Options

Another Brick in the [chat]

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's sad when someone is so predictable in not bothering to call when they say they're going to call that you completely ignore the possibility of them calling.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Hey VH. Know what's rocking out more than Daywatch the book?

The movie.

Does it? I loved Night Watch, and managed to catch in theatre, but completely missed Day Watch. :(
    The Day Watch book has nearly fuck all to do with the Day Watch. If you're expecting that you'll be disappointed. If you're like VH and expect more Anton you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quid on
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Apparently my roommate's girlfriend is having a party at her new house tomorrow night. What are the chances that one of the three people I'm driving around from out of town to canvas for Obama will be an attractive young lady that'll be interested in going to a party at a strange house in a strange city with a strange dude, such as myself?

I'm probably thinking too much into this.

jotate on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Shit. My phone is in the other room and I have the music blasting. I could have missed opportunities.
    If there is even a slight chance of me getting a call I take my phone everywhere

in the shower (lost one this way)

in one of my hands while I drive (drove off the road this way)

against my chest while I sleep (got some bad bedsores this way)

I hate my phone because a) I am a misanthropist and b) It doesn't have a fucking keyboard and no one fucking calls, they TEXT and TEXT and TEXT and TEXT. Such texting makes me very vexed.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Stop comparing Daywatch the movie to Daywatch the book! They cover different things!

That would be like saying "Hey, you know what rocks more than Two Towers the book? Fellowship of the Ring, the movie."

Anyway, I actually really enjoyed the movie. I liked the plot from Night Watch better, but I remember really enjoying myself at the movie.

I actually got to see Daywatch at a preview showing at one of LA's premium movie theaters. It was pretty great.

When
    Semyon's truck busts right through the Day Watch's truck

I stood up and was like "OH SHIT! HOLY SHIT!"

God, that was an awesome movie...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    I forgot how much I liked The Kids in the Hall. So funny.

Why must you people instist on using my name when not referring to me?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So Oboro, how does this girl think of you?

I mean, does she think you're a boy, girl, or transsexual?
    She called me a fag and told me she hates my gay clothes.

Well, fuck her. We love your faggy clothes.

jotate on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2008

The movie.

Does it? I loved Night Watch, and managed to catch in theatre, but completely missed Day Watch. :(
    The Day Watch book has nearly fuck all to do with the Day Watch. If you're expecting that you'll be disappointed. If you're like VH and expect more Anton you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Never read the books. I'm all movie.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    It's sad when someone is so predictable in not bothering to call when they say they're going to call that you completely ignore the possibility of them calling.

Man I wish I could do that.

Nah, no I don't. Hope is pretty great.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Shit. My phone is in the other room and I have the music blasting. I could have missed opportunities.
    If there is even a slight chance of me getting a call I take my phone everywhere

in the shower (lost one this way)

in one of my hands while I drive (drove off the road this way)

against my chest while I sleep (got some bad bedsores this way)

I hate my phone because a) I am a misanthropist and b) It doesn't have a fucking keyboard and no one fucking calls, they TEXT and TEXT and TEXT and TEXT. Such texting makes me very vexed.

You had the perfect opportunity to make this very poetic. You were almost there. :(

jotate on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Feb 23 00:20:53 Pangu /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd[3656]: No pre-backup thinning needed: 1.14 GB requested (including padding), 4.34 GB available
    Feb 23 00:20:57 Pangu /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd[3656]: Copied 504 files (3.1 MB) from volume 天.
    Feb 23 00:20:57 Pangu /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd[3656]: Copied 511 files (3.1 MB) from volume Universalis.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Day Watch was really, really good. I want one of those balls.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

No one mentioned Paul McCartney...

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Stop comparing Daywatch the movie to Daywatch the book! They cover different things!

That would be like saying "Hey, you know what rocks more than Two Towers the book? Fellowship of the Ring, the movie."

Except those have different names.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008

The movie.

Never read the books. I'm all movie.
    The movie starts off with a crusader dematerializing and rematerializing the walls of a castle he's storming. Meanwhile crows swoop over him and transform into swordsmen. It is an excellent Russian popcorn flick.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

No one mentioned Paul McCartney...

^ plebe all up ins

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Sure enough. Message. Lets get together. Then again. I'm drunk on hallucinogenic vodka so it might be best to stay put. OMG I recorded Pocahontas a while back and somehow it came up on my mix. Damn I am a shitty singer and a worse guitar player.

Aurora borealis
    The icy sky at night
    Paddles cut the water
    In a long and hurried flight
    From the white man
    to the fields of green
    And the homeland
    we've never seen.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You’re the one that chose an ill-advised handle.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Church wrote: »

I've known her for over three years.

At this point Hope would actually be Stupidity.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    hippies couldn't organize a wood-fuck if their dicks depended on it

There is a puzzle in here somewhere. Or a koan.
    At the temple-on-the-field, a monk sat in the midday sun deep in meditation. A man in garish attire approached, and told his companion, "See? I told you! These guys know nature like nothing else!"

