. it was mostly a problem of getting back to our car, since there were no busses running at 2am.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    liasaliasa Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Shauk wrote: »
    just remember to move your car out of the convention center garage after 6pm if you plan on going to the concert, since that closes at midnight and the concert goes until 2 am I believe.

I missed a good chunk of freezepop due to that nonsense but meh.

I parked in the convention center garage both Friday and Saturday last year, and left after midnight both nights. There are machines that you can pay at before going back to your car, and they're always open. I think it might just be the window with real people who you can pay that closes at midnight, though I think they got the point that there were a lot of people staying late last year, because they were actually there past midnight.

liasa on
  • Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    liasa wrote: »
    Shauk wrote: »
    just remember to move your car out of the convention center garage after 6pm if you plan on going to the concert, since that closes at midnight and the concert goes until 2 am I believe.

I missed a good chunk of freezepop due to that nonsense but meh.

I parked in the convention center garage both Friday and Saturday last year, and left after midnight both nights. There are machines that you can pay at before going back to your car, and they're always open. I think it might just be the window with real people who you can pay that closes at midnight, though I think they got the point that there were a lot of people staying late last year, because they were actually there past midnight.

I remember those machines. They even take credit/debit cards if I remember right. I don't see any reason why you would have to do and car shuffling.

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
This discussion has been closed.