Options

Microsoft GDC Keynote thread - Gears 2 Nov / Fable 2 Co-Op / Demos on XBL after show

124678

Posts

  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2008
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    geez loise fiaryn, did you whine every time a game doesn't give you a choice about something or do you just hate dogs?

    'save cortana from the flood? but i don't wanna!'

    I'm going to assume you're joking, but in case you're not:

    Yeah I DO have a problem with not having a choice, particularly when it's about highly unnecessary shit. In an adventure game, being saddled with an NPC with no real choice is not appealing. And no, Cortana and the Dog are in no way equitable. I'm not even going to pretend that's a legitimate analogy, you shouldn't either. Stop that. What really irritates me more than anything though is that they do give you a choice but it's slanted as all get out. Better no choice than a heavily slanted one.

    "Oh sure you can not have the dog, just crush your empathy first and you're a-go!" :|
    alyx vance

    Never played through Half-Life 2, the game bored me to death. Couldn't give you a reason either, it's kinda odd.


    It's not that odd. The game is a tedious snooze-fest


    I am confused. I know what all these words mean, but I can't comprehend the sentence.

    Half-Life 2 =
    baby460.jpg
    and yet your signature clearly shows you're playing through lost odyssey, being a jrpg, the only genre of game shown to be less exciting than watching paint dry

    bongi on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Why are people trying to compare a GUI dog to Alyx Vance?

    If I'd needed to keep an eye on Vance to determine my own status in the game then yeah, I'd have probably resented the dumb bitch. Considering people still aren't entirely certain how the dog will work, and/or whether you can opt out of having to use it, I can't quite understand why people are-

    ...oh wait. Upcoming game thread. Gotcha.

    Looking forward to Fable 2, but I'll be wanting it on PC. So I'm either in for a long wait or disappointment D:

    Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    gleep-glop wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Yeah I DO have a problem with not having a choice, particularly when it's about highly unnecessary shit. In an adventure game, being saddled with an NPC with no real choice is not appealing. And no, Cortana and the Dog are in no way equitable. I'm not even going to pretend that's a legitimate analogy, you shouldn't either. Stop that. What really irritates me more than anything though is that they do give you a choice but it's slanted as all get out. Better no choice than a heavily slanted one.

    So... games should be full of choices, but not so much with consequences?

    Oh come on, you know as well as I do this isn't even anywhere in the post. The implication of the two bolded parts is that I don't like not having choices but I'd rather have none than a false choice. The problem with the dog is that it's something you never get to opt to take or not take. You're saddled with it and told "Hey, but you can get rid of it as long as you have no problem with being a complete asshole".

    Does nothing about this seem a bit loaded to you? Nothing at all?

    Why can't we just have the option of obtaining the dog or NOT obtaining the dog instead? It seems like such a simple thing.

    You always have the option of not buying the game.

    Yeah. If you don't like something about a game, then you don't play it. Seems simple. No one is going to like every single design choice developers make. That's why every game doesn't get a perfect 10. The dog mechanic might lose Fable 2 a few points from some reviewers. It may win some from others. That's how it goes.

    Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Why are people trying to compare a GUI dog to Alyx Vance?

    If I'd needed to keep an eye on Vance to determine my own status in the game then yeah, I'd have probably resented the dumb bitch. Considering people still aren't entirely certain how the dog will work, and/or whether you can opt out of having to use it, I can't quite understand why people are-

    ...oh wait. Upcoming game thread. Gotcha.

    Looking forward to Fable 2, but I'll be wanting it on PC. So I'm either in for a long wait or disappointment D:

    since fable came to pc than there's no reason to believe that Fable 2 won't be on PC eventually

    Lothars on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    gleep-glop wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Yeah I DO have a problem with not having a choice, particularly when it's about highly unnecessary shit. In an adventure game, being saddled with an NPC with no real choice is not appealing. And no, Cortana and the Dog are in no way equitable. I'm not even going to pretend that's a legitimate analogy, you shouldn't either. Stop that. What really irritates me more than anything though is that they do give you a choice but it's slanted as all get out. Better no choice than a heavily slanted one.

