As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Ratkin: Los Angeles Underground

INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teethRegistered User regular
edited March 2008 in Critical Failures
ratkin.png
Ratkin
Los Angeles Underground

Welcome to Ratkin. Unfortunately, you don't get a big, involved opening, or a deep and introspective prologue meant to pull your interest. You're Ratkin -- you don't have time for those things. The Rat God is calling, always calling. Stop waiting, listen close, and get ready to do your part when you're told.

--

It is June 20th, 2003. It's a shitty Friday evening and you're stuck spending it in the Los Angeles Underground, the Nest presided over by the brutish and ugly King Runs-the-Muck. Thousands and thousands of kinfolk make their home down here, rats mostly, and they do a half-decent job of keeping the hundred or so Ratkin comfortable.

Water down here is fetid and stinks of shit. It's a sewer system, though; what you see is what you get.

It's dark down here. Most Ratkin fall into the habit of taking the Rodens form down here; those who are too stubborn or unwilling learn to treasure their flashlights as much as they treasure their own skin.

King Runs-the-Muck is big but he isn't stupid. Ratkin in general aren't particularly orderly -- it's just not in their nature -- but for these past few months, security in this cesspool has been stricter than normal. Rats don't just wander, they find themselves on assignment. That's you, Friday afternoon, June the 20th. On assignment.

Three-Forty-Four and Kat Killer:
Caught sentry assignment; there's four long stretches of sewer that run out from the hub that the Nest calls home. They're on assignment on the northern stretch keeping watch from the elbow where the tunnel branches off. From there, it'll break down into more and more tunnels, and the Nest hasn't got the manpower to keep all of those manned. Instead, there're Runners out there, making sure nothing ends up in the Rat Nest that isn't supposed to be there.

--

Only shortly after five o'clock in the PM, on June 20th, 344 and KK heard a low, banging noises coming from beyond the elbow of the North Tunnel -- far beyond the elbow, but nothing that could be mistaken for the casual noise of the sewers. No, this was something new.

Damien:
Damien was put on patrol duty with Runs-at-the-Mouth, which means that he's supposed to be running around in circles, more or less. Whether or not he's doing it doesn't matter too hugely: What matters is this.

Damien is several branches down from the North Tunnel, one of the four branches that spawn directly from the drainage hub that the Nest calls home. All told, he's maybe three hundred yards of sewer-crawling away from the Nest proper, beyond the outskirts, but that's not a bad thing: It means forewarning, and by the Wyld, he's in the right place.

--

At just after five o'clock in the evening, Damien and Runs-at-the-Mouth encountered a large human presence some 250 running-yards from the North Tunnel; they were armed and armored humans, seven or eight of them, in dark attire and with automatic weaponry. Their faces were hidden by masks, and respirators hung down from their faces.

"Go tell the others, Runs-at-the-Mouth squeeked out to Damien. "Tell them there's danger!"

Runs-at-the-Mouth was never as stable as most of the other Runners in the Nest; he'd hardly even issued the order and he was already growing, growing...

INeedNoSalt on

• Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey. Hey, did you hear that, labrat?

KK glared down the tunnel, gripping his circular saw launcher tight, really tight, in his hands, the occasional twitch of his fingers not likely to make his sentry-partner feel all that safe. His eyes were shifting back and forth rapidly, cutting through the dark like a hot knife through wet paper, or something.

I heard somethin'. Down that tunnel. I heard noises. Not normal noises, no. C'mon. C'mon, I heard noises, we're gonna investigate. C'mon, labrat, investigate.

The right side of KK's mouth twitched into a rictus of a grin.

We're gonna investigate the shit outta that noise. Fuck yes. C'mon, labrat. Lez' go.

And with nary another word, the Kat Killer left his post. Damned if anyone thought he'd actually stay in one place for that long anyway, right?

Investigate the shit outta it. Yeah, his thoughts kept going, over and over. Christ, I thought the boredom'd kill me anyway.

Activating Darksight.

Darksight activation roll. (1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=4)

One success, so I can see, whee!

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    "The fuck?" Startled from his half sleep, Damien looked up and nearly shit himself, then looked over at Runs-at-the-Mouth and nearly shit himself again.

Damien certainly didn't intend on sticking around for a fight with only a Runner who might as well be a Twitcher for help.

Before Runs was done shifting, Damien was running all out down the tunnel.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Three-Forty-Four leaned against the wall of the tunnel, a bulk of hairless crinos flesh with an almost deathlike stillness, a stark contrast to her hyperactive partner. She rolls her crimson-tinted glasses over and over in her hands, watching the faint light glint over their lenses.