Delighted that the two men had come to the temple, the monk returned from the state of his meditation to welcome them, and to tell them they were welcome to meditate beside him on the paved temple floor, before closing his eyes and leaving once again.

The man in garish attire removed his shoes and excitedly informed his friend, "Check it out, I'm going all in!" removing the rest of his clothing as well. He stepped onto the pavement and at once felt a twinge of pain shoot through him -- he hopped on one foot, but his friend urged him to just sit down as the monk.

And so, he sat down, and in a single moment lost both the smug smile on his face and the outermost layer of skin protecting his testicles.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Maeking babiez
    advanced_technology.png

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Muahaha. An H/A thread has been made.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Anyone know of songs I can find on youtube that induce journey feeling, like not trippy, but kind of grooving, flowing, travelling?

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Church wrote: »

I've known her for over three years.

At this point Hope would actually be Stupidity.

Hope and stupidity are my bread and butter.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You know what really grinds my gears? When bands release albums that have that put that little "hidden track" on the end, but put several minutes of silence between the hidden track and the last song.

Yeah, we get it, Band, there's something else there. We're not playing fucking records or tapes anymore. There's a digital counter that shows you went to the next track and are still counting the seconds. I don't have the fucking patience for this shit.

jotate on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Maeking babiez
    advanced_technology.png

A really creepy, organic, squishy factory.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    jotate wrote: »
    ...not poetic blah...

You had the perfect opportunity to make this very poetic. You were almost there. :(

I seriously thought about working on it and then said fuckit I need to check my messages.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

It's a simple statement of fact

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    You’re the one that chose an ill-advised handle.

Man, I can't remember the last time I was called by my given name.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Anyone know of songs I can find on youtube that induce journey feeling, like not trippy, but kind of grooving, flowing, travelling?

Eh?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1zsUIosoA

jotate on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You know what really grinds my gears? When bands release albums that have that put that little "hidden track" on the end, but put several minutes of silence between the hidden track and the last song.

Yeah, we get it, Band, there's something else there. We're not playing fucking records or tapes anymore. There's a digital counter that shows you went to the next track and are still counting the seconds. I don't have the fucking patience for this shit.
    The newest Ok Go album has a 37 minute track of silence. I don't really understand...

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

The movie.

That's hardly fair.

Spoilers coming:

First third of the book:
    The first third of the book is completely about that one Day Watch chick who lost her powers and had to go to that camp or whatever. That's definitely about the Day Watch.

Second third of the book:
    The second third focuses mostly on the Mirror, who is being controlled mostly by the Day Watch. A goodly portion of it is told from his point of view, and you find out a lot more about the inner workings of the Day Watch. This part is also mostly about the Day Watch.

Third third of the book:
    The third third is about getting the Talon or whatever from the guys who stole it. This is the only part of the book that I could see you thinking isn't about the Day Watch, even though it's really about both the Day Watch and the Night Watch. I'll call this one a wash.

So to say the book Day Watch has "fuck all" to do with the Day Watch is pretty much flat-out wrong.

Plus, the movie Day Watch is mostly about the Night Watch. But you fucking loved the movie!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Every time Reel Big Fish's Cool Ending comes up on my iPod drives me crazy for this specific reason.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

jotate on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

At the temple-on-the-field, a monk sat in the midday sun deep in meditation. A man in garish attire approached, and told his companion, "See? I told you! These guys know nature like nothing else!"

Delighted that the two men had come to the temple, the monk returned from the state of his meditation to welcome them, and to tell them they were welcome to meditate beside him on the paved temple floor, before closing his eyes and leaving once again.

The man in garish attire removed his shoes and excitedly informed his friend, "Check it out, I'm going all in!" removing the rest of his clothing as well. He stepped onto the pavement and at once felt a twinge of pain shoot through him -- he hopped on one foot, but his friend urged him to just sit down as the monk.

And so, he sat down, and in a single moment lost both the smug smile on his face and the outermost layer of skin protecting his testicles.

This is more a cautionary tale than a koan. Although for all I know koan means cautionary tale in whatever language koan is in.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

First time that happened I cranked it super loud to see what I was missing.

Music started and damn near blew out my eardrums.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FgH2pO9jE2U

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008

The newest Ok Go album has a 37 minute track of silence. I don't really understand...
    Oh, wikipedia tells me that it is a 37 minute track of pure creepy.
    "9027 KM", which is not listed on the album sleeve, is a 35-minute track of singer Damian Kulash's girlfriend sleeping, included on the US version of the album. He says there is good reason for it, but as of now, fans do not know why, except for a discovery by sherib on the official OK GO forums, which showed that the distance between Los Angeles, California and Malmö, Sweden was 9027 Kilometers (KM).[citation needed] It has been rumored that the track was added to pad out the CD so that their label could not use the extra space to add DRM.

• Options
    edited February 2008

This is why I hate new bands. Too big for their fucking britches.

Wonder_Hippie on
This discussion has been closed.