As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

• Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    haha no SD player would be good enough for Tim and you know it

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Peavy is good enough :( he's the reigning CY Young award winner. and if Chris Young didn't get blasted in the face, he'd be a contender.

Out for a couple months to have fucking surgery to repair his face, and his first start back he strikes out 8 batters. dude is a stud

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    But he's no Lincecum

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ...You win. If he doesn't win a Cy Young in at least two years, something is horribly wrong.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The only thing thats hurting him this year are the Giants. A lot of the no decisions he had could have been wins on almost every other team.

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Peavy is good but I mean why trade someone who is younger, a lot cheaper, and probably just as good and potentially better for him? Besides, they've pretty much said both Lincecum and Cain are not going to be traded. I mean ever, hell none of their young players are being traded this year... if anyone's traded it's purely a salary dump, for prospects, etc...

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The only thing thats hurting him this year are the Giants. A lot of the no decisions he had could have been wins on almost every other team.
    Welcome to my world of SD Padres. Our bullpen is shit, we have an offense that comes in a rally every few games.

Our starting rotation is pretty good, as well with defense. We can't make an offense or hold onto a lead. This is a sad year. Whenever anyone asks me about the Padres I tell them that Football season is around the corner and I wish we had the Gulls.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rofl

They just showed a footage of Manny when he first went to Boston on ESPN. He looked like such a fag.

Goose! on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    simo wrote: »
    ugh i do not like that deal

i do like bay, but he is no manny ramirez. let's see if he can handle the pressure

dodgers made out the best in the deal, pirates the worst

I'm hoping Bay will become a JD Drew type player. That would palatable.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JR's trade was expected. That man deserves a chance a championship. I hope he does well in Chicago.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i'm stoked to be able to hate manny within my own division now

trash as that division may be, we're only six back and the difference is going to come in whether or not we can make it count against the pads, the d-backs, and the dodgers

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I hope my Padres go on a tear like the Rockies did last year.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    mrpaku wrote: »
    i'm stoked to be able to hate manny within my own division now

trash as that division may be, we're only six back and the difference is going to come in whether or not we can make it count against the pads, the d-backs, and the dodgers

If the Dodgers make their way into the playoffs you're gonna hate Manny even more.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i'm not sure if that's possible

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The only good thing about Manny going to the Dodgers is that Jeff Kent will get pissed

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jeff Kent is always pissed.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm just waiting for the official announcement that the Pirates are indeed a minor league team and were only placed on the MLB schedule due to a error in Bud Selig's office.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    But even more so. And the pissier he gets, the happier I get

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, I was just over there and was like "Hey Jeff Kent, what's up" and he punched me in the sternum.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That motherfucker. You hit him back though right?

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Metacortex wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the official announcement that the Pirates are indeed a minor league team and were only placed on the MLB schedule due to a error in Bud Selig's office.

Yeah well Kansas City should probably do it first. Also the Indians every other season and the NL West.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was mostly suprised that he managed to hit me

ba-dum-tish

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey there are TWO teams that are over 500 in the NL West. And Colorado went to the World Series last year

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2008
    I'm kind of sad the Cubs are done playing the NL West this year. I mean, they only went 23-10 against them this year.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    What the fuck Giants. Tim Lincecum has had 5 starts and a 1.38 ERA against the Padres. He's 1-1

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey there are TWO teams that are over 500 in the NL West. And Colorado went to the World Series last year

yeah, and it was fucking embarassing

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    mrpaku wrote: »

yeah, and it was fucking embarassing

Yeah they really ran out of steam when they went to World Series. Still though the fact that they got there shows they are a pretty good team, they were just in a slump at the start of the year. Now they are starting to hit again

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    they're coming around, but they have yet to prove that last year wasn't just a fluke, which was my primary concern (although if they want to just be the team that comes from behind at the late area of each season, more power to them)

i just laugh that the entire west looks like a bunch of amateurs right now and it's the main reason Colorado is still in contention

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'd love to see the NL West's record in interleague play the last 5 years. I'll bet it's abysmal.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Its really just the bottom Padres and the Giants though. Arizona has a pretty decent lineup and now that the Dodgers have Manny, they are a force to be reckoned with and possibly have the best lineup in the NL West thanks to him

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    A lot more than 5 years but still

Interleague Records from 1997-2008

Club G W L Win Pct
    Arizona Diamondbacks172 79 93 .459
    Colorado Rockies 178 83 95 .466
    Los Angeles Dodgers 191 90 101 .471
    San Diego Padres 194 83 111 .428
    San Francisco Giants 194 97 97 .500

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    those poor giants

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    HA HA HA HA HA! I knew it!

Butters on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    lol. ESPN makes me laugh. Remember that whole Manny high fives a fan then pulls off the double play? ESPN glorified that, it was a top play, they showed it OVER and OVER.

Now, as ESPN talks about the trade, they include it with the ugly part of the their little feature on it.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    What the fuck Giants. Tim Lincecum has had 5 starts and a 1.38 ERA against the Padres. He's 1-1
    I hope he's at least still 1-1 after tomorrow.
    Not really, I like the kid, but I'd rather see my Padres win

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I absolutely love Manny as a non-fan of any team he's ever played for.

I love that he doesn't seem to take anything too seriously and sees it as just a game, and seems to love getting paid to do that.

Don't know how I'd feel about him playing on my favorite team, but I love watching him on other teams.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i love watching bad things happen to the guy

i could just skip the baseball and watch tape of his bad day, and i'd be happy

mrpaku on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've basically given up watching baseball in 2008. Too painful.

The Braves got absolutely RACKED with injuries.

Our two top pitchers at the start of the year are now basically out for the year.

- Tim Hudson is about probably about to have Tommy Johns surgery - out for the year.
    - Smoltz? Out for the year
    - Glavine - Been injured a lot, wouldn't surprise me if he were somehow done and I didn't know it.
    - Mike Hampton - been injured for like 3 years now, has made like.. half a start or something absurd? I don't know.
    - Soriano was hurt for a while and all of our setup men and closers have been hurt.

Then Chipper has been hurt a lot because he's older now. Escobar was out for a while. McCann got concussed the other day. Francoeur has struggled at the plate. We had to trade Teixeria because we weren't going to be able to re-sign him at the end of the year.

Their starting lineup coming out of spring training was a lineup that could have made a good run in the post season.

Mostly injuries and some inconsistent play has basically killed the season, putting the team like 9 or 10 games back out of the NL East lead. Didn't help that the Phils and Marlins decided to be good this year.

Jair Jurrgens, who we got from Detroit for Renteria, is basically the best guy we have right now.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    Angel of DeathAngel of Death regular
    edited August 2008
    Manny plays today, right?

Angel of Death on
  • Options
    DaemasDaemas Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    lol. ESPN makes me laugh. Remember that whole Manny high fives a fan then pulls off the double play? ESPN glorified that, it was a top play, they showed it OVER and OVER.

Now, as ESPN talks about the trade, they include it with the ugly part of the their little feature on it.

What do you expect, it's ESPN. They did Favre Watch during baseball tonight. I swear, can I get fucking ONE day without ESPN calling some quarterback's performance courageous?

Fighting a Bear: courageous
    Playing the Bears: not courageous

Daemas on