As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

• Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    1. It kicks you off, it's like being mounted.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    That's stupid.

Dhalphir on
    edited March 2008
    You're stupid.

Soviet Waffle on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You're dobbed on.

Dhalphir on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just to make sure there's no confusion, no, it's not affected by being indoors because if it were you couldn't use it in indoor instances.

Opty on
    edited March 2008
    Aussie speak?

Soviet Waffle on
    edited March 2008
    Thought he meant flight

Soviet Waffle on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It doesn't force you out of the form indoors. It's like bear and catform in that regard.
    Thought he meant flight
    I want a boomkin.
    I want a boomkin.
    I want a boomkin.
    I want a boomkin.

reVerse on
    edited March 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    DONGS.

Dhalphir on
  • Invoice NinjaInvoice Ninja Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    DONGS.

I'm always saying that 8-)

Invoice Ninja on
  • Invoice NinjaInvoice Ninja Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for the responses :D

I have this glorious dream of crashing these "Tavern RP" things as the giant out-of-place moonkin sitting on a bar stool like nothing's wrong. It makes me chuckle :lol:

Invoice Ninja on
    edited March 2008

I have this glorious dream of crashing these "Tavern RP" things as the giant out-of-place moonkin sitting on a bar stool like nothing's wrong. It makes me chuckle :lol:

i expect periodic screenshot dumps

ALSO ROBOFACE WHERE ARE GIGGLER PICS OK THANKS

Dhalphir on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    A thought. Should I be trying to unload all my adamantite and blue gems before 2.4 because epic gems are going to be available to any knob who runs a heroic, thus lower the price of blue gems by a hilarious degree?

riz on
    edited March 2008
    Probably, there are other options (Give them to me).

Actually though, they will be bombing in price, aside from maybe the usual price jump after patch days and arena days, since they're doing the transmute thing too.

Soviet Waffle on
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »
    A thought. Should I be trying to unload all my adamantite and blue gems before 2.4 because epic gems are going to be available to any knob who runs a heroic, thus lower the price of blue gems by a hilarious degree?

some will remain heavily in demand, its nice to just be able to go to the AH and make a selection (WTB some fuckin Subtle Living Rubies on my server), rather than have to find out which heroic the epic version drops from and then run it.

Dhalphir on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    badges->gems

kaleedity on
    edited March 2008
    still, if you get an unexpected (or expected) upgrade, I doubt you will have 50 plus badges to be able to drop 2-3 epic gems in a piece of gear straightaway, so the market for blue gems will dip a little but it will still stay strong

Dhalphir on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »

I'm holding onto my stocks for now. I want to see if there is a rush on the SSC/TK BS plate. But dump your blue gems now.

Thomamelas on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    still, if you get an unexpected (or expected) upgrade, I doubt you will have 50 plus badges to be able to drop 2-3 epic gems in a piece of gear straightaway, so the market for blue gems will dip a little but it will still stay strong

I imagine it'll be in line with flasks, elixirs, etc.

Sure, I have people who can MAKE me Adept's Elixirs...but I ain't got time to be waitin' for no mixin'. Fuck that. *Cha-ching*

The Muffin Man on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    15 badges a gem, 3-5 heroics or most of a Kara. Personally, I'm gonna be regemming 14 slots with epics (and that's just on one character), and I predict many other people doing the same, so once the patch hits and the Quel'danas badge vendor is unlocked and everybody dumps their badge stockpiles for goodies and everything settles down in the following weeks...yeah, in the long run there's still going to be a market for blue-quality gems. They'll just be less expensive.

SabreMau on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I for one only plan on purchasing epic gems for one character. Cause seriously, that's a lot of badges. I'll have spend probably 180 or so on gems alone, and my warlock already has some epic gems.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm thinking about trying to score epics for one of my pieces that has greens right now, because I ran short of cash after finishing the spellfire set. It's just that right now I'm having too much fun with my alts to go out and earn the money/badges... I figure I'll be back to a responsible player come the patch.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    more than anything I hope that nethers stay about the same price and I can just buy the eight I need for a tier 2 sword

oh lord maybe even get a tier 3 sword if vortexes drop in price

nom nom nom

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There's no way in hell I'm buying epic gems with badges (for alts that is, the rogue gets them through raiding anyways). Yes, over the course of 10+ slots, those extra 2 stats per gem (or so) do add up, but clearing Karazhan 5-10 times for a full set of badges is insanity. Why gain +20 to various stats (in total) when you could probably gain 2-5x as much with two really bitching armour upgrades for the same number of badges?

I totally support them putting gems for badges in the game, but I can't see myself ever using the option, save for one: we get to WOTLK, I've got everything I could possibly want on my rogue, and they abandon Badges of Justice as a currency (which I would expect) for the level 80 gear, thus making them a fairly cheap way to power my jewelcrafting up 5-15 points, or however long those "yellow" cuts actually last.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I imagine that the epic gems will mostly be purchased by raiders, who can get badge-quality gear from raiding, and will also get piles and piles of badges (3 per raid boss after the patch, is that correct?), which they won't really have much to spend on, save gems. Most other people will be concentrating on getting the badge gear, and will make do with blue gems for it. Although I do know some people with 300+ badges stocked up, I think most of us in my guild are aiming to have 150 or so for the new weapons.

dojango on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The raiders will get badges from each bosskill and will stop buying blue gems, for example my guild kills 8-10 bosses a week so that will be about 30 badges? Is it 3 per boss kill, because that sounds pretty good.

