Options

[LOTRO] Barrovian Society Wanders but is not Lost

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    Food seems to be pretty damn powerful. If we get a third buddy suckered into a trial I'll insist on a cook. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Food seems to be pretty damn powerful. If we get a third buddy suckered into a trial I'll insist on a cook. :P

Heh, have him pick... um... I think it's Yeoman... the one that's both a cook and farmer. Being a cook without a farmer can get pretty expensive. (Tier 4 cooking is expensive regardless, since most of the recipes take only vendor-bought ingredients.) Farming can get tedious, though.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Can't Captains use shields?

They can but Captains don't have any way to make very good use of them. No skills, or traits to increase your block rate or whatever.

Also captains skills take a lot of power. You are better off with a nice slow weapon that will do decent damage every time you use a skill.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Dinged 10 and got this hobo following me around. Now to try a minstrel for a bit, methinks.

Echo on
  • Options
    veritas1veritas1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm going to start a dwarf champion this weekend I think. I want to start smashing things...

veritas1 on
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    My "character could not be saved." :( Why Lord of the Rings Online, why?

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Purely by accident I ended up looking like Sean Bean.

totallynotseanbean.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    My "character could not be saved." :( Why Lord of the Rings Online, why?

What D:?!

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, I've been playing this all week. I'm enjoying it quite a bit and have a hobbit minstrel up to level 15 now. I think I'll try making up a dorf guardian now, just to see what that's like (beyond level 6, at least). Also, while I'm loving the game, it has inspired me that I need to get a new computer sometime very soon.
    ScreenShot00000.jpg
    I don't think that guy's supposed to look like that? D:D:D:

Kass on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, I just bit on this yesterday. When Soulstorm bores me, you can count on finding me on Landorval.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Rolled a dorf guardian too and just noticed that same guy. :P

Captain was kinda fun, but all that damn shouting got on my nerves. I'll see how a guardian plays up to level 10.

Echo on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I downloaded the trial and reactivated my old account (as I seem to have lost/thrown away my old discs) but everytime I log in it says my account is Expired. It clearly shows on the Turbine account page that it's active. Any ideas?

Esh on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Shield Blow makes a very satisfying BONGGGG when I smash a goblin in the face with my shield. <3

Echo on
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Did they remove the musical sound effect from Minstrel abilities? I kind of liked them. But maybe it was just my computer being retarded.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Ah, I get a different little lute sound everytime I use a skill. Just a few notes, but they're there.

Kass on
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hmm. Weird. Stupid computer. It never has been that great at playing LOTRO well.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Esh wrote: »
    I downloaded the trial and reactivated my old account (as I seem to have lost/thrown away my old discs) but everytime I log in it says my account is Expired. It clearly shows on the Turbine account page that it's active. Any ideas?

Only thing I can think of is that you are using the trial account instead of your old one to sign in. Otherwise I got nothing.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    'k. Apparently I have mail. But a trial account can't use the mailbox at all. :|

Echo on
  • Options
    Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    'k. Apparently I have mail. But a trial account can't use the mailbox at all. :|

Your "Secret Admirer" probably sent you a present. It'll stick around for 2 weeks, so, if you upgrade your trial account into a paying account in the near future, it should still be there.

I think it's part of the Spring Festival stuff, but I'm not sure. Today's the first time I've had a chance to play in a couple weeks, so I have no idea what's going on with the Festival, except that, apparently, one of the quests was bugged and had to be shut down.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    What the flying fuck. I can't even trade other people on a trial account? Yeah, good job letting two trials pick vocations to complement each other there.

Echo on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    blame the gold farmers. they muck everything up

solution: nuke china

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Two people with each other in the friends list: nope, no fucking trading.

Also, no mailboxes or auction house.

Why not just make trials unable to see non-trials to make it complete?

Bah, all I wanted was to have my buddy make some leather for my goddamn crafting. D:

Echo on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would be playing right now, but my update download is currently at... 135%. O_o

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So playing a hobbit is pretty fun except for all the "Hey run all the way across the shire then come back to me" quests.

If I send somebody a trial with my lifetime account does it automatically give them the founder's trial?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I think so. Lowlylowlycook sent me one of those afer I had tried the basic free trial (the no-trade, no-mail, no-AH version that Echo is agry about). That trial, in addition to being longer, has let me used all those features and got the cheaper monthly fee for when I sub.

It was annoying that the basic free trial from their site didn't allow those features, but is understandable what with the farmers and all (though maybe they should make it like EVE's demo where, while you can't send junk to people, you can at least receive mail, items, etc from others trying to help you out).

Kass on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I can see why they want to prevent gold selling, but come on. Two guys in the same fellowship unable to trade to help each other out with their vocations?

I was going to buy it and try for a full month anyway, but it seems I have to do it before I'm even done with the trial to actually get somewhere.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Awesome the keg is unguarded. Let's get this party started!
    ScreenShot00032.jpg

Hmmm, this hobbit drink is stronger than you might think. I'll just lay down over here for a bit.
    ScreenShot00033.jpg

Ugh, I fell asleep. Wait! Where am I? Is this Weathertop?
    ScreenShot00028.jpg

I might not remember last night but I sure am feeling it. I'm going to be sick.
    ScreenShot00029.jpg

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I'm thinking that after we get some more hi-rez screens shots I'll make a cut-down version of the OP to troll G&T for new meat.

Any thoughts?

What areas do you need again? I'll grab some screenshots.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Suds wrote: »
    So I'm thinking that after we get some more hi-rez screens shots I'll make a cut-down version of the OP to troll G&T for new meat.

Any thoughts?

What areas do you need again? I'll grab some screenshots.

Ettinmores, Thorin's Gate, Erid Luin. But also just awsome screenshots in general that I can add to the 3rd post.

Thanks

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I signed up for a trial, just to see how the game is nowadays.

I visited the neighborhoods.

Sold.

Also I'm still just fucking playing music.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Bah, the local GAME still wants $Texas for the retail version. I'll mail order for one quarter of that instead. Should arrive before my trial is done.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Bah, the local GAME still wants $Texas for the retail version. I'll mail order for one quarter of that instead. Should arrive before my trial is done.

Eh, nevermind.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Man, I reactivated about 10 minutes ago, and it's still saying my account has expired. Let me log in, dammit, I want that house I visited!

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    My Captain was fun, but I'm having just as fun on my dwarf Guardian, so I think I'll stick to the stunty.

And the "WAAAAH! IEEEEH! AAAAAH!" every five seconds on a captain got on my nerves. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    My main is a Captain, alt is a Minstrel.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    My main is a Captain, alt is a Minstrel.

If you get a group with say two captains and two minstrels things get pretty noisy.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kind of funny that the humans, erm I mean race of man get no interesting hells. When I taunt on my champion he yells out 'Baruk Khazad!' or 'Khazad Ai Menu!' and only sometimes does 'AHHHHHHH!'

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, the Dwarf shouts are definitely better. There's still nothing like grouping with a few captains and minstrels though.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Do Guardians get a ranged taunt?

Being so used to WoW I have a hard time getting aggro back from my hunter buddy due to the threat moves being on the next swing instead of instant and I pretty much have to wait until the mob runs all the way to the hunter to be able to hit it and get threat back.

Echo on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Misty Mountains:
    ScreenShot00033.jpg

Trollshaws:
    ScreenShot00042.jpg

Thorin's Gate
    ScreenShot00046.jpg

Ered Luin
    ScreenShot00048.jpg