Just switched back to Celtics-Suns.

45-60. Hilarious.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    jotate wrote: »
    You know what really grinds my gears? When bands release albums that have that put that little "hidden track" on the end, but put several minutes of silence between the hidden track and the last song.

Yeah, we get it, Band, there's something else there. We're not playing fucking records or tapes anymore. There's a digital counter that shows you went to the next track and are still counting the seconds. I don't have the fucking patience for this shit.

I was more interested in the more hidden tracks where you have to rewind from a certain song (usually the first) to hear it.

with increased digital technology, it should be possible to design a CD with a song only reachable if you, like, Up (volume), Up, Down, Down, left right left right... or something.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Church wrote: »
    Stop comparing Daywatch the movie to Daywatch the book! They cover different things!

That would be like saying "Hey, you know what rocks more than Two Towers the book? Fellowship of the Ring, the movie."

Except those have different names.

Night Watch the book by Terry Pratchett and Night Watch the movie have the same names. But nobody's comparing those, are they?

Day Watch the movie takes place during Night Watch the book. To compare Day Watch the movie with Day Watch the book is stupid, because they are entirely different plots.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    jotate wrote: »
    You know what really grinds my gears? When bands release albums that have that put that little "hidden track" on the end, but put several minutes of silence between the hidden track and the last song.

Yeah, we get it, Band, there's something else there. We're not playing fucking records or tapes anymore. There's a digital counter that shows you went to the next track and are still counting the seconds. I don't have the fucking patience for this shit.
    The newest Ok Go album has a 37 minute track of silence. I don't really understand...
    Oh, wikipedia tells me that it is a 37 minute track of pure creepy.
    "9027 KM", which is not listed on the album sleeve, is a 35-minute track of singer Damian Kulash's girlfriend sleeping, included on the US version of the album. He says there is good reason for it, but as of now, fans do not know why, except for a discovery by sherib on the official OK GO forums, which showed that the distance between Los Angeles, California and Malmö, Sweden was 9027 Kilometers (KM).[citation needed] It has been rumored that the track was added to pad out the CD so that their label could not use the extra space to add DRM.

If this is true, then OK Go is exempted from my wrath.

jotate on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    hippies couldn't organize a wood-fuck if their dicks depended on it

There is a puzzle in here somewhere. Or a koan.

It's a simple statement of fact

It is an hypothesis, which, I speculate, rests upon some empirical bases.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    oh my god my legs simply do not exist anymore

they have ceased to exist and have been replaced by an abject pain

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The first part of the book is about a character that could have been interesting but is killed off.

The second bit isn't about the Day Watch, it's about someone being guided by the Day Watch but ultimately controlled by the the Gloom and entirely unrelated to both sides or even the Inquistition. Meanwhile we're spending time on the Night Watch taking a fucking vacation.
    I haven't read the third story because the above reasons.

I hold much lower standards for movies.

Quid on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Hope and stupidity are my bread and butter.

Yeah, I don't actually eat butter.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Stop comparing Daywatch the movie to Daywatch the book! They cover different things!

That would be like saying "Hey, you know what rocks more than Two Towers the book? Fellowship of the Ring, the movie."

Night Watch the book by Terry Pratchett and Night Watch the movie have the same names. But nobody's comparing those, are they?

Day Watch the movie takes place during Night Watch the book. To compare Day Watch the movie with Day Watch the book is stupid, because they are entirely different plots.

Except those are by different authors and not related in any way at all. Keep trying and you'll eventually come to the correct conclusion that it is reasonable to compare two directly related pieces of media that have the same name, and that what is stupid is to give them the same name when they are in fact completely dissimilar in plot.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Hope and stupidity are my bread and butter.

Yeah, I don't actually eat butter.

You better hope the butter was the stupidity. Which you couldn't do if you didn't eat the butter if it were hope to begin with.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    oh my god my legs simply do not exist anymore

they have ceased to exist and have been replaced by an abject pain

That sucks. Which part of your legs? Calves? Because the last time I ran was for some 5K breast cancer thing last year and I couldn't walk normal for a week after because my calves were totally wrecked. Calves take a while to get back in order.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    God, Church, stop being a fucking pedant.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Is there any good reason my legs should be so terribly painful? The last time I went jogging was three nights ago, and it didn't hurt at all then. It's just gotten progressively worse, even on the days of inactivity. I feel like they're literally just turning to ash. Just getting from the chair to the bathroom now requires a good deal of bracing against the wall. :/

EDIT It's mostly the calves yeah, I guess they're just being bitchy. My ankles hurt too, but I know that's my own fault for setting them myself [improperly] after numerous teenage injuries.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Is there any good reason my legs should be so terribly painful? The last time I went jogging was three nights ago, and it didn't hurt at all then. It's just gotten progressively worse, even on the days of inactivity. I feel like they're literally just turning to ash. Just getting from the chair to the bathroom now requires a good deal of bracing against the wall. :/

I get like that, but it's because I sit on them weird when I'm at work.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    The first part of the book is about a character that could have been interesting but is killed off.

The second bit isn't about the Day Watch, it's about someone being guided by the Day Watch but ultimately controlled by the the Gloom and entirely unrelated to both sides or even the Inquistition. Meanwhile we're spending time on the Night Watch taking a fucking vacation.
    I haven't read the third book because the above reasons.