    So... games should be full of choices, but not so much with consequences?

    Oh come on, you know as well as I do this isn't even anywhere in the post. The implication of the two bolded parts is that I don't like not having choices but I'd rather have none than a false choice. The problem with the dog is that it's something you never get to opt to take or not take. You're saddled with it and told "Hey, but you can get rid of it as long as you have no problem with being a complete asshole".

    Does nothing about this seem a bit loaded to you? Nothing at all?

    Why can't we just have the option of obtaining the dog or NOT obtaining the dog instead? It seems like such a simple thing.

    You always have the option of not buying the game.

    Having a problem with one facet of the game=being unable to enjoy the game or play it?

    'Kaaaaay.

    I'm going to play Fable 2, I'll end up having to deal with the dog, and I'll undoubtedly be mildly irritated by that. But it's something I can ignore because at the end of the day, oh fucking well. The fact that false choices are abound in games doesn't mean we have to have them. Fallacy of common practice, etcetera. I wish we could have the simpler option of choosing to take the dog or not, as opposed to choosing to abandon it to the wild even as it chases faithfully after it's spiteful master or not (damn it Molyneux, stop that), but if not...meh. *shrug*

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    bongi wrote: »
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    geez loise fiaryn, did you whine every time a game doesn't give you a choice about something or do you just hate dogs?

    'save cortana from the flood? but i don't wanna!'

    I'm going to assume you're joking, but in case you're not:

    Yeah I DO have a problem with not having a choice, particularly when it's about highly unnecessary shit. In an adventure game, being saddled with an NPC with no real choice is not appealing. And no, Cortana and the Dog are in no way equitable. I'm not even going to pretend that's a legitimate analogy, you shouldn't either. Stop that. What really irritates me more than anything though is that they do give you a choice but it's slanted as all get out. Better no choice than a heavily slanted one.

    "Oh sure you can not have the dog, just crush your empathy first and you're a-go!" :|
    alyx vance

    Never played through Half-Life 2, the game bored me to death. Couldn't give you a reason either, it's kinda odd.


    It's not that odd. The game is a tedious snooze-fest


    I am confused. I know what all these words mean, but I can't comprehend the sentence.

    Half-Life 2 =
    a screaming baby
    and yet your signature clearly shows you're playing through lost odyssey, being a jrpg, the only genre of game shown to be less exciting than watching paint dry

    I am enjoying the hell out of Lost Odyssey. I guess I like games with a story? And a protaganist that talks?
    Seriously, there is nothing to argue about, I think half-life 2 sucks and that really shouldn't ruin your day.
    I gave it an honest no shit full playthrough with the orange box... thank god portal ruled and EP2 had its moments.

    So how about that Fable dog?

    Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    How is Fable 1 anyway? I now have a 360, and wouldn't mind getting it for the 10 bucks amazon's advertising the Lost Chapters version for. Is it worth my 10 dollars?

    Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    How is Fable 1 anyway? I now have a 360, and wouldn't mind getting it for the 10 bucks amazon's advertising the Lost Chapters version for. Is it worth my 10 dollars?

    The best way to describe Fable 1 is "mind blowingly average". You'll play it, you'll enjoy it a bit, it'll kill time, but at the end of the day it's nothing worth writing home about.

    I wouldn't advise against buying it though, 10 dollars for the Lost Chapters version is a good buy.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    TOTALLY WORTH $10.

    I've never been into ANY RPG's, other than Skies Of Arcadia, and Fable is my all time favorite game. I seriously have played through Lost Chapters at least 3 times, and sometimes still pick it up just to get new tattoos and run around like an idiot.

