Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[LOTRO] Barrovian Society Wanders but is not Lost

1484951535463

Posts

  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dedian wrote: »
    The research I did AFTER buying a house in Bree said that for proximity to crafting and stables, Thorin's Gate is the way to go. Breeland Homesteads is a 3-4 minute run to the SE corner of Bree. Shire is close-ish to some crafting and a stable, and Elf houses are pretty much in the middle of nowhere :D

    Really? So living with the Dwarves is the way to go? Hmmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to do some scouting.

    DrunkMc on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What's the standard going rate for a house in LOTRO, anyway?

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Looks like for a Standard house it's about 1G to buy, 50s / week Upkeep.

    DrunkMc on
  • DedianDedian Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    What's the standard going rate for a house in LOTRO, anyway?

    1G for the standard (small) house. That has 3 small and 1 large yard decoration spots. Can't remember the inside stats, but I have all birch tress, and I bought the house right next to the waterfall in Breeland, looks real nice :) Standard has a spot for one chest (30 slots, 100s)

    I believe it's 7G for a deluxe house, and 17?G for a Kinship house. Those are averages, as each "Tier" has higher and lower prices, depending I think on where it is and what decoration slots it has.

    Lots more info here:

    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Housing

    Dedian on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Great stuff there, dudes, very informative. Many thanks. :^:

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh, do you only use your house as an easy way to get to crafting facilities? Because if so I'd still need Bree or Shire because those are the only ones with farming fields nearby.

    And as a self-respecting elf I can't live in a fucking pimped rabbit hole.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • DedianDedian Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I use it mostly to transfer stuff between alts (hurray one more quicktravel option), but the fiance likes helping decorate, I guess :D My alts are pretty much stationed wherever they craft best, and then just quicktravel back & forth to transfer.

    Dedian on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So when you buy a house, it counts as a home for all your alts? Nice! :)

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • MatsuhitoMatsuhito Registered User
    edited January 2009
    So, Bree. I saw it for the first time today on my 11 Man Champion. I promptly crapped my pants and walked away. I was amazed by the beauty, and terrified by the probable flood of quests.

    Matsuhito on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Matsuhito wrote: »
    So, Bree. I saw it for the first time today on my 11 Man Champion. I promptly crapped my pants and walked away. I was amazed by the beauty, and terrified by the probable flood of quests.
    11 is pretty low still, you could check out Shire for some fun little quests first.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    Stevo 22 wrote: »
    No server issues for me, just can't find a good group to play with.

    I don't understand, everything seemed so fluid up until level 49 and now I'm hitting my pre-Moria slump I suppose. Bah. I'll get into it again soon because - yes, it is the highest quality MMO I've ever come across.

    :^:

    You and I need to play this game sir. I'm at 49 and I will help you with anything you need. /fellowship/

    Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Matsuhito wrote: »
    So, Bree. I saw it for the first time today on my 11 Man Champion. I promptly crapped my pants and walked away. I was amazed by the beauty, and terrified by the probable flood of quests.

    Just wait until you see Rivendale for the first time.

    Even now, every time I go into that valley I'm in awe.

    Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hey is it just me or is that second instance (blood swamp or whatever it's called...Lone Lands instance) really unpopular?

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thinking about starting up my sub again. I think my highest guy was in his teens. Would I need the Moria expansion now or could it wait?

    Shabooty on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Besides the Warden and Runekeeper classes there's no new low-lev content, so yes it could wait.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Stevo 22 wrote: »
    Triple B wrote: »
    Stevo 22 wrote: »
    No server issues for me, just can't find a good group to play with.

    I don't understand, everything seemed so fluid up until level 49 and now I'm hitting my pre-Moria slump I suppose. Bah. I'll get into it again soon because - yes, it is the highest quality MMO I've ever come across.

    :^:

    You and I need to play this game sir. I'm at 49 and I will help you with anything you need. /fellowship/

    That sounds truly excellent, good sire. Not many high-level players are willing to even acknowledge a low-level nublet such as myself. Pray tell, what is your character name?

    Edit: Nevermind. Found it a few pages back. Check ya mail, sucka!

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I grouped up last night to do a few Group quests in the Lone Lands. I have to say, so far the ability for people to play this game is far higher then it was in WoW. People tend to be less chatty, more killy. And when they do speak, they do more then yell curses. So far, the community is aces in this game.

    DrunkMc on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    So I grouped up last night to do a few Group quests in the Lone Lands. I have to say, so far the ability for people to play this game is far higher then it was in WoW. People tend to be less chatty, more killy. And when they do speak, they do more then yell curses. So far, the community is aces in this game.

    100% agreed. For me, that's a huge part of the game's appeal, as opposed to something like WoW.

    Lots of my friends have encouraged me to try to get into WoW, and it's like "been there, done that, got the t-shirt, gave it to the Salvation Army", know what I mean? I've tried many MMOs, and none have been able to keep my attention except for LOTRO. I love the lore, the community, the art direction, the quests (yes, even in the Shire), and the crafting. I'll be hard-pressed to find a better MMO for a long time to come.