She'd never bring it up, but she hated the sewers. It wasn't just the uncleanliness of the place either, it was the metaphor of the thing - rats living neck-deep in waste, most of it human. They were swimming, sometimes literally, in the retched byproduct of the monkey-plague above. It wasn't just disgusting, it was insulting, it was demeaning.

As KK takes off down the tunnel, 344 sighs and pushes away from the wall, pushing the glasses up onto her forehead, dropping to all fours and loping after the Twitcher. "Stop calling me labrat, you fucking primate," she mumbles to herself.
    Activating Darksight. Man, a 6, a 3, a 1, and a 5.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gunshots rang out behind Damien as he bolted through the tunnels, followed quickly by a still silence and furthermore by the renewed stomping march of the men that even now stalked nearer the Rat King's Nest.

Voices travel mutedly down the tunnels; Damien himself can only vaguely make out the noise over their splashing footsteps, and those further away -- Three-Forty-Four and Kat Killer both -- hear nothing at all after even the echoes of the gunshots fade away, eaten by the sewers.

All three of these Ratkin -- Three-Forty-Four, Kat Killer, and Damien -- travel at a run through the mess of the Los Angeles Underground, coming nearer and nearer one another even unknowingly, guided gently by the Rat God and their own mindful blood. The first episode of gunshots are not the only ones overheard during the several minutes of fierce running; bursts seem to be sounding out all through the sewers, in varied directions. Fortunately, they're coming from out; reason suggests none of this noise is coming from the Nest proper.

Sticking tight to the sides of the tunnels, just out of the slop and sewage, Damien hugs a hard right on his way to warn the others (maybe just on his way to save himself from Runs-at-the-Mouth's fate), and finds himself looking up at a bald Crinos, a grinning Homid; Three-Forty-Four and KK find themselves looking down at a rat large enough to send any sane person screaming out of a room.
    The GM reminds those Ratkin with Darksight that they can still activate Night Sight without spending Gnosis.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hoo boy, look here, Labby!

He grinned down at the massive rat. Definately not Kin. He crouched down towards it, not quite looming on purpose, but definately looming.

I heard SHOTS. SHOTS. We're investigatin', yes we are, investigatin' the fuck out. C'mon! C'mon, we're goin', an' you should come too. Come ON!"

KK's entire head twitched to the right, and the sound of his neck bones popping was audible.

Guns! Weaverwork. You don't wanna stand here, an' watch the weaverwork! Break 'em, smash 'em. The Weaver's shit all over these sewers, ain't it time to do some cleanin'? Let's go!

He waved 344 ahead.

Whatre we waiting for? Attack! Alarm! We got shit to DO here!

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    "Yeah... Uh... Sure." Turning around, Damien began to shift, letting KK and 344 move ahead of him a little before following. God-damnit, why did this shit have to happen to him? And why the hell was he not running the other direction.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited March 2008
    344 nods and flicks her scalpel eagerly between her fingers, a thin, somewhat demented smile spreading across her snout. She had questions for this new shifter, but they could wait - there were creatures firing guns in the sewers, and that probably meant there were humans in the sewers, and that meant...

344 twirled her scalpel again, and darted off down the tunnel, moving ahead of KK.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The trio sped down the tunnelwork, hearing the sloshing bootsteps and muttered voices growing louder and louder as they went.

"Kilo 1, Kilo 1..." and "Copy that, moving ..." and other noises - the voices of Humans taking after the Weaver - drawing ever closer.

The sounds -- of the humans, of the sewers, of the blood -- all seem to come together, to make it very clear that these people are not confused, not wandering, not lost. Beelining is the word people use for this sort of motion; they know exactly where they're going, and if the three Ratkin continue on their present course, momentarily there will be a head-on collision of sorts.
    Perception checks may reveal more of what communication is echoing down the sewers, if any of these three Rats are interested.

Also, I apologize for being agonizingly slow; I'll do a better job of keeping this moving in the future!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Damein slows for a moment and cocks an ear.
    1d10 → [9] = (9)
    1d10 → [8] = (8)
    1d10 → [4] = (4)
    1d10 → [6] = (6)
    1d10 → [5] = (5)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1520300/

Brody on

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Three-Forty-Four was not interested in what the humans were saying - she only interested in what the humans were doing because it gave her an excuse.

