Options

[GW] Theres a party in the Fissure of Woe and your all invited

• Options
    MasterOfTactMasterOfTact Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    People who are going on the FoW run tonight. meet me in the Temple of Ages district 4. I'll be sitting in the middle of the courtyard so you shouldn't miss me.

MasterOfTact on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I love reading stuff posted by people who are much, much better than I am at this game.

Example: I'm flat broke most of the time, so I think I need to start farming. Here's a decent looking "how to" farming build/area guide for a 55 monk in Hard Mode:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10148384
    phat lewt?
    gw158lj5.jpg

And here's a rather inventive one that I'm definitely going to try when my Warrior gets big enough...a solo warrior guide for a number of areas in Tyria:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10046362

I've been working with my W/Mo a bit, and I got him to the Crystal Desert earlier today. Finally ditched the Charr Armor I picked up in Ascalon and went with the Krytan. ;)
    gw002.jpg

citizen059 on
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I posted Witte's guide a few pages ago, very helpful. It's what I'm relying on to earn the $$$ at the moment.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Any suggestions for a guild name?

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well I'm about to create a guild named virtute et armis which is latin for "by virtue and arms" or "by manhood and weapons" I haven't done it yet and I'll wait about 30 minutes before i make it happen.

wavecutter on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    We need a witty guild title imo.

Also i'm bored so im playing Gw again, im ingame as either saban the marksman or Musk Akera.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Cool throw a couple at me

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    'Vivere est vincere'" "To live is to conquer", Vivere militare est "To live is to fight", Vive memor leti "I live remembering death"

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    How about one from todays comic "Omnipresent Corpse"

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    "Omnipresent Corpse" it is. My RP character and the guild figurehead is Hjor Vanderskelt

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The guild tag is [PAOC]

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I also have a 32 slot vent server that's paid up for the year. Use your forum name in the vent. I'll hand out passwords as you join.

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Is there really any interest?

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    This isnt WoW, things take time. You'll get members over time.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm not really trying to recruit from anywhere but here.

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well, if you only recruit from here, it will be a pretty tiny guild. I only see myself and MasterOfTact on regularly.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    For the time being I'm recruiting from here. We can play it by ear.

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I wanted to get PA folks initially and then recruit other GW players. But whatever, we can do it all democratically.

wavecutter on
  • Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I had a brief stint in the old PA guild when factions came out, but then everything died, and I joined my old guild again (which is currently dead).
    I'm reluctant to leave again, but I'll be willing to tag along if you need players. My main PvE characters are a Monk, Ranger, and Necro, but I'm pretty adept at mesmer in PVP

Edit: If you don't mind a dead guild with 1 kurzick faction, an Alliance might be in order. Also, if you need some money for some essential guild hall npcs, I can give some

Serious_Scrub on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Let's hook it up. Let me know your character name and when you'll be on.

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Man.. getting that Rainbow Phoenix is going to be tougher than I thought, hm.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'd join up but I'm already a guild leader of a local guild with many of my friends in it, but I'd be up for an alliance if you want :)

Also I should be on more often after next week. Busy times lately ;.;

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Slowly working away at the EotN campaign, just finished the ebon vanguard part.

Gwen is so emo.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So how do I procure a trial key for this game? Ever since ditching WoW I've been looking for an alternative, but even though the game has no monthly subscription, I'd still like to try it without shelling out full price.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Most EBstops I've been to have a box in front with two dollar trial discs. You can also ask somebody who has the game if they have any more trial keys (they came with the retail box). However, it is only good for about 10 hours IIRC, which at best, can just barely get you to level 20 (max level). The game's battle system is balanced around level 20 characters, and it's difficult to appreciate the skill system when you don't have the attribute points of a level 20 character. You could try PvP, but you can't really do much without having many skills initially unlocked.

I've been a bit busy, and I haven't really been able to be on lately, but did anybody actually manage to organize any sort of groups?

Serious_Scrub on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oh wow, so i was just doing that asuran mission where you gotta find that faggot in the cave, and i got to the part where you have to follow the golem through the water.

Yea ok henchmen, fuck off and die trying to kill some useless golem, thanks alot guys now we've wiped and the golem is no where in sight, great.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I whipped together an Elementalist character for some AoE leveling, then realized that while I was away, the developers decided to make it a pain in the ass by scripting the mobs to run away, just outside of the AoE range, once things started to get hairy.

Any idea what I should do to modify this build? I enjoyed my time at level 20 and I'd like to get back there as quickly as possible. Any ideas for other Prophecies/Factions classes? I searched through a few forums, but most of them are filled with whiny, idiotic bullshit or leveling guides that applied to the game about a year ago. I just need some tips on a build and a few good grinding areas and I'm set.

EDIT: Hrm. Seems like my headache has made me grumpy and unwilling to comb through nonsense. I found a few guides that were actually relevant, but a bit of discussion still wouldn't hurt, I figure. I enjoy talking about this stuff.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    First, doing quests is by far the best way to level, not grinding. Second, the AOE-scatter AI change had to happen... mobs dumbly standing in Fire Storm or similar spells til they died was too easy.

