As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Vampires in Phallanka - Game Over; Village Victory!!

• Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    ok so it doesn't get out of hand !retract Daius

Actually, it was not getting out of hand.

I misinterpreted Mr. Defecation's post for himself as a post for Daius.

Squashua on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Maybe a stretch, but considering Cro's premature death and his insinuation about Quoth- although in jest

It would be prompt enough reason for Quoth to submit an order for his death if she indeed did need to make a hasty decision in order to make it to a rl party. :mrgreen:

!vote Quoth

Egos on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !retract myself !vote Quoth

Egos makes some sense.

M.D. on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It does make a little bit of sense, besides the very cliche reaction to the narration. But I've done that countless times, even when innocent, so I'd feel bad calling someone on it.

Regardless, though, lets say !quoth.

And let me say right now, gumpy in contact with the seer: I don't quite buy it. Lets see what he has to show us tonight.

Rend on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !quoth it is. At least that's a reason.

El Skid on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I will join the wagon.

Mr. Defecation !vote Quoth

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Voting for Day 2 is now Closed. I'm going to change the laundry loads and then re-check the results, and then I will make with the Narration. Please be patient.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Take you time LaOs, just please put it up tonight please. If you can.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Who will feel the fangs upon their milk white flesh tonight?

Burnage on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Vigilante? Now is your time to shine...

durax on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I get the feeling this is going to be an amusing narration. Aside from all the bad news

Egos on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The day was nearly finished and no one had set up the new stake in the square outside the village centre. Refugees had been avoiding the square all together if they could, but someone had to get things ready for the vote tonight, and the salesman had too much nervous energy to sit and wait for the musician's bell.

Cursing under his breath as he heaved and struggled with the heavy beam, the salesman didn't notice the butcher watching him from the edge of the square. He had finally moved the beam to the location of the pyre when he took a break to stretch.

“Have you given up yet,” asked the butcher, walking over to the salesman and the pyre.

“Oh!” The salesman turned and smiled at the butcher. “How long have you been standing there? You should have helped—that thing is heavy.”

The butcher just smiled and clapped his neighbour on the shoulder before crouching over the beam and gesturing for the salesman to help him raise the stake for the pyre. They grunted as they lifted, but the wood moved much more easily with the two of them working together.

“There we go,” said the butcher, brushing the dust off his pants. Turning around to see if any of the other refugees were watching, he saw the musician carrying his bell towards them. “Now we'll see who it tolls for, won't we?”

“What?” The salesman was confused until the butcher turned him around and pointed out the grim figure walking towards them. “Oh,” he said, “I guess it's that time, isn't it?”

The butcher just nodded as the musican began to ring his bell.

The vote was all over the place when the villagers started. It seemed no one had learned anything from the night before but everyone had grown more vocal. Eventually the crowd focused on one target and pressed her towards the pyre. She cursed and hollered, but the village eventually tied the chef to the pyre. The flames started quickly, feeding on the fuel, and soon the chef's apron was blackened and smoking. Her curses turned to screams as the flames roared higher but nothing else could be heard as the refugees held their breath, waiting.

It was when the flames reached her arms that the screams turned to giggles. Louder and louder she laughed, openly mocking the crowd around her. The flames highlighted her wicked grin with a horrible orange glow as she began to cackle about the foolishness and pending doom of the refugees of Phallanka.

A murmer passed through the crowd as the villagers realised that they had finally caught one of the monsters. Most of them began to talk excitedly with their neighbours, ignoring the wild and devlish curses that the chef shouted at them as the flames raged higher.

The crowd was growing louder and louder as they fought to be heard over the roar of the fire and endless string of curses from the chef. Hardly anyone was even watching the pyre when a sudden the chef let loose a sudden wail. She screamed so loudly the old breeder's hound began to howl. The villagers stopped and turned, staring, at the chef as she burned.

The flames had reached her neck and her her hair was melting as she rolled her head back and forth, laughing and cursing and screaming all at the same time. Finally noticing that the crowd was watching her again, she called out to them.

“You fools! You have no chance!” Her voice was dry and her croaking voice could barely be heard over the roar of the fire. The chef opened her mouth to curse the village again when the last of her hair fell to the dirt and the fires washed over her face. Her final scream was swallowed by the flames but the villagers closest to the pyre could see that her mouth gaped open and shuddered as the life was cooked out of the chef.

The translator had drawn the unlucky task of sweeping up the ashes from the pyre. She was happy that the village had caught a monster and she hoped that there were no more among her neighbours. Having finished with the ashes and rubble from the fire, she started towards the dentist's tent to see if she thought there were any more monsters in the village.

As soon as she entered the tent, the translator knew something was wrong. She had experienced some extremely tense situations during her previous career, and the air in the dentist's tent was nothing if not tense. She shivered as she walked towards the sleeping area of the tent, quietly calling out for the dentist. No one answered. When she pulled back the partition flap, the translator saw why.