    I run Oakwood now, I love that area. Thats where my HOT wife lives. Ugly wife is in Bowerstone.

    mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Its good but not what it was hyped up to be. I would say it is easily worth $10 for the music alone.

    Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The whole status thing aside, I wouldn't be surprised if years and years of being saddled with NPC alies who're usually as sharp as a sack of hammers hasn't created a reflexive disdain for them as a whole - I for one can't help but think that I'm going to wind up repeatedly headshotting the dog because it's constantly in the way.
    Its good but not what it was hyped up to be. I would say it is easily worth $10 for the cheesy Welsh accents alone.

    Sorenson on
  • Options
    gleep-glopgleep-glop Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    gleep-glop wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Yeah I DO have a problem with not having a choice, particularly when it's about highly unnecessary shit. In an adventure game, being saddled with an NPC with no real choice is not appealing. And no, Cortana and the Dog are in no way equitable. I'm not even going to pretend that's a legitimate analogy, you shouldn't either. Stop that. What really irritates me more than anything though is that they do give you a choice but it's slanted as all get out. Better no choice than a heavily slanted one.

    So... games should be full of choices, but not so much with consequences?

    Oh come on, you know as well as I do this isn't even anywhere in the post. The implication of the two bolded parts is that I don't like not having choices but I'd rather have none than a false choice. The problem with the dog is that it's something you never get to opt to take or not take. You're saddled with it and told "Hey, but you can get rid of it as long as you have no problem with being a complete asshole".

    Does nothing about this seem a bit loaded to you? Nothing at all?

    Why can't we just have the option of obtaining the dog or NOT obtaining the dog instead? It seems like such a simple thing.

    You always have the option of not buying the game.

    Having a problem with one facet of the game=being unable to enjoy the game or play it?

    Dunno, you tell me. I'm not the one bitching about having to put up with a dog in a game in which it is a supposedly important gameplay mechanic.

    gleep-glop on
    Gricon.jpg
  • Options
    j0hnz3rj0hnz3r Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fable 2 Co-op has me very very excited. VERY few developers have taken into consideration the fact that many of us have grown up and have significant others who we'd like to COOPERATIVELY game with. Just for that I applaud Peter and Lionhead Studios. I can't wait to play this with my wife.

    j0hnz3r on
    jedi_watchtower.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    gleep-glop wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    gleep-glop wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Yeah I DO have a problem with not having a choice, particularly when it's about highly unnecessary shit. In an adventure game, being saddled with an NPC with no real choice is not appealing. And no, Cortana and the Dog are in no way equitable. I'm not even going to pretend that's a legitimate analogy, you shouldn't either. Stop that. What really irritates me more than anything though is that they do give you a choice but it's slanted as all get out. Better no choice than a heavily slanted one.

    So... games should be full of choices, but not so much with consequences?

    Oh come on, you know as well as I do this isn't even anywhere in the post. The implication of the two bolded parts is that I don't like not having choices but I'd rather have none than a false choice. The problem with the dog is that it's something you never get to opt to take or not take. You're saddled with it and told "Hey, but you can get rid of it as long as you have no problem with being a complete asshole".

    Does nothing about this seem a bit loaded to you? Nothing at all?

    Why can't we just have the option of obtaining the dog or NOT obtaining the dog instead? It seems like such a simple thing.

    You always have the option of not buying the game.

    Having a problem with one facet of the game=being unable to enjoy the game or play it?

    Dunno, you tell me. I'm not the one bitching about having to put up with a dog in a game in which it is a supposedly important gameplay mechanic.

    The very fact that you can get rid of the dog at all (which you can, and you should know you can if you've been reading the posts) means that it is unnecessary to the game. With this in mind, can you understand why I'd prefer to have the choice to not take it along in the first place?

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I read that GameSpot article on Fable 2's coop

    Is it wrong that I thought it was sort of hilarious

    Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    j0hnz3r wrote: »
    Fable 2 Co-op has me very very excited. VERY few developers have taken into consideration the fact that many of us have grown up and have significant others who we'd like to COOPERATIVELY game with. Just for that I applaud Peter and Lionhead Studios. I can't wait to play this with my wife.

