Options

[LOTRO] Barrovian Society Wanders but is not Lost

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    That sounds like a pretty badass idea Gnome, I should try that.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh, and I really need to remember to start joining into the chat channel, but in my defense, I've only played twice since i reupped my sub.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I just died, I am demoralized. Is the level 15 and 20 title really that worth it? I have to meditate on this.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I dunno, while the title would be pretty cool, if this is your first / main character, I would be more interested in leveling up more to get to the interesting stuff.

Unless you wanted to change race/class, then rerolling for another attempt at undefeated would make sense.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    After reading the OP, I have to admit that I'm rather interested, if only for the fact that the community for LOTRO is more mature than WoW.

Something I want to ask though, is there any sort of explanation as to why Hobbits are suddenly deciding to just leave the Shire and go adventuring?

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Bilbo started a movement, he's kind of like the Beatles.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Damned bilbo, spreading his stories around, giving young hobbits funny ideas.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    After reading the OP, I have to admit that I'm rather interested, if only for the fact that the community for LOTRO is more mature than WoW.

Something I want to ask though, is there any sort of explanation as to why Hobbits are suddenly deciding to just leave the Shire and go adventuring?

Hey, take what you can get. They let you turn off your boot graphics so hobbits can go barefoot. What more do you want?

Veritas, I'll add a few to of those shots to the OP. Thanks!

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Norgoth wrote: »

Damned bilbo, spreading his buttons around goblin-town then asking me to go and find them.

Fixed.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just died, I am demoralized. Is the level 15 and 20 title really that worth it? I have to meditate on this.

I probably rerolled like 5-7 times before I got the title on my captain. The "Undying" title is completely skip-able as it doesn't give you any stat/skill benefits just likes titles such as "Chicken Chaser"

You really just have to take little risk in getting it. Many times I had to use that "fleeing" captain skill because I would forget to turn off my herald when platform jumping and he would essentially over agro all the enemies to me.

After doing a number of odd quest I finally achieved it by killing a few boars (seriously) near the Lonelands inn :lol:

I have to say the game was a lot more fun with the threat of a "permanent" death.

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    For $10 promo code, try "lotr3ten"

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    defrag wrote: »
    For $10 promo code, try "lotr3ten"

Is this like a subscription discount? If so I'm in for 1 month of $5 subscription D:

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    That one didn't work for me, but I found another one so it's all good.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hmmm, I had no idea you could still get a Founder's offer post-beta. I played through the tutorial during beta and really enjoyed this game, I just am not down with p2p, but ]now.... reconsidering!

I'll download the trial and give it another go. :)

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm pretty sure if I came back to LOTRO, all I would do is play and create music again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN-TLNuM9tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5QwsVQ2SIc

THIS IS ALL I DID

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if I came back to LOTRO, all I would do is play and create music again.

THIS IS ALL I DID

Adding these to the OP. Thanks!

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008

THIS IS ALL I DID

Adding these to the OP. Thanks!

Might as well add the rest.

Serenade of Water

Erana's Peace

Dragon Warrior Overworld Theme

Bonds of Sea and Fire

Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World

God, I swear, this is all I did in the game and it was worth $30 a month.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    Started playing the trial on EU servers. Got a captain to 7, and it feels pretty good so far.

A buddy rolled an elf. How long until we can meet up and kill shit together?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Started playing the trial on EU servers. Got a captain to 7, and it feels pretty good so far.

Almost immediately after the tutorial, really, if you want.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Almost immediately after the tutorial, really, if you want.

Yep you can travel between the major cities for 1s and it doesn't take long at all.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Aha I just started on the an eu server last week and am missing out on the PA contingent.

What server are you on and is there any other Euro PA'ers playing?

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Just me and a RL friend playing on Eldar at the moment.

Do you miss out on anything by skipping your starting area?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So, vocations. I'm a Captain. Looking through the vocations explorers can make leather armor - do I get heavier armor than that?

Echo on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah you'll get to wear metal armor at like 10 or 15, I don't remember which.

