As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

1616263646567»

• LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    Saban wrote: »
    WoW [Chat] Can i has a 2.4 nao?
    dead_lolcats.jpg

Where can I get one of them? O_o
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/popculture/a359/

LineNoiz on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I may have misread the name of the toon in the mail you sent, and then accidentally deleted the mail after realizing it... then... ummm, shit I forgot.

Whats his name again?

I think it's Moridi? I don't know for sure, it was some random generated name.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    That name doesn't show up on the armory, is it a very low level toon? Because I think that's the name I have on my friends list, I just never see it.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Isn't that why every Paladin still carries Linken's Boomerang, for that elusive second object to fling at people ?

Hey, some of us use Gnomish deathrays for that.

That reminds me, I still need to make my Rocket Launcher.

Nobody on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So. I wonder how few people you can kill Magtheridon with now. :mrgreen:

riz on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just like listening to him QQ in Blood Furnace.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »
    So. I wonder how few people you can kill Magtheridon with now. :mrgreen:

What are the exact changes to Magtheridon, difficulty-wise? I've been hearing different rumors about it. Everything from there are only 3 cubes now to the cube debuff lasting 30 seconds. What's the actual case with it?

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • EriEri Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's the cubes. You don't need to rotate clickers as the cooldown on the debuff has been reduced. The channelers and infernals might have had their hitpoints reduced, but you can now get away with having the same clickers everytime, with the possibility of having assigned backups.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the massive QQing when it becomes common knowage that Tier tokens can be turned in for PvP epics.

Oooh I totally forgot about that. In before everyone suddenly demands spots in our weekly Kara-for-alts-and-the-protadin's-Decapitator raid.

Wait....he a protadin with a decapitator.....you know what, I don't want to know. It makes my brain hurt to ponder.

I would like the decapitator on my paladin so I have two things to throw at people but would I really use it for other than that? not really

I had one until I vendored it. The ability was amusing a few times but got old...where as Avenger's Shield never gets old. I have a mod by Saeris which has a random chance of shouting an action and I have a bunch of stuff set to proc off of it. "Avenger's Assemble!"

Mine is "Goddamnit, Bucky, not again."

Salvation122 on
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nobody wrote: »
    Isn't that why every Paladin still carries Linken's Boomerang, for that elusive second object to fling at people ?

Hey, some of us use Gnomish deathrays for that.

That reminds me, I still need to make my Rocket Launcher.

Yeah I was about to ask you where the hell that thing was.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Someone tell me when my server comes back up so I'll know exactly when to sit here crying.

riz on
  • BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ergh. Just extended to 12:30 PDT.

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So long as it doesn't slip past 2 to 3 PDT I won't mind.

Thank god for physics labs.

Oats on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Beren wrote: »

Guh. They can't keep a schedule for shit.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ok so the badge vender. How exactly do you unlock him? I am guessing the server has to do X amount of quest or something. Does anyone know exactly though?

projectmayhem on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wait were you guys thinking you'd be able to play today?

How many patch days have you been around for?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    server needs to come online so I can go ahead and replace this with this... it will be a slight upgrade.

DiscoZombie on
  • KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Derrick wrote: »

One expansion a year m i rite?

Kartan on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ok so the badge vender. How exactly do you unlock him? I am guessing the server has to do X amount of quest or something. Does anyone know exactly though?
    Everything will be unlocked over a certain amount of time, at the same time on every realm. It used to be realm participation-based, but they changed that on the PTR, so now we all have to wait until whenever for the Badge Vendor to spawn.

Halfmex on
  • narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I was just hoping to log in and check my addons for brokenness before I had to leave work.

narv107 on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kartan wrote: »

Really though. Blizzard never ever ever ever does anything on time. Ever. I mean, I can see developing a game, working out the kinks, whatever. But man, bringing up the servers on time? Jeez. That's like, basic shit.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Everything will be unlocked over a certain amount of time, at the same time on every realm. It used to be realm participation-based, but they changed that on the PTR, so now we all have to wait until whenever for the Badge Vendor to spawn.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4976251142&postId=51032488283&sid=1#280
    Tigole wrote:
    Apologies that this update is coming so late but we pulled the Essence of Immortal quest chain about 2 weeks ago. That's why you haven't seen it on the Public Test Realm. The 3 gates will open automatically over time at equal intervals on all servers.

Regarding the taking back of the town on the Isle, however, that will still be dependent on completion of daily quests. Servers can race to see who can open their quest hub the fastest. But access to raid bosses has been made equal.

We really like the concept of cross-server competition. But the concept of the gates being tied to specific boss kills was not playing out as we had hoped. We plan to do future things that involve servers competing with one another through major events.

The heroic badge vendor is still dependant on people doing dailies. How you unlock it is detailed here.

Also, turns out that the Justicar Gauntlets change means I go up past 1.8k unbuffed AP for free without having to pick up new gear. Which is nice.

SabreMau on
    edited March 2008

For some reason I keep hearing both. I actually hope you're not right, but I figure you are.

Beren on
  • narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kartan wrote: »

Really though. Blizzard never ever ever ever does anything on time. Ever. I mean, I can see developing a game, working out the kinks, whatever. But man, bringing up the servers on time? Jeez. That's like, basic shit.

Has there ever been a MMO that has ever had a patch done by the projected time? Hell, back in the day you'd have a patch on Tuesday and people would say "yeah, see you on Saturday when the servers are working"

narv107 on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

So is it just some random day the badge vender will appear?

If so, that's stupid as hell.

projectmayhem on
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    server needs to come online so I can go ahead and replace this with this... it will be a slight upgrade.

Assuming that's Sunwell Badge stuff, keep in mind that the badge vendor is not unlocked for at least a little while, so you won't be humping his corpse for purples tonight.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
    edited March 2008
    Beh. Answered with a cross-post. Yay!

Beren on
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Assuming that's Sunwell Badge stuff, keep in mind that the badge vendor is not unlocked for at least a little while, so you won't be humping his corpse for purples tonight.

oh well, a little more waiting won't kill me. I might be a few badges short of the 150 I need anyway. I may have only like 130.

DiscoZombie on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have 146. And then, all last night, nobody wanted to run a heroic, for some reason.

SabreMau on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

I'm getting the same dagger, h5!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So is it just some random day the badge vender will appear?

If so, that's stupid as hell.
    Edit: Nevermind, I'm wrong, see SabreMau's link above.

Halfmex on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yes, I also noticed how all of the arcane crystals and arcanite bars vanished from the Auction House. Hmmm....

Fairchild on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's also a reason for raid guilds to remain spread out, rather than clustering on one spot... like they're already doing, of course. Good thing the PVP'ers remain spread ou... shit, they're doing it too.

Oh well, at least the realm transfers mean that people can dash from one large pool to another, instead of being stuck forever on one godforsaken rock.

Also: back to BSG!
    Yes, I also noticed how all of the arcane crystals and arcanite bars vanished from the Auction House. Hmmm....

Eh? I seem to be missing the relavence.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    It's also a reason for raid guilds to remain spread out, rather than clustering on one spot... like they're already doing, of course. Good thing the PVP'ers remain spread ou... shit, they're doing it too.

Oh well, at least the realm transfers mean that people can dash from one large pool to another, instead of being stuck forever on one godforsaken rock.

Also: back to BSG!

Eh? I seem to be missing the relavence.

The only thing I can think of is if they could be used to discover other transmutes....but that's it.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.