    Unless co-op is through live only! (I didn't notice if they specified the options available for co-op)

    Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    j0hnz3rj0hnz3r Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fireflash wrote: »
    j0hnz3r wrote: »
    Fable 2 Co-op has me very very excited. VERY few developers have taken into consideration the fact that many of us have grown up and have significant others who we'd like to COOPERATIVELY game with. Just for that I applaud Peter and Lionhead Studios. I can't wait to play this with my wife.

    Unless co-op is through live only! (I didn't notice if they specified the options available for co-op)

    It's on the same box on the same TV. There's video of it on Gametrailers.

    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30760.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30763.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30765.html

    This has me very happy. I hope they work out the camera issues and all the bugs. This could be a lot of fun to play with someone.

    j0hnz3r on
    jedi_watchtower.png
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fireflash wrote: »
    j0hnz3r wrote: »
    Fable 2 Co-op has me very very excited. VERY few developers have taken into consideration the fact that many of us have grown up and have significant others who we'd like to COOPERATIVELY game with. Just for that I applaud Peter and Lionhead Studios. I can't wait to play this with my wife.

    Unless co-op is through live only! (I didn't notice if they specified the options available for co-op)

    The GameSpot article implied that it was offline co-op.

    Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    gleep-glopgleep-glop Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    gleep-glop wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    gleep-glop wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Yeah I DO have a problem with not having a choice, particularly when it's about highly unnecessary shit. In an adventure game, being saddled with an NPC with no real choice is not appealing. And no, Cortana and the Dog are in no way equitable. I'm not even going to pretend that's a legitimate analogy, you shouldn't either. Stop that. What really irritates me more than anything though is that they do give you a choice but it's slanted as all get out. Better no choice than a heavily slanted one.

    So... games should be full of choices, but not so much with consequences?

    Oh come on, you know as well as I do this isn't even anywhere in the post. The implication of the two bolded parts is that I don't like not having choices but I'd rather have none than a false choice. The problem with the dog is that it's something you never get to opt to take or not take. You're saddled with it and told "Hey, but you can get rid of it as long as you have no problem with being a complete asshole".

    Does nothing about this seem a bit loaded to you? Nothing at all?

    Why can't we just have the option of obtaining the dog or NOT obtaining the dog instead? It seems like such a simple thing.

    You always have the option of not buying the game.

    Having a problem with one facet of the game=being unable to enjoy the game or play it?

    Dunno, you tell me. I'm not the one bitching about having to put up with a dog in a game in which it is a supposedly important gameplay mechanic.

    The very fact that you can get rid of the dog at all (which you can, and you should know you can if you've been reading the posts) means that it is unnecessary to the game. With this in mind, can you understand why I'd prefer to have the choice to not take it along in the first place?

    I'm at work and haven't seen the new videos yet, but didn't they say in the old 'dog concept' videos that the dog was, among other things, a replacement for the HUD? I could be totally mistaken on this, and they could have changed it, but in those early videos they made it sound like it was an integral part of the gameplay.

    gleep-glop on
    Gricon.jpg
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Quote tree avoidance. Anyhow, I don't know if it's still the HUD and whatnot. The last I heard of it performing any such role was aaaaaaaages ago. I know Molyneux has said that you can get rid of it by just running away from it and eventually the creature will give up chasing you (subtext: you heartless son of a bitch). If this is indeed the case, there's no good reason why we shouldn't have the option of not choosing to take the dog in the first place.