    Unless they decide to use the movie license to make an MMO of equal or better quality.

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Shire quests are fantastic. They lead you around the Shire almost perfectly. I never really had to interact with the community at large in WoW because I played with one of the biggest Dutch raiding guilds and even though I always lagged behind I could usually convince some folks to play with me.

    After WoW I jumped into the mad world of free MMOs and as much fun as some of those games are, their communities always suck. Unless you're rolling with PA, of course.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • blindside044blindside044 Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey is it just me or is that second instance (blood swamp or whatever it's called...Lone Lands instance) really unpopular?

    Yep, you are correct; GA (Garth Agarwen) is pretty unpopular. I think because it's a pretty hard instance, and some people dont find the rewards to match the difficulty, so they skip it. But I don't mind, its pretty fun.. and challenging. Just be on the lookout for groups in the LFF, you will find one eventually. :)

    blindside044 on
    Michael: Come on, face it. You do all this charity crap just to stroke your ego. You don't even know what the auction's for tonight.
    Lindsay: The wetlands.
    Michael: To do what with them?
    Lindsay: Dry them.
    Michael: Save them.
    Lindsay: ...from drying!
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey is it just me or is that second instance (blood swamp or whatever it's called...Lone Lands instance) really unpopular?

    Yep, you are correct; GA (Garth Agarwen) is pretty unpopular. I think because it's a pretty hard instance, and some people dont find the rewards to match the difficulty, so they skip it. But I don't mind, its pretty fun.. and challenging. Just be on the lookout for groups in the LFF, you will find one eventually. :)

    Garth Agarwen, I saw Radagast mention the name, didn't realise it was an instance. I'll just try and get some of my kinmembers to rush me through. I first gotta make sure I have all the quest that require me to go there, though. I have one left-over quest from Great Barrows and I wish I could just finish it, but it's the one where you need to pick up relics and they're all in rooms with burrowed little spiders in them. D:

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So.......I was just in bree, up by the NW Horse. And a duck named ~Duracell, Level 1 ran by. What the hell was that? It ran right up the Great Road, faster then my Hunter could run with the Hunter run buff.

    DrunkMc on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    So.......I was just in bree, up by the NW Horse. And a duck named ~Duracell, Level 1 ran by. What the hell was that? It ran right up the Great Road, faster then my Hunter could run with the Hunter run buff.
    Chicken.

    There's a bunch of quests that make you live the life of a chicken trying to warn all the peaceloving animals of Middle Earth against the dangers of wolves and other mean beasts. The final reward is a cloak that allows you do dance like a chicken.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    So.......I was just in bree, up by the NW Horse. And a duck named ~Duracell, Level 1 ran by. What the hell was that? It ran right up the Great Road, faster then my Hunter could run with the Hunter run buff.
    Chicken.

    There's a bunch of quests that make you live the life of a chicken trying to warn all the peaceloving animals of Middle Earth against the dangers of wolves and other mean beasts. The final reward is a cloak that allows you do dance like a chicken.

    Ha! That's amazing.

    DrunkMc on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I almost did them when I was lev8 but after I warned the beasts of the Shire I decided to look up the effort it would take and I decided it would be something to do for if I ever get really bored. :P

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    When and where does one acquire this quest?

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This is the first quest in the line: http://www.thebrasse.com/lotro/quest/664

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    So I grouped up last night to do a few Group quests in the Lone Lands. I have to say, so far the ability for people to play this game is far higher then it was in WoW. People tend to be less chatty, more killy. And when they do speak, they do more then yell curses. So far, the community is aces in this game.

    100% agreed. For me, that's a huge part of the game's appeal, as opposed to something like WoW.

    Lots of my friends have encouraged me to try to get into WoW, and it's like "been there, done that, got the t-shirt, gave it to the Salvation Army", know what I mean? I've tried many MMOs, and none have been able to keep my attention except for LOTRO. I love the lore, the community, the art direction, the quests (yes, even in the Shire), and the crafting. I'll be hard-pressed to find a better MMO for a long time to come.

    Unless they decide to use the movie license to make an MMO of equal or better quality.

    Completely agree, I've looked into other MMOs, played a bit of WoW, but nothing quite captures the feeling of adventure like LOTRO. I'm looking into trying some D&D with friends for a different kind of experience but as far as fantasy gaming goes, it doesn't get much better than Lord of the Rings Online.

    I'll probably give Champions Online a try, because it looks interesting, but only to get a taste, I don't see my loyalty swaying there. The only thing I could really see taking me away is if the new Star Wars MMO is any good. And that won't even take me away permanently but it will probably receive its fair share of time.

    Now if they made a MMO called Hellmouth based on the Buffy universe... :winky:

    Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • blindside044blindside044 Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey is it just me or is that second instance (blood swamp or whatever it's called...Lone Lands instance) really unpopular?