Scalpel in hand the Crinos barreled on toward the humans.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    "Shit, watch for guns." Damien dropped to all fours running as low to the ground as possible in Crinos form.

Brody on

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Fuck their guns!

KK gave a manic grin and squeezed his Circular Saw Launcher tighter.

We're gonna blow the fuck out of their guns. Quick, quick, ahead, 'fore they get to the Nest. Find 'em for us! Find 'em, so we can have some fun!

KK's entire head spun to the right and there was a loud cracking noise as he popped the joints in his neck, his entire body shaking in anticipation of the upcoming conflict with armed humans.

He didn't give a damn what the Weaverspawn had to say. Time to show 'em what rats were made for. Hell yeah. He broke off down the tunnel after the other two, barely supressing a cackle. This should be fun.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    As the Ratkin continue down the tunnels, the voices get louder and louder, that sloshing sound gets closer and closer; Damien leads the crew, but its KK and 344's ferocity that really keep them moving. Everyone is itching for a fight.

They round one last corner, a flat turn, and then things sort of start to run together; it's immediately apparent that there are a number of armed and armored soldiers not more than fifteen meters down this tunnel. At the sight of the ratkin, one of them mutters something; "Hostiles inbound on Nano ..."

Their guns raise, more or less in unison.

Damien is quick. Things are going to get violent fast, and Damien's the first to give an honest reaction; he leaps into action just as one of the nearest soldiers shouts, muffled by his gasmask, "Fuckin' kill them!"
    Initiative order:

21 - Damien
    15 - Four Soldiers
    14 - 344
    13 - Two Soldiers
    09 - KK

Relevant information: You've all just rounded a corner; you're in a sewer tunnel, about ten feet wide with two feet of raised ground on either side (the central six feet or so are filled with gently running sewage.) The ceiling is about ten feet high, and the nearest soldier is about 45 feet away. The soldiers are in a relatively tight group, with only two or three feet between them.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Seeing the armed humans, with two fucking crazy ass rats behind him, Damien realized it was probably safest in the midst of the group rather than sitting around at range.

That being decided, Damien charges forward, maneuvering around the front line to bury his teeth into the Comm Officer, who falls to the ground bleeding.

Brody on

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Three-Forty-Four drops to all fours and charges toward the soldiers, letting out a long, loud screech. She wasn't even really paying attention to the kin around her anymore, she was focused only on the monkeys ahead of her and the rage that was coursing through her.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    WEAVERSPAAAAAAWN!

Kat Killer screamed at the top of his lungs and levelled the Circular Saw Launcher at his enemies. He gave a malicious grin... he'd seen what this thing could do to a stinking HUMAN. With another gutteral, wordless scream, he jerked the activator... and twitched.

The blasted thing nearly exploded into a flurry of whirling, screaming sawblades that damn near took off KK's arms and almost eviscarated him.

FUUUUUUUU--GRAAAAAAA!

The saw launcher fell to the stone of the sewer floor, and KK's scream grew... as did he. Fur sprouted from him, and the audible sound of popping, twisting, cracking bones could be heard mixed with the gunshots and the screaming and cursing of the wounded Comms tech. He threw himself at the combat, utterly berserk.

It seemed that Kevin the Kat Killer, had frenzied.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Towering over the wounded Comm Officer, Damien smiled wickedly. Damien fucking hated getting shot. Hated it with a passion, as the poor man was about to discover. He quickly forced the struggling man's chin up and out of the way, ripping the protective clothing from over the neck with other hand, then lunged forward, digging his teeth into the throat. With a snap of his head in a backward direction, Damien removed a good length of the now dead Comm Officer's trachea before lunging at another soldier backing away.

Brody on

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Three-Forty-Four lunged at the nearest warm, bipedal, target. She whipped her arm out, her paws white-knuckled as she gripped her scalpel. The tiny blade flashed out, its silver surface turned fire orange in the reflected light of gunfire. It arced out toward the man's chest and dug deep...

...into the man's apparently rather effective body armor.

Three-Forty-Four looked down, rage abated for the moment as her brain finally caught up to the situation. Her upper lip twitched and a long, low growl filled her throat. In the back of her mind she added another bullet point to her long list of reasons to hate humans.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The man stumbled, climbed, awkwardly to his feet, still alive only for the generosity of his body armor, and tried to step away from the rat-monster. This wasn't how these things were meant to go! They should've been dead already, dead before they even turned that corner --

His comrade, nearest and with the commlink antenna jutting from his pack, was no longer with them. He noticed that, too, and it did not make him feel better.