    That's really all I'm trying to say. I have no problem with the dog being in the game, and if it was in fact CRUCIAL TO THE GAME I'd not even bother saying these things. Bit moot at that point.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Can you link the source to where it says you are forced to take the dog in the game? I'm trying to catch up on all the Fable 2 info cause the new GDC stuff has me super hyped.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    j0hnz3r wrote: »
    Fireflash wrote: »
    j0hnz3r wrote: »
    Fable 2 Co-op has me very very excited. VERY few developers have taken into consideration the fact that many of us have grown up and have significant others who we'd like to COOPERATIVELY game with. Just for that I applaud Peter and Lionhead Studios. I can't wait to play this with my wife.

    Unless co-op is through live only! (I didn't notice if they specified the options available for co-op)

    It's on the same box on the same TV. There's video of it on Gametrailers.

    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30760.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30763.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30765.html

    This has me very happy. I hope they work out the camera issues and all the bugs. This could be a lot of fun to play with someone.

    Nice! And yeah, the camera might be harder to manage in this kind of game if it has to keep track of 2 players at the same time. Should be pretty much problem free as long as you're in wide open spaces tho.

    Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    I know Molyneux has said that you can get rid of it by just running away from it and eventually the creature will give up chasing you (subtext: you heartless son of a bitch).
    This just seems needlessly oversensitive.

    Orogogus on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Quote tree avoidance. Anyhow, I don't know if it's still the HUD and whatnot. The last I heard of it performing any such role was aaaaaaaages ago. I know Molyneux has said that you can get rid of it by just running away from it and eventually the creature will give up chasing you (subtext: you heartless son of a bitch). If this is indeed the case, there's no good reason why we shouldn't have the option of not choosing to take the dog in the first place.

    That's really all I'm trying to say. I have no problem with the dog being in the game, and if it was in fact CRUCIAL TO THE GAME I'd not even bother saying these things. Bit moot at that point.

    You clearly do, as you've spent the last three pages talking about it.

    My advice is to just wait and see what the final product has in regards to Doggate and not stress out about it so much. I hate to use The Image, but I will if I must. This is somewhat fitting, as the main reason I actually avoided the original Fable was because of all of the rhetoric and hubbub about the game that swirled in the months before its release so tainted so many people's experiences with the game that when I got my 360 last year and Fable became available as a gaming option to me, I just kind of avoided it because of all of the drama and handwringing about the game. The only thing I knew about it was that people had debated it to death months before it had actually come out.

    That said, I might give it a whirl if I find it cheap now.

    Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Seriously, where did anyone at Lionhead say the dog was compulsory? Inquiring minds need to know.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    From what I've followed of Fable 2, the whole idea is to make you care and if you feel like a dick for abandoning the dog, its working right. If you take it with you, you might find it the best ally and NPC character you've ever known. Who knows.

    Look. I'm quoting DarkWarrior because I agree with him. You bunch of bastards complaining about a dog in this game had better take note, because this is monumental. Unless it comes out and reviews say it's a horribly flawed mechanic that just does not work for the game, I will be absolutely fine with taking the dog with me as a companion. I already know I will empathise.

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fable 2 basically sounds like my girlfriend's wet dream in a game. She enjoyes playing open ended RPGs and she loves her some simy stuff like The Sims and Harvest Moon. When I described Fable 2 she seemed happy about it. And, we can play it together, so I think it's pretty much a must buy for us.

    Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Lunker wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Quote tree avoidance. Anyhow, I don't know if it's still the HUD and whatnot. The last I heard of it performing any such role was aaaaaaaages ago. I know Molyneux has said that you can get rid of it by just running away from it and eventually the creature will give up chasing you (subtext: you heartless son of a bitch). If this is indeed the case, there's no good reason why we shouldn't have the option of not choosing to take the dog in the first place.

    That's really all I'm trying to say. I have no problem with the dog being in the game, and if it was in fact CRUCIAL TO THE GAME I'd not even bother saying these things. Bit moot at that point.

    You clearly do, as you've spent the last three pages talking about it.

    :|

    My faith in the average PAers reading comprehension...misplaced?