    Yep, you are correct; GA (Garth Agarwen) is pretty unpopular. I think because it's a pretty hard instance, and some people dont find the rewards to match the difficulty, so they skip it. But I don't mind, its pretty fun.. and challenging. Just be on the lookout for groups in the LFF, you will find one eventually. :)

    Garth Agarwen, I saw Radagast mention the name, didn't realise it was an instance. I'll just try and get some of my kinmembers to rush me through. I first gotta make sure I have all the quest that require me to go there, though. I have one left-over quest from Great Barrows and I wish I could just finish it, but it's the one where you need to pick up relics and they're all in rooms with burrowed little spiders in them. D:

    The main quests you should have for GA are Grimbark's Reclamation, Ivar the Blood-hand, and Reclaim the Lost Maiden. And there are about 4 or so other "side" quests that require certain amount of collectors items or kills in GA.

    Steve: DDO is pretty fun, especially if you have a friend to play with as it is a primarily group-based game.

    blindside044 on
    Michael: Come on, face it. You do all this charity crap just to stroke your ego. You don't even know what the auction's for tonight.
    Lindsay: The wetlands.
    Michael: To do what with them?
    Lindsay: Dry them.
    Michael: Save them.
    Lindsay: ...from drying!
  • MatsuhitoMatsuhito Registered User
    edited January 2009
    On the topic of Chickens. I went into the Inn in Combe and there was a chicken just sitting there in a chair. I don't think it was someone on a chicken quest. It's name was Chicken and it just sat there, staring.

    Matsuhito on
  • GrathGrath Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    so I just picked this up my wow buddies are cursing at me over vent right now.

    Grath on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    so I just picked this up my wow buddies are cursing at me over vent right now.

    It's going to be a new and exciting experience for you. For one, you're more likely to actually find a decent human being or two playing LOTRO. Welcome to the void.

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The main quests you should have for GA are Grimbark's Reclamation, Ivar the Blood-hand, and Reclaim the Lost Maiden. And there are about 4 or so other "side" quests that require certain amount of collectors items or kills in GA.

    Steve: DDO is pretty fun, especially if you have a friend to play with as it is a primarily group-based game.
    Thanks. :^:

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just dinged 15 on my hunter, and also picked up crafting again. I am officially back. Loving this game right now.

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I did part of GA yesterday with a lev60. I didn't have any quests, but the shear size of the place and the beauty of it made me realise I'll have to go back some time and that I understand why no one likes the instance. It's a 3 hr ride in a low-lev instance, that's just way too long.

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    Just dinged 15 on my hunter, and also picked up crafting again. I am officially back. Loving this game right now.

    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Back!!!!!!!

    DrunkMc on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    Triple B wrote: »
    Just dinged 15 on my hunter, and also picked up crafting again. I am officially back. Loving this game right now.

    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Back!!!!!!!

    Dude, what? :lol:

    If I didn't know better I'd swear you were playing with Edros back in the day. I'd honestly be surprised if anyone still playing remembered who I was.

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • GrathGrath Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    I have a 23 hunter and 11 or 12 burglar on landroval

    I actually have a guild from when I played before thats at the max lifespan now. I don't know what any of that means but it exists if anyone wants it. We picked up the game in anticipation of Warhammer online so the guild name is "Preparing for WAR"
    Triple B wrote: »
    Grath wrote: »
    so I just picked this up my wow buddies are cursing at me over vent right now.

    It's going to be a new and exciting experience for you. For one, you're more likely to actually find a decent human being or two playing LOTRO. Welcome to the void.

    half of them were cussing because they didn't want to pick up the expansion too but they knew they were gonna when I was like "oh look guys we can get houses and take over our own neighborhood" and I was all "oh man look at this sweet guild hall, man guild halls are awesome I wish wow had guild halls"

    Grath on
  • blindside044blindside044 Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    I did part of GA yesterday with a lev60. I didn't have any quests, but the shear size of the place and the beauty of it made me realise I'll have to go back some time and that I understand why no one likes the instance. It's a 3 hr ride in a low-lev instance, that's just way too long.

    3 hrs is probably the max amount of time it would take with a "regular" group; it should usually be around 2hrs. I just completed the entire instance in about an hour or so, maybe hour and a half, with two high levels in the group. So yea... it's pretty fun :)

    blindside044 on
    Michael: Come on, face it. You do all this charity crap just to stroke your ego. You don't even know what the auction's for tonight.
    Lindsay: The wetlands.
    Michael: To do what with them?
    Lindsay: Dry them.
    Michael: Save them.
    Lindsay: ...from drying!
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    I did part of GA yesterday with a lev60. I didn't have any quests, but the shear size of the place and the beauty of it made me realise I'll have to go back some time and that I understand why no one likes the instance. It's a 3 hr ride in a low-lev instance, that's just way too long.

    3 hrs is probably the max amount of time it would take with a "regular" group; it should usually be around 2hrs. I just completed the entire instance in about an hour or so, maybe hour and a half, with two high levels in the group. So yea... it's pretty fun :)

    It's a hassle to convince my kinmembers, they're all very convinced that it's a shit instance. Do you have any convincing arguments per chance? Other than "it's fun, you idiots!"

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
Sign In or Register to comment.