As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Holy Shit All Points Bulletin CLOSED BETA THIS WEEK!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Some of the characters in the concept art are pretty out there. Punk or goth or something. I am not much of a fashion/scene person, but people really do dress kind of like that. The game just exaggerates it.

Corben Dallas, Simon Phoenix, whats his name from Battle Royale (the sociopath with the red hair), Travis Touchdown, all of these need to be made with that character creator.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    There's only one specific scene I want from this game.

I want to arrest a tank-top wearing criminal for domestic violence while driving in my cop car blaring the COPS' "Bad Boys" theme song.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Darklyre wrote: »
    There's only one specific scene I want from this game.

I want to arrest a tank-top wearing criminal for domestic violence while driving in my cop car blaring the COPS' "Bad Boys" theme song.

EVERYONE will be Will Smith.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I call Vic Mackey!

really with all the Shield and Law & Order I've been watching, being a cop sounds (and looks) like a much funner option, there will ALWAYS be criminals to bust!

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So just a thought I had, how long before this game gets sued for copy-write infringement like CoX did? With the massive character creator you'll certainly be able to recreate "famous" avatars, one of the videos mentioned them recreating FFVII with someone as Cloud.

Last Son on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    OMG! I just realized we will be able to reenact scences from Heat in this game!

Where is the fucking van!?

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    One thing that worried me though was the fact that they said in that article that 4 low "level" criminals tried to steal a tv and one higher level enforcer came by and blew them all up with a rocket launcher.

That sounds kinda.... weak.
    Not if Ronny Cox is involved.
    robo_dickjones.jpg

Senshi wrote: »
    Modelling characters after people from Hill Street Blues will be fun, fun, fun.

Or Miami Vice.
    sledgehammer1.jpg

GungHo on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dibs on Nicholas Angel.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Dibs on the Fatman!
    Jake_and_the_Fatman.jpg

Axen on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    HEAT_M4_shorty_Shootout.gif
    HEAT_FAL_sweep.gif

such a good movie

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You know posting stuff in a spoiler doesn't stop it from loading, it just stops it from displaying. Everyone's still loading those massive gifs.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    JohnMcClane.jpg

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Axen wrote: »
    OMG! I just realized we will be able to reenact scences from Heat in this game!
    Man, forget that. Screaming "MADE IT, MA! TOP O' THE WORLD!" with multiple gunshot wounds culminating in a massive explosion that kills everyone within a one-block radius is where it's at.

Which reminds me, there better be some fuckawesome demolition and explosives capabilities in this game. if there's one thing Saint's Row did really well, it was making tankers fucking deadly to have shootouts around.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I hope the driving is better than it was in Crackdown. Something about it just didn't sit right with me.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    lethalweaponthreetc7.jpg

okay, okay, okay, okay

Senshi on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    025192443527.jpg

I can't wait to make Stelle Getty

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I predict many Jigs will be danced in this game.

I am now totally pumped for this game. Everything about it sounds/looks cool. Plus, as someone else pointed out in this thread, the hate between the two factions may very well exceed limits never before seen.* Many games before have had factions, but they really never gave the players a real reason to hate each other outside of, "They are your enemy".

I hate to see what the forums look like when this game is released.

*Perhaps even over 9000

Axen on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I wonder if there will be renegades too so you could make
    medium_the-a-team.jpg

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't know if any of you have seen this, but Kotaku has quite a few pictures of this

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I wonder if there will be renegades too so you could make
    medium_the-a-team.jpg
    I made CJ in GTA:SA look exactly like B.A., down to the AK-47.

Alas, my heart was broken when I learned you could not modify the paintjob of the A-Team look-a-like van in SA. :(

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Seriously I really do have a hankering for visceral street-level gunfights as in Heat. The closest I've gotten to that ecstasy has been Kane and Lynch.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    Tom AtoTom Ato Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hmm. I'm not seeing a Magic option in either of those first two pictures.