Nearest them, two others backed away, opening fire on the Ratkin. He cursed and slipped back down to the ground, pulling his hand over his head cautiously -- they didn't seem too worried that he was in the line of fire.

--

The furthest two -- these men were already in back -- stood almost in-line with their allies now. They seemed very stoic, given the violence (at least, at one moment, they did.) The next moment they were shouting, their firearms were brought to bear, and horrible, horrible noise filled the tiny tunnels. The soldiers screamed at the top of their lungs through it.

Bullets ripped through the sewer, leaving nobody unharmed -- the soldier 344 had only just moments ago tried to stab was killed in the crossfire, his head exploding in a friendly red burst . . .

Spraying (Targets: Soldier 1; 344; Damien; KK) (16d10.hits(8)=3, 16d10.hits(8)=4)
    Full Autos Take 2 (16d10.hits(8)=8, 16d10.hits(8)=5)

Results:
    Soldier 1 takes: 2@1, 2@2 shots. He dies.
    344 takes: 3@1, 1@2
    Damien takes: 3@1, 1@2
    KK takes: 2@1, 1@2

Damien
    KK
    Frenzy checks (4d10.hits(7)=1, 4d10.hits(7)=2)

344, Damien both regain 2 temporary Rage as a result of this; KK gains 3, because that motherfucker is frenzied.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The rock-and-roll staccato bursts of gunfire were accompanied by the vocal talents of the roaring, screaming Twitcher who, while perhaps a bit off-key, seemed remarkably in time with the percussive shots as he flew through the hail of gunfire. Bullets lodged themselves into his body, ripping into him, but he barely seemed to even notice. The wounds seemed to slow their bleeding pretty quickly, however... the soldiers might have known what they were facing, but none of them thought to bring silver, apparently.

He danced forward with supernatural speed to the time of the music of blood and fear, the blades of his knives almost glowing in the repeated flashes of gunfire. The last shots died just as he reached the soldiers, just as their clips ran dry. They did not have much time to consider their mistakes.... The music of pain and screaming hit its crescendo, and died, and the Kat Killer's knives ensured that two soldiers died with it.

His first knife slipped through one of their armors thickly, and sunk to the hilt in the soldier's rib, the armor and rib keeping the wound shallow but still dangerous, and for an instant it seemed like time stopped while KK let out a monstrous screech of what could only be called absolute, utter joy, and then like a rubber band snapping back into place, the Kat Killer was gone, already sliding behind the next soldier like an rabid beast, slavering with the need to kill, to maim, to shred, to rip. With a spray of arterial blood, KK slammed his knife into the soldier's neck, just behind his ear. Somehow, that soldier stayed standing as the knife just barely nicked his brain stem, but it was perfectly clear that this member of the pair would not live more than a few minutes without extreme medical attention.

Medical attention he would not get wading in the waste of the sewer. Medical attention he would not get while these Rats lived.

Kat Killer screamed with the tempo of the blood pounding in his ears.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The bullets kind of hurt, for a second at least. And then it didn't matter. The cluster-fuck of noise and pain had pushed Damien into a frenzy, and the pitiful human standing in front of him was fucking dead. Damien wasn't quite sure afterwards how that one happened, he just remembered that next thing he knew, he was standing over a bloody, mutilated corpse, missing a good 3/4 of its face, throat ripped open, and armor in tatters.

Hehehehe.... Fucker....

Damien's head snapped up from his leisurely perusal of the corpses deformities, sending a spray of blood from his slightly ajar mouth, searching for another victim.

If anyone finds this ass-holes face, can you please return it to the front desk.

Brody on

• Options
    edited March 2008
    One of the screaming soldiers -- still screaming, no less! -- throws his gun at KK and whips a long, wide knife from his belt, brandishes it wildly. He manages to only graze the frenzied ratkin, and there's no fanfare, but Kevin the Kat Killer feels a horrible sort of pain that's quite unlike anything he's had to endure before.

At this same moment, the other of the screaming soldiers points his gun near enough at the mobile Kat Killer's head, pulls the trigger -- there's a loud CLACK and then nothing. Again -- CLACK, nothing. He drops the firearm and goes for his own knife. Haha! Melee! This is where the fun is!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Kat Killer's roar at the touch of that bullet would have burst eardrums if they hadn't already been desensitized by the constant gunfire in such a small area. His scream became, for just a moment, intelligible, a warning, should his rat pack care to pay attention to his ravings.