The body of the dentist was draped over her bed. She was naked, on her back, with her arms and legs spread out and hanging over the edges of te bed. There were scratches all over her body and her neck was raw and bloody. The translator stayed long enough to be sure there was no one else in the tent and then quickly ran out into the square calling out for anyone to help her.

The mechanic and the musician were at the edge of the square talking and quickly ran to the frightened translator. She quickly told them about what she found in the dentist's tent and the three of them ran off to confirm the poor woman's fate.

The news that the Vampires had revisited the village centre to finish off the dentist spread quickly through the village. Many wondered loudly why the dentist had been left alone so soon after losing her husband, but none of them had the time to do more than wonder as the new of the rest of the night's victims spread.

The geologist and the dancer were both found dead in their tents, but the news was not all bad. Hardly any of the villagers noticed the sharp wooden stake sticking out of the geologist's chest—they were more interested in the fangs they found on the dancer.

While she lived, the most anyone noticed about the dancer was that she was incredibly beautiful. However, now that she was dead, it it was incredibly easy to see the deadly white fangs hiding behind her lips. The most curious part about the whole situation was the chunk of flesh that was missing from her neck.

The villagers couldn't believe it, but it was clear that the Vampires had turned on one another. The only dog in Phallanka was the breeder's old hound, and she could not be coaxed out of her kennel. No, it had to be the monsters they were hunting. Why one had turned on the other was something the refugees could not even guess, but they held back from celebrating too much. There was at least one more monster out there that had killed the dancer.

Results:
    Dead:
    JPants (the Dancer)
    durax (the Geologist)
    Daius (the Dentist)
    Quoth (the Chef)

Roles Removed:
    Villager
    Vampire
    Seer
    Vampire

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So I'm guessing durax was the seer, then? That leads us to

!Gumpy

edit: Afterall durax did question the legitimacy of Gumpy having contact. And he would know.

Egos on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ha! Well done everyone who is not me. Sorry I wasn't around today and most of yesterday. Been a busy weekend. I'll be able to participate more in the future.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    What the hell? A vampire killed another vampire? That is odd.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Huh, I didn't even notice that. I should pay closer attention to narration. I just assumed the vigilante took out the other one.

Could we have multiple vampire factions?

Locus on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    woo! We killed two of the vamps! good going, village.

It's odd, though, that we don't know who was who.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    oh wait a bloody second !retract Gumpy. Odds are the dentist was the seer, because of the teeth thing.

*stupid*

Egos on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    durax or Daius was the seer. We know the other 2 were vampires. Daius is a good choice because we all know the vamps have fangs that you can see now.

The idea of multiple vampire factions is intresting. Or a few vamps working alone maybe?

Damn, this game just got deep.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Progress is progress, at least, even if it did come from crossfire.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Vampire factions, or they didn't start off masoned... Hmmm.

I would cry if it turns out that Quoth was actually the seer.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    !Burnage.

Why do you say you would cry if it turns out Quoth was the seer; when as Egos points out, we most likely know who the seer was?

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    Vampire factions, or they didn't start off masoned... Hmmm.

I would cry if it turns out that Quoth was actually the seer.

The narration, even if it's just flavor, clearly shows the crazy chef is a vampire.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Mr. Poops is right.

It looks like LaOs made a boo-boo when separating villager / player / role in his lists. Based on the narration to assign roles to villager/vampire status (and the educated guess that the dentist is the seer based on teeth examination), you can easily figure out the following:
    LaOs wrote:

Results:
    Dead:
    JPants (the Dancer)
    durax (the Geologist)
    Daius (the Dentist)
    Quoth (the Chef)

Roles Removed:
    Villager
    Vampire
    Seer
    Vampire

voted off : chef | Vampire | Quoth
    vampire'd : dentist | Seer | Daius
    stake'd : geologist | Villager | durax
    vampire'd : dancer | Vampire | JPants

- - -

I understand his intent, but it wasn't pulled off properly.
    What LaOs should have presented is a list thusly:

Dead:
    the Chef - Vampire, voted
    the Dancer - Vampire, vampire'd
    the Dentist - Seer, vampire'd
    the Geologist - Villager, staked

Players Removed (alpha order):
    Daius
    durax
    JPants
    Quoth

Squashua on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Apologies to LaOs - I was working all day yesterday and neglected to remember I had responsibility in this thread too.

That said, I'm back to business. No work today, I'm ready to uncover secret plots and vampire foes.

By the way, anyone got a bicycle handy by chance?

Shamus on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    oooooOooOOOOO

I really was at a party. :(

OoOOoOoOOoOo

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Then I'm glad you're new enough to playing these games that you didn't think to default anything, like your vote.

