Options

Single person RPG's?

12346»

• Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You can't go wrong with Wizardry 6-8. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the Astral Dominae?

etoychest on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The only wizardry and might and magic games I"ve played are the ones that got SNES ports. I.E the really ancient ones. Thinking about playing them makes me D:

Those ones aren't single player though.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    There's a patch. But they are also reissuing it iirc.

Edit: The Witcher that is.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The only wizardry and might and magic games I"ve played are the ones that got SNES ports. I.E the really ancient ones. Thinking about playing them makes me D:

Just about any RPG can be single player if you just kill off your mans.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wizardry is only Wizardry if it's on the PC and you port your party from one game to the next.

edit..I have to amend that, because Atlus puit out a really great PS2 Wizardry game a few years back that is old school and is ACES.

etoychest on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Yep, and along those lines, BG 2 can be pretty fun and challenging solo. Have to powergame to do it, though.
    etoychest wrote: »

edit..I have to amend that, because Atlus puit out a really great PS2 Wizardry game a few years back that is old school and is ACES.

Wizardry is like the Metal Gear of American games, the Japanese like it more than we do.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Yep, and along those lines, BG 2 can be pretty fun and challenging solo. Have to powergame to do it, though.
    etoychest wrote: »

Wizardry is like the Metal Gear of American games, the Japanese like it more than we do.

I need to move.

Well I guess I am soon, though not to Japan...to Portland.

etoychest on
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Read over the thread and saw lots of talk about a PC game named Sacred. If you're interested (like I was), Goozex has it for 100 points, meaning you can get it for free if you're a new user, or next-to-free if you're not. They have 10 or so copies available at time of this post.

Please note: the boxed version of Sacred Plus is 200 points, however anyone with the vanilla, 100-point version can download the official 130MB patch freely from the game's website. Voila, Sacred Plus for free (or dirt cheap).

Fluff:
    If you're feeling especially nice and interested in actively trading games, do someone a favor and sign up using their referral link from the PA thread linked above; you both get points out your first good trade.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MechMantis wrote: »
    NoelVeiga wrote: »

Yeah. Oblivion is actually smaller than Morrowind, which is just one province of Daggerfall. I'd understood that Oblivion took place in the imperial province of Daggerfall, not somewhere else in Tamriel, but that was still huge and even the smallest provinces in Daggerfall had dozens of cities.

As I said, count my vote for another randomly generated TES game.

Also, slightly off topic relating what MundaneSoul said: Yeah, what the heck is up with the 360's library, I'm itching for something new to play and there's nothing coming up in MONTHS, damnit.

Wait

Wait what.

What are you saying?

That the Imperial Province in Oblivion is part of the fief of Daggerfall?

No. That is stupid. You are stupid.

And that Morrowind was another province of Daggerfall? They're on different sides of the continent of Tamriel!

EDIT: Oh. Hm. That was in February. Why did I not see this dumbassery before?

The point is that each game after Daggerfall has a sigificantly smaller landmass and fewer destinations. This is absolutely true.

The way he worded it suggested a very very incorrect sense of location.

The scales are about correct, although the landmass of Cyrodiil is slightly larger than the landmass of Vvardenfell.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    PompaPompa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Silpheed wrote: »
    I have Vagrant Story on my modded PS1 (thanks for shitting all over the PAL region, Square) and I enjoyed it but I don't think I got very far into it. I know though that if Square-Enix were to re-release that title on the PSP, I'd have to buy bot that game and a brand new PSP.

this, what is this? what did square do? i used to have vagrant story, but it was too hard (at the time) for me to get into. i just felt it was too much effort, but i pine for it again. what did they change?

Pompa on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Silpheed wrote: »
    The Witcher is an awesome single player RPG.
    Indeed it is but I'm waiting for the enhanced version that's due some time this year.
    ETA?

GungHo on
  • Options
    ProcessOfBeliefProcessOfBelief Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wow, we're just calling them Single Player RPG's now? I remember when they were just called RPG's and the MMO's were an off shoot of that.

Times have changed indeed =/

ProcessOfBelief on
  • Options
    Grid SystemGrid System Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The OP wrote:
    Since I've just completed the main story in Oblivion I decided to put this game on the shelves for now. The problem is that I'm still in the mood for RPG's where you play as a single character.
    Holy shit?

Grid System on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I was asking for RPG's where you play as a single character since I was tired of partybased RPG's at the time I created this topic. I can understand that most people would read it as Single Player RPG though :P

Gungho: As far as I know the ETA for the improved version of the Witcher is late summer, early autumn.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Out of curiosity, anything appeal to you so far, Silpheed?

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    IceBurner wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, anything appeal to you so far, Silpheed?
    Sure, if anything it's almost too many games. I'm currently playing Sacred: Gold and The Witcher(although I have this one on the backburner). I'm also thinking about firing up Vagrant Story and Space Rangers 2.

Silpheed on