Silver! Silver-clawed steel-spitting Weaverspawn demon! I'll fucking kill you!

He leapt for one of the soldiers, impossibly fast, his Rage fueling every movement as he nearly exploded into the man, the paired knives seeming almost liquid as he tore into the man who'd just dropped his gun just as he reached for his knife.

Unfortunately the man's armor was still good, and kept the worst of the attack off of him, but KK was no longer there, speeding past him to the next man, to the one with the silver, screaming again.

I will...

Kat killer slid forward like a viper, his body seeming like a rubber band of coiled motion for just an instant, almost seeming to stretch unnaturally through some sort of optical illusion based on his extreme speed.

...fucking...

And then he snapped back into place, and two knives came in opposed arcs, and just as they began to slide into the man's temples, KK's scream reached crescendo again.

KILL YOU!

There was a second as the knives slid home when the man's eyes widened, and then kept widening, and then widened even further until they exploded from their sockets as Kevin the Kat Killer jerked on those paired blades and ripped them straight forward out of the fucker's eye sockets, taking eyes, optic nerves, and a good chunk of brain matter and leaving them in the muck at their feet. Kevin screamed in absolute triumph as the blood and brain covered him, and slowly began to turn to the other soldier.

GRAAAAAAAH!

Just then a choking scent began to fill the sewer, one that overpowered the normal sense of smell and even overcame the smells of blood and shit and death around them to make the man gag. A distraction to be sure. But one that would very likely kill him.

If the Kat Killer didn't do it first.
    First attack roll on second soldier man. (11d10=62) Five successes, not bad.

First damage roll on second soldier man. Str+1 knife, plus 4 attack successes. (9d10=50) Five successes! Yes!

Second attack roll on second soldier man. (11d10=67) Six successes! This guy's probably toasty.

Second damage roll on second soldier man. Str+1 knife, plus 5 extra attack successes. (10d10=52) Four damage successes. Net total of 9, minus two soak rolls. I do believe this guy's a goner, no? If his armor soak rolls are exceptionally good, then I'll come back and edit the kill to something suitably dramatic yet less instant-deathy.

Stamina roll for regeneration. (5d10=28) I think that's a failure because I believe it's difficulty 8. If it's not a failure, let me know.

Charisma + Primal Urge for Eau De Rat. (5d10=26) Success. Should the survivor(s) do anything but gibber in fear, -1 dice to all actions.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Her own prey's head suddenly rendered headless, Three-Forty-Four turned her attentions elsewhere. She let KK do the screaming - he was, after all, very good at it. Besides, she doubted the primates could hear them over their own wailing.

She lunged at the man KK's knives had failed to harm, her scalepl leading the way, a streak of silver trailed by the full bulk of her crinos form. It twisted around in her palm, its point switching sides, allowing her to bring the ball of her palm down on the man's forehead, the point of her Pain Dagger peaking out below her fingers.

It didn't look violent, it certainly wasn't a grand, savage display like Kat Killer's continued slaughter. The man simply stumbled back, a tiny vertical slit in his skull.

Three-Forty-Four slammed her hand down again, not bothering to make a second wound. Just to make absolutely sure, she wiggled the handle. She seemed to recall seeing an infomercial for a device that did something very similar to an egg.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Seeing only two humans still moving, Damien launches himself at the closest one. The silly armor plating more or less protected the human from dieing instantly, but shortly after his brief encounter with Damien, his left eye-socket was nothing but a mass of blood. After grabbing the mans face and shoving him out of the way, using that pesky left eye-socket as a handle, Damien charged into the second, less fortunate human. This second ones armor proved useless, as the Crinos ripped into the man, disemboweling him, which added to the already growing stench. Then, as the voices in his head crescendoed, Damien growled and started chewing off the man's face. For some reason the voices found pleasure when he did that, disfiguring their faces.

Brody on

• Options
    edited March 2008
    In a fantastically disgusting display, tons and tons of worms and maggots pour from the massive wound on the dead soldier's belly. Snack-food? Are you sure about that?

The only remaining soldier, now with a burst eye and still shouting at the top of his lungs, strikes out at KK once again, swinging his knife both brutally and deftly. He is drooling. His knife connects, and there's blood. There's so much blood.

There is so much blood.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Three-Forty-Four pulls herself off of the now-dead soldier and quickly moves toward the last breathing primate.

Breathing, that was the problem.

her hand shoots out and up, scalpel held, barely visible between her leading fingers. There is a faint gurgle as the man drops to his knees, a thin line of red tracing up from his clavicle, over his chin, across his nose, and up into his hairline.