You should look at other available Ele spells on the official Wiki. The scatter you're trying to avoid will only happen if the damage pulses come at a certain quick timing, so spacing out your spells can prevent it. Might want to throw a snare in there too. Perhaps check PvXWiki for specific builds. However, I can't vouch for anything specific on PvX; I was active on the GW wikis when it was spun off but not since then. Certainly it can give you lots of ideas for what might work.

One specific build that I used post-NF was basically this one, a Searing Flames ele. It's not particularly advanced, but it works (except in many parts of GWEN). I never used Meteor Shower in mine... too long to cast. That might get you started. There's some great Earth magic combos out there too. And Air magic is still fine for single-target spiking.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I remember leveling much faster off of grinding decent-sized groups of mobs than I ever did while running to and fro during quests, but the game has changed considerably since then. I understand the reasoning behind the AI scattering, as well. Mobs staying clumped up was precisely what made AoE farming such a ridiculously broken mechanic to begin with, but it was still annoying to find all of the little things that had been altered here and there, rendering a lot of what I used to do completely ineffective. But discovery and adaptation is part of the game and I'm not going to complain too much.

I decided to add a little bit more defense to my skill bar so I could space out my AoEs and keep myself alive while doing so. The scattering happened a lot less often. Those that did wind up running away were subjected to repeated fireballs to the cheeks, forehead, and groin. All the more health for me. I eventually got kind of bored with my Elementalist, so I moved over to my Assassin character and was promptly steamrolled by pretty much every reasonable spawn that came about during my trip to a quest marker. A group of two or three henchmen solved this problem and I remembered just how much fun playing an Assassin could be.

I'm eager to pick up my Warrior again and try out some knockdown stuff. I hear that can be pretty good times.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Saban wrote: »
    Oh wow, so i was just doing that asuran mission where you gotta find that faggot in the cave, and i got to the part where you have to follow the golem through the water.

Yea ok henchmen, fuck off and die trying to kill some useless golem, thanks alot guys now we've wiped and the golem is no where in sight, great.

This happened to me, put all your heroes on avoid combat, then just flag them to where you want them as you walk across. Or do like i did the first time and run to the res shrine as they all get mowed down.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I logged on this morning and realized I have a whole lot of cash, and I can't remember what I was going to buy. I think it was the 15k Kurzick faction armor because why else would I have amber in my inventory? Also, does anyone know about any sales on eotn going on? I think target had it on sale for 10 dollars a month ago, but I just checked their site and it's still 30 dollars.

My Warrior's name is Kain Airensbough, if anyone wants to hook me up with a guild.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The best thing to do with Target is to actually go there and check.

At my local store, it was listed at $30 on the shelf. But when I took it to one of the price-check scanning stations, it came up $9.99, and that's also what came up at the register.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    citizen059 wrote: »
    The best thing to do with Target is to actually go there and check.

At my local store, it was listed at $30 on the shelf. But when I took it to one of the price-check scanning stations, it came up $9.99, and that's also what came up at the register.
    Yeah, this is right. Take the box to a price-check scanner to be sure it's not really $10.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    BanichiBanichi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Amazon has it for $17 or so. It's not $10, but it's better than $30. I ordered it on Saturday.

I just got back into the game after a year or so of absence. I have a lot to catch up on, and the Factions and Nightfall campaigns to finish.

Friday Bomber: 20 Ele (Air)
    Teleute Endless: 20 Necro (SS)
    Sakura Kurosan: 20 'Sin (crap, no real plan)

Banichi on
    VC_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well it seems the Target sale is over for now. Hopefully they'll do it again, or the price will drop to $20 in more places. I think people have a hard time justifying $30, myself included.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Banichi wrote: »
    Amazon has it for $17 or so. It's not $10, but it's better than $30. I ordered it on Saturday.

I just got back into the game after a year or so of absence. I have a lot to catch up on, and the Factions and Nightfall campaigns to finish.

Turn your sin into a bowcritsin, they work great

All you really need for it is, barrage, way of the master, critical eye, and a zealous bow.

Keen arrow and sloth hunter shot are good spike damage also.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I never feel like Barrage is much good. Maybe it's just because aggro is a lot more chaotic with hench groups. Splinter barrage is pretty fun to play with though.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    BanichiBanichi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Morkath wrote: »
    Banichi wrote: »

Turn your sin into a bowcritsin, they work great

All you really need for it is, barrage, way of the master, critical eye, and a zealous bow.

Keen arrow and sloth hunter shot are good spike damage also.

Since I have Nightfall and after checking out some builds, I had thought to grab some paragon skills and screw around with a spearsin.
    http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453579

Also, my PC is now locking up randomly. :(

Edit: Finished Factions with Friday Bomber. EotN and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. just arrived in the mail. My PC is no longer locking up randomly (Or at least not as swiftly as it was yesterday).

Banichi on
    VC_sig.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey, So I've got my own Kurzick Guild with some friends. We mostly play on the weekends, and anyone is welcome to join if they'd like. Also, if there's some sort of PA Alliance, we'd be happy to join.

Guild: The Genies of Jazz [JAZZ]

Characters:

Akaike Sayuri (20 N/Mo - MM or SS)
    Korg Skullrunner (20 W/N - Axe)
    Vetis Taung (20 Mo/Rt)

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well the PA guild is disbanded. There aren't enough of us here to do that really.

Too bad they don't have chat channels in GW, we could just have a PA channel.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png