Tom Ato on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    I don't know if any of you have seen this, but Kotaku has quite a few pictures of this

Heh, "Claude" and "Barry"

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I wonder if they will let you dress like an actual police officer, instead of looking like a mercenary. A SWAT vest or something would be more fitting toward what game-play seems like over a patrolman's uniform but right now all of the "law enforcement" characters look more like mercs than actual law enforcement.

Last Son on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Tom Ato wrote: »

Those first pictures might make a bit more sense if you read this

Peewi on
  • Options
    Tom AtoTom Ato Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    Tom Ato wrote: »

Those first pictures might make a bit more sense if you read this

So, it was a joke? That's good. For a second I got very worried. Not that I have anything against turn based RPGs.

Tom Ato on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Last Son wrote: »
    I wonder if they will let you dress like an actual police officer, instead of looking like a mercenary. A SWAT vest or something would be more fitting toward what game-play seems like over a patrolman's uniform but right now all of the "law enforcement" characters look more like mercs than actual law enforcement.
    Yeah, and the whole "progression/distinction through appearance" thing kinda worries me. Playing as a middle-aged architect/semi-elderly mother-turned-vigilante won't be nearly as awesome if they lose the middle-aged architect/semi-elderly mother part.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Quite a few of the cops are wearing kinda SWAT-like outfits. Besides, this game's style isn't about being realistic. It's about being the biggest badassmothafucka in town.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, wait, how does the combat work?

edit: AH, relief, I was afraid it was turn-based or something.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oh wait, screw being the Fatman.

Who wants to be the Simon to my Simon?
    Simon_%26_Simon.jpg

Also, I am suprised no one brought up these two yet.
    starsky&hutch.jpg

Axen on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The information about this on Wikipedia has dampened my hopes a bit. Hopefully it's out of date.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The information about this on Wikipedia has dampened my hopes a bit. Hopefully it's out of date.

I don't know what you mean it sounds super awesome.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Article says only 8v8 for PvP. How is that even going to work? Are the battles just instanced and not really in an open world?

Regardless, 8v8 is kind of weak.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Article says only 8v8 for PvP. How is that even going to work? Are the battles just instanced and not really in an open world?

They should take 50 cops and 50 criminals and just let them loose in a full city filled with NPCs. Like GTA:SA MP mod, but with NPCs.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wikipedia

Obligatory

20051216h.jpg

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008

I believe the article is inaccurate.

The previews have mentioned how one bust was going down and in the back ground they could see another police chase go speeding by.

As far as the 8v8 goes. I don't think thats right either. If I understand what I read in the previews correctly it sounds like the APBs are based on criminal numbers and skill. One example was 4 noob criminals commit a crime, only 1 higher skilled enforcement agent was task to bring them down.

What I wonder is if you are driving around and see a gang breaking the law could you engage them without getting the APB?

edit- Yeah I just read a Gamespy preview from 2006 and it looks like the wikipedia article was lifted from this preview. So I would say its out of date.

Axen on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Much of my interest in this sort of game comes from being a huge Carmageddon fan. It disappointed me that the GTA MP mods didn't handle player/vehicle collision well (at all).

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wikipedia

Obligatory

*snip*

Ummmm, that wasn't really obligatory. It didn't even really need to be posted at all.

Just for further reference, someone linking to or mentioning a website that is commonly used to find out information on everything is not the proper time to post what is basically an image macro. emot-eng101.gif

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    fkn creepfkn creep Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Personally, i've been playing a Cops and Robbers GTA: SA-MP for a couple years now, so it's not like someone isn't already doing this for free. I hate the abusive nub cops in the game so I hope the cops in this game are restricted in terms of arrest/death power cause it kinda sucks being a criminal on that server.

fkn creep on
    t1g3rstyl3.png
  • Options
    AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Looks fucking hot, wasn't drawn to it when I first started seeing it, maybe since (unsurprisingly) it looked like the then-newly released Crackdown in some ways. That character creator looks great, shall certainly be one for avatar-creation fetishists like myself.

Azrael on