Three-Forty-Four reaches down and tears a piece of cloth off of the man's sleeve. She calmly and carefully begins cleaning the monkey-filth from her sacred blade.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    After what wasn't more than a minute -- probably far less than that -- the soldiers, six of them in total, all lay dead at the feet of the the ratkin.

Among them, however, in the running slime-water of the sewer, KK had taken his place, the silver having caused him consider damage and left his poisonous blood running thick into the water.

Maggots groped and grasped their way from the open belly of one of the dead invaders toward the water, likewise intent on making their way into the oceans.

Eventually the loud echoes of gunfire and violent roaring fade, and it becomes clear that theirs is not the only battle to have raged, with the noise of shouting and gunshots seeming to come from either direction in this tunnel.

Damien comes to his senses quickly after the violence has ceased, taking quick note of the ends of their battle and their situation. Tunnel Runners were not quick to frenzy, and even then, the Rage did not control them so strongly as some others . . .

Even now, on the ground and wounded terribly, the Kat Killer thrashed.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Kevin Kat Killer's frenzy had ended only moments ago, with his blood and bile spilling from his body into the shit of the world. Even now he lay there, thrashing and screaming with the burn of the silver searing him inside out. THe bullet wound from earlier had, however, begun to close... and it looked like as long as he did not tear the wounds even worse, he would survive.

He vomited blood, and then screamed, as best he could so badly wounded.

Fucking WEAVER. WEAVER. Fuck shit fuck GODDAMIT WEAVER SPAWN. Nest. Fucking NEST! Soldiers. NEST! Kill! FUCKING KILL!

It was only then that he discovered that there were no gunshots, no more silver knives, no new pain. he screamed again.

FUCKING SILVER!

He heavily, slowly, began to drag himself through the muck and the filth, paying no heed to the restof the world as he dragged himself towards the nest. He was greviously injured, but that would not stop him. If any more goddamned Weaver-fucking humans showed up...

He came across the fallen Circular Saw Launcher, and with a manic grin and another scream of pain, he began to drag it along with him, pushing it forward, then pulling himself to it, crawling, every movement obviously one made in absolute agony, and yet...

It was by will alone that he dragged himself forward, unable to even rise, so badly was he hurt. And yet he would not be stopped...

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Turning to watch KK drag himself for a moment, Damien then looked the other way down the tunnel, checking to see if anymore humans were coming. Sure of their safety for the moment, Damien bent down and started to search the corpses for one of the guns and some ammo.

Brody on

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Carefully tucking the scalpel back into her belt, Three-Forty-Four lopes over to Kat Killer and bends down next to him, walking along beside him as he crawled stubbornly along.

"Get up, monkey," she says, but despite the disdain in her voice, she reaches out a hand to help KK up. Homid or not, she couldn't stand to see a rat crawl bleeding through the waste of humanity.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    KK fought through the pain as 344's hand reached for him. He reached up, and did indeed grasp it, though his own was slick with blood and filth, and he attempted to pull himself to standing. He almost made it, and just as he began to get up, 344 could see that he was barely holding his insides in.

The Kat Killer was very, very badly hurt.

He could not stand, however. He fell back to sitting, and his entire head twitched, an audible snappop coming from his neck as he leaned forward and vomited bile and blood.

Luckily, the would wouldn't be fatal. Shifter's healing may not save them from silver wounds, but it does tend to save them from bleeding to death afterwards. He choked and gagged a moment, then snarled as he looked back up, the small hairs on the back of his neck raised, though 344 couldn't see that.

Nest. Have to get to the Nest. Defend the Nest. Fucking Weaver and their fucking silver nearly got me... nearly...

His lips spread in a soundless scream as he took 344's hand again and dragged himself to standing, his other arm, with the Launcher cradled in the crook of his elbow, holding his guts in. It was by the sheerest force of absolute will that he stood this long.

Back to the Nest...

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Shifting back into his homid form, Damien laughed softly as he uncovered a few guns, the small cache of ammo, and the silver knives. Stuffing the spare ammo into his satchel, he swung one of the gun-staps over his shoulder. Once they got back to the nest, he would have to ditch the gun, but until then he felt a lot safer with a means of attacking from a distance.

Done rummaging, Damien swung around and jogged up to KK and 344, slowing as he realized just how damaged KK was.

"Hey.... Um.... We may want to bolt on this one...."

Brody on