Actually, it would have been interesting to see how you voted.

Damn. Next time you're a bad guy, default your vote. :)

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Squashua wrote: »
    Mr. Poops is right.

It looks like LaOs made a boo-boo when separating villager / player / role in his lists. Based on the narration to assign roles to villager/vampire status (and the educated guess that the dentist is the seer based on teeth examination), you can easily figure out the following:
    LaOs wrote:

Results:
    Dead:
    JPants (the Dancer)
    durax (the Geologist)
    Daius (the Dentist)
    Quoth (the Chef)

Roles Removed:
    Villager
    Vampire
    Seer
    Vampire

voted off : chef | Vampire | Quoth
    vampire'd : dentist | Seer | Daius
    stake'd : geologist | Villager | durax
    vampire'd : dancer | Vampire | JPants

- - -

I understand his intent, but it wasn't pulled off properly.
    What LaOs should have presented is a list thusly:

Dead:
    the Chef - Vampire, voted
    the Dancer - Vampire, vampire'd
    the Dentist - Seer, vampire'd
    the Geologist - Villager, staked

Players Removed (alpha order):
    Daius
    durax
    JPants
    Quoth

Unless, of course, we are supposed to be using the narration to work out who had exactly which role. Since we don't know for sure if the dentist was a seer for not (though I'm going to assume yes), I...

Er, you know, I kind of lost my train of thought there. Either way, we'd have been able to work out who got killed by what last night.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Unless, of course, we are supposed to be using the narration to work out who had exactly which role. Since we don't know for sure if the dentist was a seer for not (though I'm going to assume yes), I...

Narration tells us that Dancer and Chef were vampires.
    Results tell us JPants and Quoth were Dancer and Chef respectively.

Narration tells us that Geologist and Dentist were villagers.
    Results tell us durax and Daius were Geologist and Dentist respectively.
    Results tell us there was one villager and one seer.

Narration emphasizes the pointy teeth of the dancer.
    Geologist is not likely to be something that detects vampires.
    Dentist checks teeth.

Therefore, it's pretty likely the Dentist/Daius was the seer and that Geologist/durax was the villager.

- - -

Normally when the narrator gives separate role/id/player name lists, that's intended to obfuscate the results in such a way that you could not assign them without any prior knowledge. In our instance, there's really no point in the separated lists, as I suspect they're separated improperly.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I don't disagree with you; I do think the dentist was most likely our seer. I'm just saying that regardless of how the results were phrased, we most likely would have figured out who was who.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I don't disagree with you; I do think the dentist was most likely our seer. I'm just saying that regardless of how the results were phrased, we most likely would have figured out who was who.

Correct. I'm just posting the definitive list b/c
    (1) no one else was doing it and people appeared confused.
    and
    (2) it should help clear up any confusion.

Plus, the OP has even more info.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So Burnage is our only lead at the moment? If Squashua is right and JPants and Quoth were the vampires, then it makes sense for Burnage to lay low. The two deaths were right in the middle in terms of activity. Wouldn't surprise me if at least one of the vampires was just trying to skate by on his/her looks.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    What is the reasoning to take out Burnage again?

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    oooOoooOooo

Seer you later bitches!

Also, I apologise to Squasha for the mistake. But then again you aren't the dead one here.

ooOOooooOooo

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    If we look at those who voted to get rid of Quoth. When Mr. D could have easily eaten the vote, we get :

Me, El Skid, Toxic Toys, Rend, and Mr. D

likely removing from suspicion

1. Burnage has been laying low, but so has Shorn Skrotum Man
    2. Gumpy claimed to be in touch with a seer, unverified one way or the other
    3. Squashua seemed extremely angry at Daius for the misinformation bit. Daius died.
    4. Shamus, Locus, Hylian have reappeared having a more active role.
    5. If we don't know who the other vamps are, than there is a chance those who voted for Quoth are vamps also. But considering that Mr. D was acting too stupid to be evil. It would seem safer to let him eat the vote.

Egos on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I can confirm that the individual known as Daius was my contact. I question who targeted him day one, and my questions point towards Squashua. However, these are but my gut feelings and workings out, they are not fact.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I got called stupid D:

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hey, I was angry about the misinformation thing, but if I wanted Daius dead, I wouldn't have neutered the 2 person bandwagon, as it was.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I know you're not really accusing me Egos, but I'd just like to say that I spent most of this weekend making sure that my future wasn't going up in flames. Now that I've solved that problem I can pay more attention.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I got called stupid D:

To be fair I said "acting too stupid" not that you are actually stupid :)

And Squash, it could go either way: one you played alot of phallas and don't really care about the results. And want to make sure to punish someone for that kind of behavior.

or

Someone was using that to make you a patsy.

Egos on