edited February 2008
    do you know what prepared me for civ 4?

civ 1-3 mothafuckas

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This classical music nerd hates you too, VH :P

Hey, I love classical music as much as the next guy. Shit, I sing in a chorale and a chamber singers group.

Just get off my case when I want to listen to a little Freezepop or something. :P

I don't know what Freezepop is.

I'm a pretty live-and-let-live kind of person. But what I won't stand for is someone trying to tell me some band is good when it's really not. Like Muse. You can enjoy Muse as much as you want, just don't try to tell me it has musical significance beyond any other pop/alt band out there. And don't try to tell me they were better before they "sold out," because no, they really weren't, they were just as bad before.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Freezepop is meh.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    do you know what prepared me for civ 4?

civ 1-3 mothafuckas
    Man Civ 1 is for looosers. Civ 2 was so much better in every way.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Freezepop is meh.

You are allowed to have that opinion.

I like to listen to them, though. And I'd rather not have to defend my opinion on music, particularly when I never meant to engage in a musical discussion in the first place.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Civ 1 was hilarious. The battles were all decided by rolling attack vs. defense. Thusly (and rather frequently actually) hilarious outcomes would occur, like a settler defeating a battleship, a miltia defeated a fortified rifle squad on some hills, and, most famously, a nuclear missile being shot down by a musketeer (it still blew up though).

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I still haven't gotten to play Beyond the Sword yet. :(

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I need a pimper computer. The only maps I enjoy any more are the biggest ones I can find of the real world, with the maximum number of civs.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is pimper a word?

Loren, that's a stretch, even for my vocabulary.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That reminds me. I had a question.

Are the expansions expansions to the original game, or are they more separate? The Kingdoms expansion for Medieval 2 threw me for a loop when it was basically 4 more, separate, games.

Were I to play Beyond the Sword, would I be in effect playing a separate game from the original Civ 4, or would it in fact be the same game with additions?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Is pimper a word?

It's the the pimpinest word, man.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    It is sort of as though you just said that your large prior experience driving should prepare you for wakeboarding.

Like those games do not prepare you for Civ even a little bit. Like, SimCity probably prepares you more. That's what prepared me, at least.

But those are the games I think of when I think "strategy gaming," so I was a bit perplexed.

I did however play Sim City for the Snes, and Sim Tower for the computer, so to know that is a help.

Nostalgia! My first legitimate strategy game was Lord of War 2. It still holds a very special place in my heart, and I even remember my favorite starting territory (it held two quarries and nearby territories as well were rich in resources)

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Freezepop is meh.

You are allowed to have that opinion.

I like to listen to them, though. And I'd rather not have to defend my opinion on music, particularly when I never meant to engage in a musical discussion in the first place.

I like that one song by System of a Down. I have nothing to say for myself, other than I am ashamed. If you don't like System of a Down, you are a better person than me. But I won't deny that I like it.

I just wish other people would have the same philosophy about shitty bands they like.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    ohh did anyone play castles: siege and conquest

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Toeclicking failed. My mouse wasn't nearly long enough. I settled to just model tops. :G

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Toeclicking failed. My mouse wasn't nearly long enough. I settled to just model tops. :G

Nooo! There has to be a way... How long is your camera cord?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Your "overrated" claim depends entirely on your own experience. If people have been sacrificing virgins to Roger Waters, then I'd agree.

Otherwise you can shut your mouth right now before I send you back to mother in a cardboard box.

I say overrated not because the music isn't as good as people say, because it is for the most part, but because Pink Floyd inspires such a ridiculously dedicated group of fans that deride pretty much any other artist ever in comparison to Pink Floyd.

I mean, sure there are Pink Floyd fans who are just fine. But aside from classical music nerds, I've never encountered such a high percentage of pretentious douchebags among an artist's fans as I have with Pink Floyd fans.

So yeah, I don't have a beef with the band so much as I'm annoyed by the fans.

I can completely understand, since I think the band is rad enough to inspire this kind of zealotry with its fans, but I've honestly never met an outspoken Pink Floyd fan. Maybe it's my age group.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    questionabledudequestionabledude Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    All that music stuff up there... that's why I only listen to whatever's on the radio. I don't need more complexity in my life.

questionabledude on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    All that music stuff up there... that's why I only listen to whatever's on the radio. I don't need more complexity in my life.

Greeper on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Do you have the option of saving video? You could just record normally and then go through and select frames. It'd be a bit of a hassle, but would work.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Is pimper a word?

I have an experimental and mixtastic approach to language.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »

Do you have the option of saving video? You could just record normally and then go through and select frames. It'd be a bit of a hassle, but would work.
    Nah, it only works to take stills and with applications like Yahoo! Messenger. I think that some of those applications would let me take the video and then grab frames from it, but it's more work than even I am willing to put into being self-absorbed. :K

Good idea, though! ^^

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Is pimper a word?

Loren, is that your iris in your av?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Er, it's one of those integrated laptop cams. It sits at the top of the lid. :P

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Is pimper a word?

You should learn Thugjitsu, it would make you pimper.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    It's from 1984 I think.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Were I to play Beyond the Sword, would I be in effect playing a separate game from the original Civ 4, or would it in fact be the same game with additions?

Additions.

You should also look into the Fall From Heaven mod, as it is so fucking sweet and turns Civ into a crazy fucking fantasy game with pirates and demons and oh my god.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Man, The Big Lebowski is a great movie.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Is pimper a word?

No, mine are gray-blue.

I'd do my own eye if the macro feature on my camera hadn't broken by some asshole from Ukraine.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Man, The Big Lebowski is a great movie.

Isn't it though?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I'll telling you civ one was where it was at

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I AM THE PRINCE/SS OF THE STARS

Oboro: Behind the Falsies

no I would not wear that outside if I wanted to appear older than 16 yes it is still awesome

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    My untouched typos are now art.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Er, it's one of those integrated laptop cams. It sits at the top of the lid. :P

Ok. I've got it.

Get a soda can and cut the top and bottom off. Now get 3 or 4 two inch .5 inch diameter wood cylinders. Rest the hollowed tube of a soda can on the equally spaced "pillars."

Poke two hole on opposite sides of the top of the soda can and needle a small toothpick like object through. Get a small appr. 1 inch length of string. Chew a stick of bubble gum for about a minute until it's out of sugar and can dry well, and form it around the soda tab. Roll it in dirt or get more gum if you have to. this tab/gum object has to be heavy enough to click the mouse from appr. a 2 to 3 inch drop. Make sure to leave one loop of the soda tab uncovered.

Tie the soda tab to the toothpick. Tie another piece of string to exactly where the first piece of string is. Place your mouse's left button directly under your tabgum object.

Light the second string on fire. It'll burn until it hits the first string, the object will drop. Picture taken.

The length of the first string depends on how long you want your delay to be.

If this is too much work you could always just throw quarters at the mouse button and see if that works.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Paprika was pretty weird. I liked it though.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Additions.

You should also look into the Fall From Heaven mod, as it is so fucking sweet and turns Civ into a crazy fucking fantasy game with pirates and demons and oh my god.

Done and fucking done.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think I need to get an iPod for the gym.

Then, I will download Money Talk to listen to while lifting weights.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    JamesKeenan can you hold for a moment I need to get Tube on the phone to change your name to RubeGoldberg

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    so guys, why do Vaios suck so much ass?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    JamesKeenan can you hold for a moment I need to get Tube on the phone to change your name to RubeGoldberg

Wait until I start incorporating pool balls.

JamesKeenan on
This discussion has been closed.