Armorer is a good vocation if you want to make your own armor, because you'll need leathor (tailored) parts to make the metal armor anyway, and you can gather your own metals. You'll have to find someone else to boil the hides for you, but that's probably as near to self-sufficient as they get.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Captain's get heavy armour access at Level 20, by the way. Only Guardian's get it at 15.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Wow, was it really that late? I feel like my captain has been wearing metal forever, and it's been fewer levels with it than without it? Then again, those first 15-20 levels go quite a bit faster than the later ones, maybe that's why it seems that way.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    veritas1veritas1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just recently upgraded my level 21 captain with crafted armour and halberd, he looks so awesome and he kicks SO MUCH ASS. Captains are so much fun to play. I love getting devastating strike crits for 400 damage.

veritas1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Right. Picked Explorer for now, but I'll switch to Armourer. My hunter buddy will go Woodsman from the looks of it, so he can boil leather.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Right. Picked Explorer for now, but I'll switch to Armourer. My hunter buddy will go Woodsman from the looks of it, so he can boil leather.

The cool thing is that you can easily switch from Explorer to Armourer, and the only thing you lose is whatever time you spent working on Forester. Any gains you made in Tailor & Prospector carry over, since those professions are part of Armourer as well.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So I'm thinking that after we get some more hi-rez screens shots I'll make a cut-down version of the OP to troll G&T for new meat.

Any thoughts?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Sounds like a fine plan to me.

Here's a few more from me:
    lotro00000.jpg

lotro00006.jpg

lotro00008.jpg

lotro00012.jpg

lotro00015.jpg

lotro00021.jpg

lotro00026.jpg

lotro00028.jpg

lotro00030.jpg

lotro00032.jpg

lotro00034.jpg

lotro00040.jpg

lotro00043.jpg

lotro00044.jpg

lotro00048.jpg

lotro00050.jpg

lotro00052.jpg

lotro00056.jpg

lotro00061.jpg

Unfortunately, these are from about a month ago, so I didn't have my settings cranked to the max like I have now. You're free to pilfer any of these if you want.

veritas1 on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    dood, denim skirts are out of fashion

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    dood, denim skirts are out of fashion

Hey, that's not me! I'm wearing a skirt that looks like it's made out of bathroom tiling...

Yea, the outfit system they implemented is an excellent idea. Every game should have this.

veritas1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    That's an awesome (in the classic definition of the word) shot of Weathertop. Makes me want to go mess with my settings again now that I have a decent video card. For me, responsiveness (even in the Bree AH) > pretty, so I don't have them set up quite as high as my computer could handle.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Nerissa wrote: »
    That's an awesome (in the classic definition of the word) shot of Weathertop. Makes me want to go mess with my settings again now that I have a decent video card. For me, responsiveness (even in the Bree AH) > pretty, so I don't have them set up quite as high as my computer could handle.

Yea, I'm the same way, but now I have a beast of a computer and I can run things maxed. However, Bree was still choppy sometimes so I changed player crowd detail down to zero and I barely get any choppiness there anymore. So nice!

veritas1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Nerissa wrote: »
    The cool thing is that you can easily switch from Explorer to Armourer, and the only thing you lose is whatever time you spent working on Forester. Any gains you made in Tailor & Prospector carry over, since those professions are part of Armourer as well.

Ooh, good idea since he's away for a few hours and I need some leather right now. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    GaruGaru Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    With a simple google search, I found a working (for me) $10 off promo code: ring4ten. Enjoy!

Garu on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Can't Captains use shields?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Nice catch on the code Garu, that's how I got the one that worked for me too hehe.

Echo: Yea they can use shields at level 15, I see a few captains doing a shield + spear thing which is cool looking.

I'm kind of surprised they made spears one-handed in this game. Can champions duel-wield spears? Because that would be just awesome.

veritas1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Captains can use shields, but there are some pretty nice 2H weapons out there, so you might want to consider the pros & cons of doing so. I think I'm currently using a halbard or something with mine.

Nerissa on