The first and second parts of Day Watch are the only places in the series where you get to see the behind-the-scenes portion of the actual Day Watch. The Mirror is invited into the Day Watch headquarters, and he interacts with the Day Watch people. He's not "ultimately unrelated" to both sides; he's a key portion of Zabulon's plot in the book.

Twilight Watch has a lot about the Inquisition, if you're interested in finding out how that works.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Shit. I'm on the same side as Church.

Everything I'm arguing has come into question.

Quid on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

EDIT It's mostly the calves yeah, I guess they're just being bitchy. My ankles hurt too, but I know that's my own fault for setting them myself [improperly] after numerous teenage injuries.
    Try eating something, then not throwing it up.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    fuck I need to validate my appearance somehow

uhhhhhhh

EDIT Alright you are going to have a long road to go proving to me that my dietary habits have anything to do with my legs.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Quid wrote: »

I haven't read the third book because the above reasons.

The first and second parts of Day Watch are the only places in the series where you get to see the behind-the-scenes portion of the actual Day Watch. The Mirror is invited into the Day Watch headquarters, and he interacts with the Day Watch people. He's not "ultimately unrelated" to both sides; he's a key portion of Zabulon's plot in the book.

Twilight Watch has a lot about the Inquisition, if you're interested in finding out how that works.
    Please, it's heavily hinted that he's just as much a part of Semyon's plans too.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Waitaminnut.

Where the fuck is my girlfriend? It's after midnight. She should have been home from work two hours ago.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    God, Church, stop being a fucking pedant.

I'm not being pedantic. Giving the same name to two pieces of related media with dissimilar plots is stupid.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008

uhhhhhhh

EDIT Alright you are going to have a long road to go proving to me that my dietary habits have anything to do with my legs.

Dietary habits have everything to do with your entire body.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Except those are by different authors and not related in any way at all. Keep trying and you'll eventually come to the correct conclusion that it is reasonable to compare two directly related pieces of media that have the same name, and that what is stupid is to give them the same name when they are in fact completely dissimilar in plot.

Yes, it was stupid to give them the same name. It's still fucking retarded to compare them in terms of which has better content, because the content is completely different in each medium.

Second the request to stop being a fucking pedant.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey Quid.

Have a new video for your sig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkgMbU-we1o

jotate on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I've given up on the evening as I cannot operate a motor vehicle in my present condition. I am going to drink MORE and regret it tomorrow. I also need to take Joy Division out of my rotation. I want to listen to a certain Cure song and I'll never find the damn CD.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Try eating something, then not throwing it up.
    What is this, H/A? Who cares about useful advice?

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So. Dating site I signed up for as a joke in SE++ turned out to have some cute girls on it. Proceed with caution or trust that they're probably crazy and walk away?

Sami on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

uhhhhhhh

Potassium helps a lot with sore muscles. Eat a banana every day. Also stretch more.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2008
    Sami wrote: »
    So. Dating site I signed up for as a joke in SE++ turned out to have some cute girls on it. Proceed with caution or trust that they're probably crazy and walk away?

Head-first!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Second the request to stop being a fucking pedant.

Are you sure you know what a pedant is? I'm saying that it's stupid to give them the same name if they're not the same story and are related. What is pedantic about that?

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

uhhhhhhh

You don't eat anything, therefore your body doesn't have anything to live off of, so it starts consuming itself, including your muscles. There are a shitload of muscles in the legs. So, you jog, you walk everywhere, you have a fast metabolism, you burn a bunch of calories, then you don't eat anything; the energy has to come from somewhere.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Church

let's play a game :3:heart:

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    goddammit Than...

I was excited when I saw the PM because I thought it was from someone else helping me out with something.

Getting me all excited and then letting me down. It's because you hate southerners.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Added to the favorites jotate.

A new one will be available tomorrow.

Quid on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah fuck it, what do I have to lose?

Sami on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Good god. The ITT tech thread keeps getting even more depressing. I kind of want to start encouraging people to screw up their education so at least I can laugh at people who are thrashing in the water instead of trying to help them, only to be told what's what by some guy who doesn't know anything.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oboro

let's exercise lifestyle choices that won't kill us :3:heart:

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008

uhhhhhhh

You don't eat anything, therefore your body doesn't have anything to live off of, so it starts consuming itself, including your muscles. There are a shitload of muscles in the legs. So, you jog, you walk everywhere, you have a fast metabolism, you burn a bunch of calories, then you don't eat anything; the energy has to come from somewhere.
    So I'm eating myself.

Alright. We'll figure a solution for this out. One of the diet websites I use has a calculator that doesn't just count calories from food, it counts calories from exercise. So, in order to not eat myself, I just need to not have a negative balance. Honestly, it's a freak occurrence I was going negative at all if I was, I try and stay around 600 calories a day.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

uhhhhhhh

Seriously.

I'm pretty sure most of the 30+ pounds of muscle I lost from dieting was from my legs. Considering leg muscle is less important as your body becomes lighter, it's a pretty obvious place for it to steal from anyways.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oboro

let's exrcise lifestyle choices that won't kill us :3:heart:
    THIS IS A BORING GAME

I'll just go camwhore with my shitty laptop camera again if you're going to be a bo-bobo-boring boy

Oboro on
    words
This discussion has been closed.