I think the blue gem buyer will be the people who are just starting to gear up or do not have time to raid, even kara.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
    edited March 2008
    I haven't seen definative numbers, but I was under the impression it was 2 per boss.

I'd be very happy if it was 3, and I'm speaking as a raider. Sure, eventually I'll have bought everything I could ever want and have badges to waste (especially as a pure dps class, with no "off-spec" gear to buy), but even then I'd have a hard time buying up hundreds of badges in gems, especially when they're already "free" (and I don't seek Crimson Spinels, instead just relying on the mass numbers of Lionseyes we get).

Forar on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tabetha is a whore.

Tav on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    There's no way in hell I'm buying epic gems with badges (for alts that is, the rogue gets them through raiding anyways). Yes, over the course of 10+ slots, those extra 2 stats per gem (or so) do add up, but clearing Karazhan 5-10 times for a full set of badges is insanity. Why gain +20 to various stats (in total) when you could probably gain 2-5x as much with two really bitching armour upgrades for the same number of badges?

I totally support them putting gems for badges in the game, but I can't see myself ever using the option, save for one: we get to WOTLK, I've got everything I could possibly want on my rogue, and they abandon Badges of Justice as a currency (which I would expect) for the level 80 gear, thus making them a fairly cheap way to power my jewelcrafting up 5-15 points, or however long those "yellow" cuts actually last.

Over time you'll end up with nothing to spend them on with your Alts, all that's left is gems.

Thomamelas on
  • MalyonsusMalyonsus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, any progressing PvE Horde guilds recruiting t4, unkeyed (MH and BT) warlocks with Leotheras tanking gear for moderately guaranteed raids spots? No? You're all 5/5 9/9 or starting Kara? *sigh*

I love my current guild, but they're not focused on progression, which is the part of WoW I like. And my server has no alternative guilds. They're all either starting Kara or in BT (one guild, btw). I guess I could go back to Kara, but I really don't want to. At least when 2.4 drops (soon now?) the only impediment will be my gear.

I guess this might have fit better in the bitching thread.

Though, if any of you guys are recruiting like in the first sentence, give me a call, we'll do lunch. Eh? EH?!

... I'm not desperate, really.

Malyonsus on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    http://www.filedropper.com/1299/ridiculous

2 megs full of terrible cropping and drama. For a TLDR:
    Heroic SL cleared to murmur, I'm booted from my own group after rolling need along with some aldor fag on some fel armaments because I can trade them straight up for arcane tomes. I spend 2 hours wiping them/watching them wipe while I sit in the locked instance, then 2 more hours hanging around until they all log and they finally give up, I bring in 4 people and finish it and get phatty loot.

Yes, I'm a huge dick. This is on Spinebreaker if you want to look these guys up.

JAEF on
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aside from the dickish thing about the tome/armament that was hilarious : b

Junpei on
  • suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yeah, I can't say you weren't totally without fault with the armament thing, but what came after was gold, solid gold

suttbecks on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Not to burst the bubble or anything, but we don't have sit-on-chair animations as a Boomkin. I've tried it on the chairs in Kara. What ends up happening in Boomkin form is you get punted over into the chair spot like any normal character, but remain standing with the chair up your ass. It is sad :(

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aegis wrote: »

Not to burst the bubble or anything, but we don't have sit-on-chair animations as a Boomkin. I've tried it on the chairs in Kara. What ends up happening in Boomkin form is you get punted over into the chair spot like any normal character, but remain standing with the chair up your ass. It is sad :(

It's little touches like that... that shows just what blizzard thinks of those boomkins :D

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    JAEF wrote: »

Heroic SL cleared to murmur, I'm booted from my own group after rolling need along with some aldor fag on some fel armaments because I can trade them straight up for arcane tomes. I spend 2 hours wiping them/watching them wipe while I sit in the locked instance, then 2 more hours hanging around until they all log and they finally give up, I bring in 4 people and finish it and get phatty loot.

Yes, I'm a huge dick. This is on Spinebreaker if you want to look these guys up.

lollin' up in here

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    To be fair, from everything I've known Aldors roll need on the Aldor item, Scryers roll need on the Scryers item, and you either pass or greed (if there happens to be none of the opposing side) on the item that's not on your faction. This is how it's worked with PuGs without even having to set it up before hand, though maybe it's a Ravenholdt thing.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I like the bit where one of the rogues says he say there making out with his girl while waiting for an instance to reset. If people were capable of loving me I'd totally do this.

Hard to imagine all that bullshit over a few Fel Armaments, we just greed them or pass if you don't need the rep.
    Aegis wrote: »
    To be fair, from everything I've known Aldors roll need on the Aldor item, Scryers roll need on the Scryers item, and you either pass or greed (if there happens to be none of the opposing side) on the item that's not on your faction. This is how it's worked with PuGs without even having to set it up before hand, though maybe it's a Ravenholdt thing.

This is what I meant only this guy used words to make it make sense.

815165 on
    edited March 2008
    On my realm, it's common practice to just spread them around, one per person, regardless of faction affiliation. Once had like 8 of the damned things drop in a SL run. Roll once, use that to determine the loot order, and go from there. Alternatively, roll greed each time, but anyone who has won one passes until all 5 have one, and then start again from there. This latter version is more common these days, in my experience.

Forar on
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

ur bad

Saban on
    371839-1.png
This discussion has been closed.