    Edit for Scarab: Haven't found it yet. It's strongly implied just about everywhere, but that's not enough to assume that's the case, I'll admit that. The issue with the dog is hypothetical but well, so are a lot of things about Fable 2. :)

    I'll keep looking for you though.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    So you just hate good games. Gotcha!

    I think I'm allergic to Half-Life or something. I love everything else Valve produces, but the moment Half-Life enters the equation I go right to fucking sleep.


    Seconded.

    I dunno. When everyone I know both online and off busted a nut over Half Life 2, I was all "Meh". Pop guns, speedboats, and physics puzzles for the first chunk of the game? Just couldn't get myself to do it.
    and yet your signature clearly shows you're playing through lost odyssey, being a jrpg, the only genre of game shown to be less exciting than watching paint dry

    Mahjong would like to speak with you.

    Sheep on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey, Fable 2 sounds pretty cool. And if you play a woman, you can apparently get knocked up.

    That would...interesting. I don't think I'd feel comfortable having a pregnant woman fighting a huge group of bandits.

    Graviija on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Graviija wrote: »
    Hey, Fable 2 sounds pretty cool. And if you play a woman, you can apparently get knocked up.

    That would...interesting. I don't think I'd feel comfortable having a pregnant woman fighting a huge group of bandits.

    Wait what.

    Where did they say this? O_o

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Graviija wrote: »
    Hey, Fable 2 sounds pretty cool. And if you play a woman, you can apparently get knocked up.

    That would...interesting. I don't think I'd feel comfortable having a pregnant woman fighting a huge group of bandits.

    Wait what.

    Where did they say this? O_o
    I read it in the 1up preview.

    Graviija on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    "So now you mean it's a pregnancy simulator where I have to get pregnant and makes babies and if i get divorced i have to settle in courts and deal with being a single parent and then claim benefits this sounds dumb i hate this game"

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    2279428329_eba58dbafa.jpg
    2279437859_248da26525.jpg

    Now that's comedy.

    Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Final_BossFinal_Boss Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Anyone else try out the XNA demos? Dishwasher and Jelly Car were the only ones that I could see myself really getting into, JC in particular could be amazing if the final version included a level editor with the ability to share them with friends.

    Overall I'm really excited about what this new XNA initiative will bring to gamers, I may just decide to work on a couple things myself at some point...

    Final_Boss on
    360 & Steam: InfinityPrime
    PSN: Infinity_Prime
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    dishwasher is hella rad

    little gamers is basically Madness (the flash game), which is fun.

    Faricazy on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    So, while GDC isn't apparently a huge announcements platform, it is still a place to announce more than 2 sequels and one game which has been hammered a lot by critics and gamers, even if it is apparently improving. I'd also guess it means no price drop is coming soon or new SKU.

    And about the question I don't think anyone answered earlier. Are Sony and Nintendo getting a GDC thing as well? And when?

    DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Graviija wrote: »
    Hey, Fable 2 sounds pretty cool. And if you play a woman, you can apparently get knocked up.

    That would...interesting. I don't think I'd feel comfortable having a pregnant woman fighting a huge group of bandits.

    Wait what.

    Where did they say this? O_o

    Gametrailers has 3 parts to the developer walkthrough, and Molyneaux is joking about how he's pregnant in the game.

    Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    devolvedevolve Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    dishwasher is hella rad

    little gamers is basically Madness (the flash game), which is fun.


    Dishwasher is super fucking badass. If you own a 360 you need to download that shit now.

    If these are the kinds of games we can see from the XNA creator's club, then shit. the gloves are fucking off.

    devolve on
    detriot.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wow, 4? 5? pages of dog complaints and no one mentions the true issue. The reason why the guy is upset is that you have to choose to run away to get rid of it. Why can't you give the dog to a nice kid? Why can't you give it to a blind man, or to a woman as a gift? It's forcing you to be a dick to get rid of it. I think that's the point the other person was trying to make, and a point I agree with.

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
Sign In or Register to comment.